forum

[RESOLVED]About spread rules...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bingee
I'm fairly new to the mapping scene and I would like to know what I should be doing for beatmapsets I've mapped to get a higher chance of getting ranked.
So far, I've created a 6* map (It's this if you care: beatmapsets/1202603#osu/2514145) and I was wondering what difficulties I should be mapping to fit within the ranking criteria.
Thanks in advance!
Zelzatter Zero
Your drain time is 4:10, so you have to make an at least Hard difficulty (if yours has over 5 sec more, which is 4:15 or above a bit, you can have an Insane diff for the lowest).

But that's not the end of the problem, Ranking Criteria prohibits skipping difficulties, or the difficulty gap/star rating must not above 2 stars apart, which means you'll have to have not just a Hard, but Insane and Expert as well.

Well if you find this irritating to do you can ask for guest difficulties.
Topic Starter
Bingee
Thanks for the reply Zelzatter Zero
But according to AiMod, it detects the difficulty as "Expert", does this mean I only have to map the hard and insane difficulties? For the guest difficulties, I'll just google where I can find them; I don't wanna bother other people...
Uniform
You only have to map hard and insane since the diff you already made qualifies as an expert.
Topic Starter
Bingee
Thanks Uniform
I guess that basically covers up all the things i needed to know.
Also, something off-topic, how do I archive this post? Thanks
Dialect
you can't really archive the post lol

maybe you can request gmts to lock it? i'm not a gmt tho, so i can't do anything
qwt

Bingee wrote:

Thanks Uniform
I guess that basically covers up all the things i needed to know.
Also, something off-topic, how do I archive this post? Thanks
Just put [Resolved] in title
Zelzatter Zero
AIMod is outdated tbh...

Insane's star range varies from around 4 stars, pretty large compare to yours which is 6 stars. Expert's varies from 5 star so you have to map another Expert too.
Topic Starter
Bingee

Reforms Expert wrote:

Just put [Resolved] in title
Alright I'll do that.

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

AIMod is outdated tbh...

Insane's star range varies from around 4 stars, pretty large compare to yours which is 6 stars. Expert's varies from 5 star so you have to map another Expert too.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
Uniform

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

AIMod is outdated tbh...

it makes the quality of the mapset better, but it isnt necessary for ranking
Zelzatter Zero

Uniform wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

AIMod is outdated tbh...

nope.

RC prohibits the star rating skip must not be ~2 stars apart. His Expert is 6 stars, compare to Insane which is around 4 stars this is absurd. I don't even care about map quality in the first place when saying that, but still considering for basic rankability.
Uniform

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Uniform wrote:

nope.

RC prohibits the star rating skip must not be ~2 stars apart. His Expert is 6 stars, compare to Insane which is around 4 stars this is absurd. I don't even care about map quality in the first place when saying that, but still considering for basic rankability.
nope.

they can make an insane which is 4.5* and a hard which is 3.5*. That would it wouldn't break the ranking criteria but would only be 3 difficulties.
Zelzatter Zero

Uniform wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Uniform wrote:

nope.

nope.

they can make an insane which is 4.5* and a hard which is 3.5*. That would it wouldn't break the ranking criteria but would only be 3 difficulties.
Remember that I said Expert was around 5 stars? Even if this was classified as Expert intead of Expert+ the difficulty gap between 5* and 6* is still considerable.

btw, can you post the link to nowadays mapset that follows what you said? If it exists then I'll stop this conversation right here.
Uniform

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Uniform wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Uniform wrote:

nope.

nope.

Remember that I said Expert was around 5 stars? Even if this was classified as Expert intead of Expert+ the difficulty gap between 5* and 6* is still considerable.

btw, can you post the link to nowadays mapset that follows what you said? If it exists then I'll stop this conversation right here.
beatmapsets/1098183#osu/2294527
pretty sure this set qualifies.

+ my point isn't about spread quality, but the fact that 3 difficulties is rankable.