forum

RoBeats

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
alyxislonely
Hey besides osu ive been playing a lot of RoBeats its really fun you should try it out its on a gaming platform known as Roblox its free to play and its not pay to win overall its a fun and addicting game
Dialect
lol
Clemoping2
Yeah I've been playing a lot too bc my pen broke XD
Zelzatter Zero
Nah. No offense to the OP but I'd rather play Etterna or Quaver instead. They're way better.
JustABeginner
I've played Robeats before. I hate it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  1. It crashes sometimes when I'm in the middle of the game, resulting a temporarily ban!
  1. It's really strict! I can't even pressed the keys at an empty spot, breaking a combo.
  1. To those who have a s#!tty connection, you'll be enjoy listening to a white music with the annoying hitsounds and combobreak.
  1. Need to buy gear? I'm poor, spare change. I don't like the concept of having gears just to increase a score multiply and all of that stuff. Also, I'm not into trading.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the bright side, you can make friends and practise some maps that are surprisingly harder than osu!mania... only if can afford one or just randomly join in the multiplayer lobby.
Zelzatter Zero

JustABeginner wrote:

Need to buy gear? I'm poor, spare change. I don't like the concept of having gears just to increase a score multiply and all of that stuff.
and how is it not p2w with this kind of stuff...
z0z
this isn't really my type of game

my thoughts:
the input delay sucks
gears shouldn't affect timing windows
notespeed only being changeable via gears is bad
scoring is a bit wtf, you only lose half your combo instead of what normal logic applies?
scoring is too combo based(especially with in-game currency rewards on the line)
same as above, anti-mashing is too strict(miss with no notes on screen??)
shouldn't playing singleplayer give at least some reward for playing?
remixes don't make robeats safe from copyright, someone can report it to the relevant copyright holder and get the songs taken down, it depends on how much someone cares about that thing though

for the competitive player, it's awful as there are many better choices(osu!mania(lazer ver is better), etterna, quaver)
i think it sucks
- Isla -
no thank you
Phantonym
lol no
z0z
since some new major update for the game came out that i heard about(i didn't even hop on the game at all), i'll adjust some things
bold means a new thing added

z0z wrote:

my thoughts:
  1. the input delay sucks(they added offset, however, latency is not the same as audio delay, the latency of the game is the problem)
  2. gears shouldn't affect timing windows
  3. notespeed only being changeable via gears is bad they at least fixed that
  4. scoring is a bit wtf, you only lose half your combo instead of what normal logic applies?
  5. scoring is too combo based(especially with in-game currency rewards on the line)
  6. same as above, anti-mashing is too strict(miss with no notes on screen??)
  7. shouldn't playing singleplayer give at least some reward for playing?
  8. remixes don't make robeats safe from copyright, someone can report it to the relevant copyright holder and get the songs taken down, it depends on how much someone cares about that thing though
  9. this game works too much like a idol rhythm game where your gear is equal to the idol, that can affect how you preform a lot, it even includes some gacha like your typical idol rhythm game
  10. (forgot this last time)notespeed is inconsistent per chart where the hard version of a chart tends to have a much faster notespeed, forcing you to adjust your notespeed
  11. gear has too much emphasis in gameplay, it gets even worse with this update
  12. there's pretty much minimal accuracy focus in this game, you can win with just your idols gear
  13. (forgot to add this one last time)the existence of a vip system at all in this game makes me angry about the game
  14. (forgot this last time)the charting quality of this game is quite far subpar to the chart quality of other games
  15. really long songs are being put into the game without consideration that such songs don't belong in games like this, and the fact that those songs are being locked behind a subscription
  16. (forgot this one)the existence of a "battle pass" and the fact that majority of it is locked behind a paywall

for the competitive player, it's awful as there are many better choices(osu!mania(lazer ver is better), etterna, quaver)
i think it sucks and i will stand by this as of current
Noob
I tried it before..
and it's not really a fun experience playing it with bad wifi connection.
simpforhisokaa
wqabksdb i have been playing robeats for about two years now and honestly it is mostly pay to win; you have to pay for gear and also for songs and if you dont have enough coins you have to wait quite a while to save some up. also, gear literally just makes your accuracy better and covers up the fact that your accuracy when hitting the notes might be trash, which is sort of why im having a hard time with my accuracy since i just started playing osu!mania
KyrosGallade
Robeats best 4k game lmao
MarcusMMO
Robeats used to be the only rhythm game I played before osu
H_Mid
Dude, how do you like this game? It's pay to win, super laggy and some of the maps in the game are awful. The thing is though, I actually found osu by the game and now I really dislike robeats. Sorry but that game isn't worth your time.
worhas

z0z wrote:

my thoughts:
the input delay sucks
gears shouldn't affect timing windows
notespeed only being changeable via gears is bad
scoring is a bit wtf, you only lose half your combo instead of what normal logic applies?
scoring is too combo based(especially with in-game currency rewards on the line)
same as above, anti-mashing is too strict(miss with no notes on screen??)
shouldn't playing singleplayer give at least some reward for playing?
remixes don't make robeats safe from copyright, someone can report it to the relevant copyright holder and get the songs taken down, it depends on how much someone cares about that thing though

i think it sucks

roblox is a bit mmm
Astetin
lol
NerwinFFR
I used to play RoBeats, but eventually I realised there is just much better VSRGs out there (osu!mania, Etterna Online, Quaver, Stepmania, Flash Flash Revolution, and Malody just to name a few)
aNoob543
robeats is pay to win also if you want to be good in robeats you have to waist 1 year of your life for good gears to get you over gear power 500 one dude wasted 11 months to get all the songs
jacelife
No all the game has is gear abusers
show more