forum

[osu!mania] Auto-Disc (Special Key) Mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +13
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh
BMS/Beatmania songs are generally 8 key (or #K+1).

These games both have an option (mod in osu! terminology) called Auto-Disc, or something like that, were the final 8th key (aka disc) is automatically pressed for you without the user having to input the particular key.

What it boils down to would be that you're playing a 7 key style but on an 8 key map as the computer would do the final key's input for you. Basically a leisure mod and it would be nice if there was a auto-disc mod for iidx layout maps on osu!mania.
Rei Hakurei
hmm is auto-disc mod like cheat-toggle on o2jam that automatically "MAX"es the notes on it's lane?
if yes, i'm thinking something like that too, but in unranked mod in my case..
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh
I'm unfamiliry with o2jam tbh but it sounds like it. In the picture below, the lane highlighted by red would get automatically be '300ed' and played as if you hit it yourself (whatever keysound is on that note).

Unranked mod would be fine. As I said, just a leisure mod much like easy mode or auto-pilot if you will.
Mirage
i approve
Archangel Tirael
I support, but I want that this mod will be rankable, but all "disk" notes are not counted to score.
Sorry for my awesome English, I try write replies without Google Translate.
Rei Hakurei

Archangel Tirael wrote:

I support, but I want that this mod will be rankable, but all "disk" notes are not counted to score.
Sorry for my awesome English, I try write replies without Google Translate.
oh you mean for every notes that hit on lane that turned it's cheat-toggle/automate MAX won't get score right? i'm okay with that, no combo,judgement,break,miss,etc. are counted on that lane.
TheVileOne
What's the point of playing 7+1 key with auto playing one of the keys when you can play 7K and get more score, and it would be essentially the same thing?
jemhuntr

TheVileOne wrote:

What's the point of playing 7+1 key with auto playing one of the keys when you can play 7K and get more score, and it would be essentially the same thing?
dis
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh

TheVileOne wrote:

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

dis
I guess you aren't familiar with BMS/IIDX. Because you can't force it to play 7k. There are keynotes (.wav files that are apart of the song) on those notes.

Just try it here. Put the folder in your songs folder:

http://www.mediafire.com/?14at932cadxy4dk

Maybe then you'll understand :roll:
jemhuntr
oh now I get you. *I think* (even if I didn't download that ^_^) so you're using a converted map, right? and you can't use the key-changing mods on those converted maps. well, you're not supposed to convert that to osu!mania maps in the first place :p t/103045 < for O2Jam converted maps
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh
I'm not even converting O2Jam maps.. did you even read what I posted?
'
That's not the point regardless. If someone were to map a song with special key with keysounds Auto-Disc could be used there as well.
PROGUY
Support before charts like this exist in osu!mania:
jemhuntr

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

I'm not even converting O2Jam maps.. did you even read what I posted?
That's not the point regardless. If someone were to map a song with special key with keysounds Auto-Disc could be used there as well.
okay now I got more confused o.O
i didn't say you were converting O2Jam maps either. So... if a map have keysounds on the special key... that's supposed to be played automatically, right? But still.... what's the point of playing 8k if you're not gonna press the special key...?
DJKero
As unranked and unavailable for multiplayer, maybe.
Inori

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

i didn't say you were converting O2Jam maps either. So... if a map have keysounds on the special key... that's supposed to be played automatically, right? But still.... what's the point of playing 8k if you're not gonna press the special key...?
It could help you learn the notes first before using the special key
jemhuntr

Inori wrote:

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

It could help you learn the notes first before using the special key
okay that pretty much tells me the importance of this request xD