forum

Hekiyou Gakuen Seitokai Lv.2 - Precious (TV Size)

posted
Total Posts
show more
merchat7
Regarding whistle hitsounds - while it's fine to me if you dislike the default whistle hitsounds. However, my main point here is that I want you to add some hitsounding to those parts because let's say, at begin - 00:06:677 for example. The only hitsound is just finish so hitsounding here sound empty. Basically, how about finding a custom whistle hitsound that you like and add it at those places I mention? I already have some idea like getting a bass drum sound to follow the bass guitar/kick drums in music. If you don't have any idea where to find such hitsound, I constantly use them in my beatmaps so just take it from there if you want to do this. Or you can just search for some bell sounds which you think may fit with the song better and add them to the beatmap.

Even if most people don't notice this, when looking at the beatmap, I see that there are places where you didn't add any hitsound, but I see lot of stuff you could follow with for example whistles so this bothers me a lot.

00:11:121 - (Easy) and 00:10:751 - (Normal) I don't agree with the fact that stuff on red tick = harder diff. It all depends on the song and how you mapped it. Also the first note in both diff is a slider. I can hit the note almost 1/2 late or earlier and still get 300 on them. My main point here is that, like I mention for Easy, all the other notes like the spinner or the long slider after follows the cymbal. Hearing drum sound or normal sample set here sound weird as it's not consistent. This is why I propose to just follow the cymbal for Easy. If you truly wants to follow the drum, then I have a very simple proposal which is to extend the spinner by 1/1 (in Easy) so that it ends on 00:10:380 and do Normal sampleset on it. now you have a more clear focus on the drums rather than something like "I'm going to follow the cymbal, nevermind, I'll follow the drums, nevermind, I"ll follow the cymbal" there. For Normal, I find not putting stuff on red tick not a good reason at all, you used 1/2 rhythms throughout the map and I would like to put emphasis that with my rhythm suggestion, the first note after the spinner is a slider.

As you can see by my reply, I honestly find these rhythms something that need to be change and hope you reconsider

00:09:084 (3) - (Hard) The reason I suggest this is because of flow. Right now with the repeating slider, the flow is < (because of repeat) then > to the stream which feel odd. I want something like > > instead thus, I'll give an alternate suggesiton, rotate 90 degree clock wise and put in same spot.
00:39:269 (3) - (Hard) Listening to this a bit, I'm fine if you want to keep drum sound on (4), but on (3), I definitely hear a snare drum which sound much more like normal-hitnormal. The drum-hitwhistle is more a hi-hat sound.
00:44:825 - (All diffs) Sure about this? This doesn't fit with hitsounding in Hard at all and I find 55% volume finish a better idea overall. While a bit softer than at 00:34:454 , the sound in music here is typical for the sound of cymbal so this is also why I suggest to do finish.(Yes I notice you didn't do clap on this place in Hard).
00:55:010 (3) - (Hard) You can always do lower volume.
00:54:084 (4,3,4) - (Normal) I suggest such a rhythm as that is what's best for gameplay. The main issue here is I find this part undermapped. I can't really think of anything else to do here except for this http://puu.sh/1LIcW, but all in all, I think there's a better rhythm for this than what you have right now. Another idea is following vocal so for example, change 00:54:825 (1,2) - to a slider for the same reason I mention as what I gave for 00:46:677 (2,3,4) - in Easy. 00:56:306 (4) - add repeat and put at 00:56:121. Both rhythms I feel are better than the current one.
00:58:528 (2,3) - (Easy) Hmm weird, I'm pretty sure all I did was just move the note a bit so they don't overlap with (1). I didn't change the slider shape of (3) at all. It seems you change the placement here so it's fine.
01:00:936 (3) -(Hard) Then you change your pattern to fit the music, it's pretty clear that this note need a finish.
01:08:158 (4) - (Easy) Nevertheless, those three hit circles follow the cymbals so my stance that you should have something on 01:08:343 still stand. However, I thought of a solution which is reduce slight length by 1/2 and put it on 01:08:343 http://puu.sh/1LHQx. Since you say you follow the drums to make the next notes easier to hit, that's why I kept the same ending spot for the slider. Also the most important is that you follow the cymbal and that the rhythm here becomes a consistent 2/1 rhythm which is nicer to play then a sudden 3/2 change to following drum.
01:08:158 (2,3,4) - (Normal) Maybe I miss it, but what's the reason for not doing this. The cymbal sound on 01:08:343 will mess most people timing up so I just suggest two short slider to follow it while keeping a 1/1 rhythm. Or just simply change it to a repeating slider so that there is no way anyone will get confuse here.
01:17:602 (1) - (Normal) Do 55% at begin and 45% at end like Hard then. What I want is just +10% volume here really.

Actually, I never reply to a mod reply before so hopefully, this format is good enough to read. Also hope I didn't miss anything. Replying since I'm a bit surprise some stuff weren't changed (and partly because I already starred). Maybe a few stuff I wasn't clear, but I do not want my mod to be like an essay.

Well, I won't force my opinion, so if you honestly don't agree, then you can leave it as is.
Topic Starter
YTYuyu
ahh now it makes sense. when you said a "custom" whistle, it finally got to me, so i found a whistle that fits the song. i also applied the suggestions that stood out to you and fixed them. ty for the reply. usually modders don't even reply to mods because they either don't care, or they don't want the mapper to be mad and lead into a fight IMO. try to do this in the future since you did say it's the 1st time you did this. it's a risk, but it's worth doing so that the mapper understands what you're really doing.

i didn't change much not because of the star, but because of the suggestions itself. when i see a star, it tells me that the person likes my creation and wants to see more of my maps. when i see a mod, that tells me that the modder wants something to be changed. i try my best to provide a reason and if they're not satisfied, then i have to apply it if i can't think of a better reason because the modder is either not satisfied or surprised like you said. i'm not doing this for myself, but i'm doing this for the modder and to everyone else who plays other peoples' maps :).
TheVileOne
Anything related to hitsounding is entirely my opinion. It's perfectly rankable in it's current state.

General
Not much to say.

Easy
Really nice difficulty. Every bit what I expected of a TV Sized song.

00:03:714 (4,1) - Is changing the spacing here really necessary? I suggest clearing up this small spacing flaw.
00:20:380 (3,4,1,2) - Clean this spacing up. I can clearly notice this while playing. Everything that shows as 1.09 should be 1.10 or 1.11 for the spacing transition gaps to look uniform.
00:51:491 (1,2,3) - Look kind of weird going from 1.11 into 1.09 section. I suggest 1.09 for the whole combo. It looks better. Screenshot for those who think naziing doesn't matter

Normal

00:00:751 (1) - I don't really like starting on a vocal that isn't the first vocal, and a vocal that starts before the beat starts. You didn't start the easy here. I tend to get varying degrees of mistimed hits off this note. I can hit it more accurately when you also have a note here 00:00:565 -. 9 ms mistimed compared to 15ms+.
00:24:825 (1,2,3) - The asymmetry ._. It doesn't fit that well. Maybe there's a different way you map this part that would be better.
00:32:788 (3,1) - Use a less acute angle? It's quite sharp and doesn't really line up well with the note curve. The note curve itself looks like it could use some small tweaking as well.
00:37:232 (2) - End of this sounds loud. I suggest drum sampleset.
00:43:343 (2,3,4,1) - This could be better. Try moving the notes like this http://puu.sh/1M8qQ
01:01:677 (4) - Finish instead of whistle on end?
01:02:788 (5) - ^

Hard

00:00:565 (1) - Whistle on repeat. It's so quiet.
00:01:677 (3) - I'm not sure I like the curve of this. It's not the style of the curve, but its depth that seems off. Like if it were a more shallow curve, it would look better. I rather like this better http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/564138 Less sharp, more like the sliders further into the map.
00:02:232 - You didn't have a hitsound on this in normal either. It's weird that i'm playing notes without hitsounds when there is a distinct beat. If anything use drum, or normal sampleset change.
00:03:714 (3) - ^ (basically there should be a hitsound or sampleset change every 4th white tick here)
00:04:825 (2) - Start with a whistle?
00:27:602 (4,5,1) - In it's current position this stack looks too close to that slider. It would look better if you shifted it away to avoid this. you would need to realign the notes after, but the alignment can be fixed shortly after. x 260 y 332 is a good place IMO. What do you think?
00:43:343 (2,3,1) - No wonder this transition felt weird when i sightread it. That jump. I guess it's fine, it just tripped me up, because I wasn't expecting it.

Conclusion

Not far from being bubbled. If I were MAT, I would bubble it...
Loctav
[General]

Are the Kiai fountains really neccessary? Can't you simply apply a normal Kiai time? Also the kiai fountains are not on downbeats (the end one) and has no use to me. I'd suggest removing them or putting a real kiai time instead. And remove the fountain after the final spinners. They are not even noticeable.

Inconsistent video offset. While Hard uses -100, all other diffs use 0. Please keep it consistent. This is unrankable

[Easy]

00:24:825 (1,2) - increase spacing to 1,12x
00:26:306 (2,1) - ^

[Normal]

AR6? Especially at some syncopic patterns, it's easier readable with faster approaching circles. Just a suggestion.

00:01:121 (2,3) - enlarge spacing to 1,10x
00:10:751 (1) - forgot NC here? Doesnt belong to spinner combo
00:48:158 (1,2) - this spacing is absolutely unexpected. Please raise the spacing between both to 1,10x
00:54:084 (5) - ^
00:54:825 (1) - off-mapped. It doesnt follow anything. Try this: http://puu.sh/1M9kR
01:17:602 (1,2) - a bit nazi, but having it at 1,13x DS looks weird to me. Reduce to 1,10x :C
01:17:973 (2,3,4) - generally a bit inconsistent spacing. makes it look awkward for me

[Hard]
LD-1? Seems very harsh to me. Just a suggestion.

00:12:602 (4,5) - I see no reason for this increased spacing? Why is it there? :C

Call me back when mine and TheVileOne's mod is applied.
Topic Starter
YTYuyu

TheVileOne wrote:

Anything related to hitsounding is entirely my opinion. It's perfectly rankable in it's current state.

General
Not much to say.

Easy
Really nice difficulty. Every bit what I expected of a TV Sized song.

00:03:714 (4,1) - Is changing the spacing here really necessary? I suggest clearing up this small spacing flaw. fixed. moved it up for a smoother feeling.
00:20:380 (3,4,1,2) - Clean this spacing up. I can clearly notice this while playing. Everything that shows as 1.09 should be 1.10 or 1.11 for the spacing transition gaps to look uniform. fixed...
00:51:491 (1,2,3) - Look kind of weird going from 1.11 into 1.09 section. I suggest 1.09 for the whole combo. It looks better. Screenshot for those who think naziing doesn't matter fixed.

Normal

00:00:751 (1) - I don't really like starting on a vocal that isn't the first vocal, and a vocal that starts before the beat starts. You didn't start the easy here. I tend to get varying degrees of mistimed hits off this note. I can hit it more accurately when you also have a note here 00:00:565 -. 9 ms mistimed compared to 15ms+. i have to use the repeat slider if that's the case.
00:24:825 (1,2,3) - The asymmetry ._. It doesn't fit that well. Maybe there's a different way you map this part that would be better. no this is the best one i can come up with, and tbh i like this transition since it's going from a straight to a curved slider while in a triangular formation during gameplay, so you can say it's my own preference.
00:32:788 (3,1) - Use a less acute angle? It's quite sharp and doesn't really line up well with the note curve. The note curve itself looks like it could use some small tweaking as well. fixed.
00:37:232 (2) - End of this sounds loud. I suggest drum sampleset. no that's because if you remove it, you can hear cymbals in this part. it wouldn't sound fitting with the drum set.
00:43:343 (2,3,4,1) - This could be better. Try moving the notes like this http://puu.sh/1M8qQ did something similar.
01:01:677 (4) - Finish instead of whistle on end? i wanna change up my pattern. switch from finishes to whistles. it'd sound too loud if i use finishes anyways.
01:02:788 (5) - ^ ^

Hard

00:00:565 (1) - Whistle on repeat. It's so quiet. no because i want this to act as an intro to the song.
00:01:677 (3) - I'm not sure I like the curve of this. It's not the style of the curve, but its depth that seems off. Like if it were a more shallow curve, it would look better. I rather like this better http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/564138 Less sharp, more like the sliders further into the map. i fixed the curve.
00:02:232 - You didn't have a hitsound on this in normal either. It's weird that i'm playing notes without hitsounds when there is a distinct beat. If anything use drum, or normal sampleset change. no because i wanna keep this quiet for an intro.
00:03:714 (3) - ^ (basically there should be a hitsound or sampleset change every 4th white tick here) ^
00:04:825 (2) - Start with a whistle? ^
00:27:602 (4,5,1) - In it's current position this stack looks too close to that slider. It would look better if you shifted it away to avoid this. you would need to realign the notes after, but the alignment can be fixed shortly after. x 260 y 332 is a good place IMO. What do you think? i think i did it right. fixed.
00:43:343 (2,3,1) - No wonder this transition felt weird when i sightread it. That jump. I guess it's fine, it just tripped me up, because I wasn't expecting it. ahh this...for this, i'm mapping for symmetry, and not for DS. i wouldn't be surprised if people missed this.

Conclusion

Not far from being bubbled. If I were MAT, I would bubble it...

Loctav wrote:

[General]

Are the Kiai fountains really neccessary? Can't you simply apply a normal Kiai time? Also the kiai fountains are not on downbeats (the end one) and has no use to me. I'd suggest removing them or putting a real kiai time instead. And remove the fountain after the final spinners. They are not even noticeable. ahh yea because i don't find kiai times exciting anymore. when i saw kiai fountains, i figured that i'd do it in my maps for a big "bang" in my maps. personally i find that exciting compared to kiai times.

Inconsistent video offset. While Hard uses -100, all other diffs use 0. Please keep it consistent. This is unrankable i swear idk how this happened...fixed ><.

[Easy]

00:24:825 (1,2) - increase spacing to 1,12x did 1.11 instead, and idk how that was a spacing error orz.
00:26:306 (2,1) - ^ ^

[Normal]

AR6? Especially at some syncopic patterns, it's easier readable with faster approaching circles. Just a suggestion. no because i wanna give off a calm feeling to the diff. AR6 makes the flow too forced to follow during gameplay.

00:01:121 (2,3) - enlarge spacing to 1,10x fixed.
00:10:751 (1) - forgot NC here? Doesnt belong to spinner combo oops fixed.
00:48:158 (1,2) - this spacing is absolutely unexpected. Please raise the spacing between both to 1,10x fixed. adjusted (2) as well for a blanket.
00:54:084 (5) - ^ how did this happen D:. fixed ;_;
00:54:825 (1) - off-mapped. It doesnt follow anything. Try this: http://puu.sh/1M9kR i think i did it correct. fixed.
01:17:602 (1,2) - a bit nazi, but having it at 1,13x DS looks weird to me. Reduce to 1,10x :C fixed.
01:17:973 (2,3,4) - generally a bit inconsistent spacing. makes it look awkward for me fixed it a bit.

[Hard]
LD-1? Seems very harsh to me. Just a suggestion. since this is the hardest diff, it wouldn't be that much of a challenge if i reduce the OD.

00:12:602 (4,5) - I see no reason for this increased spacing? Why is it there? :C 2 reasons, the instrumental's volume rises making the spacing increase and because this note is stacked on 00:10:565 (2) -, making the transition feel smoother during gameplay IMO.

Call me back when mine and TheVileOne's mod is applied.
ty for the mods :D.
Loctav
Well, even tho the MP3 quality is poor and we tried our best to find something better (which failed), I'll give this a try.
p3n
Hard is challenging even with OD7 and HR so I can't complain anymore...

Nice work and I don't want to drag this longer than necessary:
Aurele
o/ !
Pereira006
yay, congratz ! :)
Gamu
(o'д')ノ☆゚*。Congratu★lations。*゚☆ヽ('д'o)
tutuhaha
Congratulations*★,°*:.☆\( ̄▽ ̄)/$:*.°★* 。
terametis
congratz~~~~<333
B2IN
Seitokai no Ichizon !!!!!!!!!! gtraz ~~
Topic Starter
YTYuyu
omg yay~ \:D/

ty for the rank p3n and ty everyone for your support ;)
Laurier
grats!!
Triskelion91
grats on the rank~!
-Neipezi
grats \:D/
NewRulerNA
gratz~ :3
h-728
gratz
mancuso_JM_
Congratulations Byaku-Nyan! :3
S o r d a
fast! congratz~
Quilt
gratz :D/
Sure
Congrats :D
Much better than when I first saw this
BeatofIke
Congrats!
Konei
Congratz :3
alacat
congrats ~ byaku :)
Topic Starter
YTYuyu

ykcarrot wrote:

Congrats :D
Much better than when I first saw this
aww ty <3.

that means a lot coming from you, and ty everyone else for your support :D
Nyquill
Precious Treasure wwwwwwwwwww
Ryafuka
Congrats 249~ :D
Rare
gratz :D
merchat7
Grats, good to see you reconsidering some stuff (especially whistle hitsounds)

Also, I didn't mean you ignored my suggestions because I star. I just mean since I already star and you didn't change some stuff I consider important, I want you to reconsider a bit. This is normally why I wait till the mod is check before starring, but I was really confident that those stuff were going to be changed so I was a bit surprise that's all.

I don't write reply to reply of mod post much as it actually took me about 2 hrs to write that which equals modding one beatmap.
Mythol
gratz~
Chewin
good job byaku :3
djpleiades
easily my new fav map<3 ty byakugan~!
SiuMoon
THIS IS GOOD SONG 8-)
aafi
sorry to bump on old post

i has some thing on my mind:
i want to fix this map song