forum

Break completely RUINED my ability to play, at all.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Phoenix999Osu
About a year ago on November 2019, I posted a thread about how I was experiencing extreme decay from 2 months of not playing and a broken mouse. Needless to say, I overcame that decay in 3 days.

Now I'm absolutely done with this game. Because of an important exam I had, I decided to stay away from the game for 3 weeks, because I know there is more to life than osu, and it was a major exam anyways. Needless to say, I came back excited to play, and that excitement was completely destroyed by me realising my skill had gone to total sh**. Unable to FC even 3* maps, I'm basically back to being the shitty 400k player I was about 4 months ago, and I'm stuck at this major roadblock, unable to progress, stuck forever.

TL:DR absolutely beaten down by the fact that me at 276k, cannot overcome a 3 week decay in 2 weeks, while me at 400k overcame a 2 MONTH DECAY in 3 days. Need tips on how to recover.

Ok but play more?

You might say this but literally that is impossible for me to do. I have stuff literally on the weekdays that prohibits me from even touching my computer to play osu. It's a race against 5 days of straight up decaying vs finding a map I like to FC and at least regain confidence.
PalPal
I've experienced this too, my skill was rusty for about 3 day. Then the next day, i'm able to fc maps that i don't even can to fc it before. Making new top plays and gaining a lot of pp from 1500 to 2000 pp. Well, take ur time if u really want to regain ur skill. If u don't have enough time then just expect nothing. And don't forget, Please enjoy the game.
qwt
Simple don't care about rank like me
Almost
You obviously didn't learn from the last time this happened to you..
Juststuffinc
Hopefully, you can overcome this in the future, that sucks that that happened
-Chaeyoung
if you really can't play the game, and don't enjoy it, then just stop playing i guess. like you said there is more to life than just osu. i have never taken a month long break from the game so i cant really comment about any ways to quickly get back up to your original skill level.
Simon12
play for fun lmao

If you feel so entitled to being consistent then you better take this game more seriously and play more.

But like you said, this is only a game. So why do you care?
Naiad
If you have this attitude, you may never derust. Believing you can't derust and are too incompetent to do so causes you to play worse, and the cycle goes on. Hell, I experience this cycle like one per two weeks even if I don't take a break lol.