forum

decided to ask you guys for your final opinion before i set it to pending

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lonvom
hello im a new mapper, and i decided to ask you guys for opinions on this map, like what should be buffed / fixed or nerfed.

Song: At the speed of Light
Artist: Dimrain47 (https://dimrain47.newgrounds.com/)
Background: https://yurevart.com/projects/k4zN6n
Difficulty: 9.13* AR10 CS4.6 HP5
Map: beatmapsets/1201972#osu/2503278

(i dont know if this counts as a mod req, because i dont exactly know if modding WIP maps are allowed, if so reply and tell me please

thank you for reading :)
BR41N
First of, your timing is wrong. Use 162 BPM and 137 offset (I think this offset is accurate enough) and re-snap your inherited timing points and objects in the map.
I don't really feel like modding a 9 star map, maybe I'll look over the rhythm after you fix the timing.
Topic Starter
lonvom
finally done, it didnt save correctly so i had to redo :|
BR41N
You haven't really fixed it, though. You just changed the BPM.
Delete the 2nd timing point at 14:622 and then do this:
change the beat snap divisor to 1/4

click on the timing menu on top of the screen (not the one next to song setup, but the list above it)
select Resnap all notes

now look over the entire timeline and make sure all objects are where you want them to be (because it can happen that they were snapped to the wrong tick, based on how close they were to it)

if you notice any sliders with wrongly snapped ends (using ctrl+shift+A helps with finding them) then it's because of the BPM and offset change, as well as wrongly snapped green lines (inherited timing points); for this, go to the timing menu again and choose recalculate slider lengths and after that go fix the offsets of your green lines so they are snapped and at the correct place (they change slider velocity, so if the slider begins before there's a green line, the green line won't have an effect on that particular slider)

Also, put the spinner at start to the same tick as the first red line, lol.

After you've done all this and checked for any irregularities, then you've successfully cleaned your map.
Topic Starter
lonvom
NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT THE RESNAP ALL NOTES NOOOOOOOOOOOO

i had to painfully do everything the first time i resnapped it, ty for the little trick
ive already known about aimod, that was p much the only thing i used to check the snapping,
fixed now, now all thats left is the hitsounding

i should probably start doing other diffs
Dialect
well considering you're mapping atsol and using the terms "buffing" and "nerfing" i'm assuming you're here because of gd

as a former gd creator, gd songs are generally not good to map in osu, unless you're mapping a fa (like f777 or creo). other than that, i'd suggest avoiding songs from gd. they have lower bpms than the standard 175, and unlike gd, where the focus is how the level was decorated, osu has a focus on representing the music
BR41N

Li Syaoran wrote:

they have lower bpms than the standard 175, and unlike gd, where the focus is how the level was decorated, osu has a focus on representing the music
Why should anyone avoid low BPM? It kinda forces you to be a little more creative in order to make the gameplay more interesting. And they sometimes have their beats full of something, rather than just half beat rhythm, so that's even better to make it interesting.
The majority of songs I normally listen to have a standard of 128 BPM and they very often have 1/3 or 1/6 rhythms. They're not the easiest to map in terms of dealing with repetitiveness and gameplay intensity, but if you wanna map it then you gotta map it.
Dialect

BR41N wrote:

Li Syaoran wrote:

they have lower bpms than the standard 175, and unlike gd, where the focus is how the level was decorated, osu has a focus on representing the music
Why should anyone avoid low BPM? It kinda forces you to be a little more creative in order to make the gameplay more interesting. And they sometimes have their beats full of something, rather than just half beat rhythm, so that's even better to make it interesting.
The majority of songs I normally listen to have a standard of 128 BPM and they very often have 1/3 or 1/6 rhythms. They're not the easiest to map in terms of dealing with repetitiveness and gameplay intensity, but if you wanna map it then you gotta map it.
i'm not saying they can't, but considering they're a beginner at mapping, i feel like they need to focus on the fundamentals of mapping before mapping more complex songs.

but personally, they can map whatever, it's their life
Topic Starter
lonvom
yeah ive played gd for a bit, i was really just intrested in high bpm songs so i was tryna find it with archives in yt videos since i was really just lazy to download gd again
then i decided to head on to newgrounds and scroll through F-777, Creo, 1f1n1ty, Xtrullor, Dimrain, you name it,
I have a list of songs I wanna map, and I have a few dimrain songs I'm going to map, you can also obviously see that I got a lot of GD related songs since I just mapped something like Phobos recently. I find Dimrain's songs intresting considering most of them are fast and energetic like Midnight Seige or Operation:Evolution
For me, if I were to make low BPM songs I would aswell just put them onto Aspire or sum, possibly a 2B map