forum

Second map, need some feedback

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SarashiSenpaii
Would be nice if i could get some feedback on for my second map, just be honest even if it's horrible.

>https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1210197#osu/2519520
BR41N
I can kind of see that you were trying to make tricky and hard to read patterns the main theme of the map, but many of them are just unreasonable. Besides, if you actually intended to make this a Hard difficulty, then you failed miserably, because this map is more like Expert because of those patterns.

Your offset is not accurate. Move EVERYTHING (all timing points and all objects) by +47ms (don't do it one by one by hand, there are tools for it). Looking through the map after the offset change, it's possible that some of the sliders that you used to map the vocals aren't appropriately long, so you might have to tweak that.

Then I noticed that some of your rhythm choices aren't very ideal (sliders extending over white ticks where a strong sound is ignored; half beat sliders that have the slider tail on a white tick - the slider tail has to correspond to a sound of less or equal importance as the slider head).

The spacing in some patterns doesn't really consider the gap between the objects on the timeline. This has mostly to do with what I said initially, that some of them are just unreasonable, but right I'm talking about the ones that are half beat apart.

Lastly, there's something more specific I wanna mention. 02:24:246 (1,2) - sliders with a circle that's (almost) perfectly overlapping with the slider's tail like this can be found like everywhere in the map. It is, however, very unfair as it's borderline impossible to read in some cases, because you do not know which one is the slider (if you look at the example I picked, both the 1 and 2 can be the slider head). This is not too big of a problem if the pattern isn't too far from the previous object, because you have more time to notice which one appeared first and click appropriately, but right here, combining the distance from the previous object with a new combo, which doesn't give you follow points, you do not have enough time to notice which one appeared first. You can easily fix this by using new combos to your advantage or by moving the circle slightly, so it's not overlapped with the slider's tail perfectly. Look at what I did with this as an example ss/15201299/74c2
Topic Starter
SarashiSenpaii
Thank you for taking your time looking into,

i'll try to tweak things (mostly my sliders) a bit better to suit (and probably change the difficulty from Hard)

Will try my best to correct myself, if anyone still has something to say i'm taking the feedback c:

>Changed the link to the updated version (still need to look into patterns)