forum

I'm no furry, buuut... (Spoiler free BNA review)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ThatMemeArtist
Me before watching bna: tch, i'm not those furries, vibing at conventions like the plague-
*clicks*
I don't see why I would regret this at all. Made by studio trigger, Brand New Animal is basically about tom nook's not legal thicc isekai counterpart (yes I checked just in case and no, you cant put her on a body pillow) sure, the anime is kinda sus if you haven't watched beastars, but let's dive into the main point here: THE COLOR. one of my favorite scenes in the entire anime is in episode 1: it's a dark cyberpunk alleyway with the only colors lighting the main character is magenta for highlights and different shades of blue for the rest. best use of color I've seen in any anime so far (that I've seen) The music is also god-tier SSS+ and I've listened to the op more than 10 times, give it a listen, you will probably not be disappointed.

it is currently in Netflix jail, so this anime gets rarely talked about, so I wanted to shed some light onto this gem of sight and sound.

go crazy with your opinion in the comments.
achiles0728
Me while reading this:

ThatMemeArtist wrote:

I don't see why I would regret this at all. Made by studio trigger, Brand New Animal is basically about tom nook's not legal thicc isekai counterpart (yes I checked just in case and no, you cant put her on a body pillow) sure, the anime is kinda sus if you haven't watched beastars, but let's dive into the main point here: THE COLOR. one of my favorite scenes in the entire anime is in episode 1: it's a dark cyberpunk alleyway with the only colors lighting the main character is magenta for highlights and different shades of blue for the rest. best use of color I've seen in any anime so far (that I've seen) The music is also god-tier SSS+ and I've listened to the op more than 10 times, give it a listen, you will probably not be disappointed.
Hoh? sound like it would be a great watch!

ThatMemeArtist wrote:

it is currently in Netflix jail, so this anime gets rarely talked about, so I wanted to shed some light onto this gem of sight and sound.
Oh... Well guess I should try netflix or something then (・ω・)v
michaelatheswag
BNA's plot was kinda broken, and tho Ogami was super OP (for spoiler reasons) Mirichu basically served no significance in the story. They save guarded her the whole show EVEN THOUGH she fell from like 10 story buildings more times than any other anime character in anime's whole history. Were they too scared to let oh-so-awesome "protagonist" girl get hurt for one moment? They did this with other main characters in Trigger anime, yeah yeah random girl with no magical ability (Atsuko Kagari) can jump into random monsters and risk her life because plot stuff, but the girl who IS NOT ONLY capable of saving herself but also is physically stronger than the "witch" girl still needs to be saved because why not?? The only "good" thing that came out of it is a fanbase that makes me vomit. Everyone in the BNA fanbase (and I mean like subreddits and stuff) only complain about how Nazuna sucked (she kinda did though), how Ogami is "hot", or how much they hate NazunaXMirichu and how much they simp for OgamiXMirichu. I just hated this anime all together but I better not complain anymore before I write a full essay on this waste of 6 hours. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but maybe I would to my worst enemy.
vishal Ajisai
O_O