forum

Can someone check my timing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Goldenglow
My friend said the timing of my beatmap is off and I would like to correct it if it is before hitsounding it

beatmapsets/1211172#osu/2521320
Zelzatter Zero
BPM 85, offset 78.
Topic Starter
Goldenglow
Is there a way to change the bpm but keep slider length and speed the same also is there a reason for the offset to be 78
DeletedUser_13957006

iEmpathize wrote:

Is there a way to change the bpm but keep slider length and speed the same also is there a reason for the offset to be 78
Change SV through the Timing Panel and the offset needs to be 78 (or similar) or else the metronome will not sync with the song you are mapping.
Topic Starter
Goldenglow
I made the offset 78 but slider velocity caps at 3.60 and that is not enough. would it become a problem if I kept the bpm at 194?
Zelzatter Zero
194BPM is not even sync well with the music, even when you multiply by 2 it only gets 170BPM as the closest.

Also, I think you should know the definition of remap, which is deleting everything you made in the map and starting it from scratch again. While it sounds like you'll throw all your effort into the current one, it's the only way to adapt those big changes like this.
Topic Starter
Goldenglow
how do you find the correct bpm. I put the mp3 into a bpm counter and it gave me 97 just doubled that because I wanted faster sliders.
Zelzatter Zero
I'm just relying on my ears for everything. BPM counter is wack sometimes and I don't like it.
Topic Starter
Goldenglow
I'll give 170 bpm a shot

edit: I made a 170 bpm diff and I can't tell a difference so if I could get another opinion that would be great
BR41N
I tried to time it. 85 BPM seems very obvious to me, but I don't really think offset 78 is accurate, I would personally use like 66ms.

194 BPM makes no sense because it forces you to use 1/8 beat snap division and then just place your circles approximately, but definitely not accurately or exactly. There is literally no need for the timeline if you want to map with wrong BPM. The point of having the correct timing is to make it easier to map. Listening to the drum/percussion background is the easiest way to detect BPM. In EDM songs, you generally have kicks at the beginning of every beat (sometimes replaced with a snare on every other beat, or complemented with a clap) with occasional variation. So, with correct timing, those kicks + snares/claps should only be on a white tick. With 194 BPM, it's all over the place.