forum

Poll: Do you think 'Divine Highs and Lows' will get a negative reception?

posted
Total Posts

Do you think 'Divine Highs and Lows' will get a negative reception?

Yes
42.11%
No
57.89%
Total votes: 57
Polling ended
Topic Starter
_MMMMMM_MMMMMM_
I would like to know what the community really thinks. Answer in all honesty.

Map link: beatmapsets/1197703#taiko/2494726

EDIT: there was a mistake with the poll title (my bad, now fixed) please re-vote!
9_9
stop asking dumb questions and rank it already
ndrrr
rank it already
Cychloryn
careful not to be misled by the title of this thread, cuz it's basically the opposite of the poll question lol
Metzo
yea the title was confusing af lmaooo
trollocat
why do we need to do this to rank a perfectly fine beatmap, I have no clue, imagine having to do all this to rank every single map lol if it's easier than its SR is not the song nor mapper fault
amge
Just Rank It
vrnl
Go
X a v y
rank it, no reason why the current SR system should hold you back
Topic Starter
_MMMMMM_MMMMMM_

Cychloryn wrote:

careful not to be misled by the title of this thread, cuz it's basically the opposite of the poll question lol
You're right. Now I edited the title. Ty.
Genjuro
No don't rank it, I don't like the song.
Whulf
you should rank it, there's nothing wrong or concerning with it.
Jintsuu
There's literally nothing wrong w/ the map
6_6
saying "theres nothing wrong" is just being ignorant to the pp system abuse, sure double spam is a star rating issue thats going to be fixed sometime soon(?) but in that case just wait for the sr change before ranking honestly
well played tho m6 lol
amge
the map is fine the pp system isnt ! :]
Topic Starter
_MMMMMM_MMMMMM_

FusRoYay wrote:

saying "theres nothing wrong" is just being ignorant to the pp system abuse, sure double spam is a star rating issue thats going to be fixed sometime soon(?) but in that case just wait for the sr change before ranking honestly
well played tho m6 lol
I don't see any "PP system abuse" on the map. And that's not my intention either. As in all my maps, I map exactly what sounds in the song and maintain musical consistency. That's what I did with this map.
This map has a concept, which is going from easy to hard, and vice versa. You can see that this is the intention of the song.
I think you are wrong: there is no "pp system abuse", we have an SR system that needs to be fixed.
roufou
I think it will, although if it were up to me, negative reception is not what gatekeeps me from ranking the map if I could.

I personally wouldn't want to rank a map that is basically a kantan for 5 minutes or something and has 1 minute of oni difficulty. From my perspective it's not suitable for rank, maybe for loved. Of course I don't really care if BNs decide to rank it, I don't personally agree with the decision, but it's not like that is gonna be the reason for me to be bothered by this game.

Basically I don't really care about negative reception, at least so long as that negative reception is due to pp "abuse". I unfortunately can't support ranking a map I think very few people would actually enjoy playing, just my opinion though.

edit: I might give in if people begged me, which maybe is the point of this thread. But I'd need to consider it.
Faputa
Please give evidence on the statement that the BNG as a whole rejects this or is it certain BNs you have found did. Or I can assume that you are pulling a straw man to attempt to deceive others to your advantage
DeletedUser_6637817
Holding a poll to determine community consensus about whether a map should be ranked is unsuitable unless the poll reaches 500~ participants (That number roughly corresponds to the amount of skilled players that are in the target audience of the map).

Also i second Faputas statement.
Stefan
Hey, why did you request this in my closed form >:[
show more