forum

Hitsound pitch

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
crabovan
Now, when we have more and more different songs, we need for HS pitch. Because this monotony of hitsounds sometimes too boring. So, peppy and co can add that pitch.
How it works: we choose one or several hitsounds, and change pitch with special panel (look at screenshot, drop-down panel over HS panel)
How accomplish this: add additional line in .osu file and code-code-code.
Aqo
you can just use custom wav files for hitsounds
Topic Starter
crabovan

Aqo wrote:

It doesn't always solve problem. :c
theowest
on a less related note, why are you not using the glorious 3-point sliders?
blissfulyoshi

crabovan wrote:

Aqo wrote:

It doesn't always solve problem. :c
How doesn't it solve the problem. You now have enough custom hitsounds to basically support as many sounds as you want.
Also, I have to agree with Theo that the picture looks terrible with that slider.
Drafura
I allways wanted to experiment some things related with pitched hitsounds.

I know this isn't a traditional way to map but if you want to use a piano on hitsounds wich plays the melody of the song. Let's say you're using C-4 to B-5 you actually have to make 24 different hitsounds.

To make it easier, having a pitcher integrated in osu! would be really great, and this can save space (Kb).

But I see the menu (-2 -1 +1 +2) more "melody friendly". Something like : -12 -1 +1 +12 and each time you select one of these options it adds one note up or down, or one octave up or down. This way you just have to be sure that your base sample is a C-4 and you can access all other notes with only one sample.

Here is some help to implement this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_key_frequencies

Well I support this but since it's seems to be a bit tricky to implement for the gain I see it as really low priority.
Hanyuu
Hm well im curious how a map with that would sound like :)
lolcubes
No support. You can change the pitch of the hitsounds using audacity or similar applications and have pretty much as many hitsounds as you want, as blissfulyoshi already stated.
There are many ways to map different pitches, spacing is one of them, so consider that as well.
Marcin
But why do we need to use external program, when it can be added with ease into a game ?
Quick example:
Why there is colour function in Storyboard, when you can just use photoshop / paint.net / gimp to change colour and add as new image?
Saten

Marcin wrote:

But why do we need to use external program, when it can be added with ease into a game ?
Quick example:
Why there is colour function in Storyboard, when you can just use photoshop / paint.net / gimp to change colour and add as new image?
Because you can fade into many different colors without making copies of big-ass-files :P

Also, the color function existed since stoneage
t/1869

I dont think you should alter any hitsounds via osu! It's best to work with them raw.
lolcubes

Marcin wrote:

Quick example:
Well you can as well add some mp3 editing tools in the game as well, like fade-in, fade-out, cut, crop, etc. Those have already been denied afaik.
Marcin

Saten wrote:

Because you can fade into many different colors without making copies of big-ass-files :P
You just said, what I wanted you to say.
Now replace word "colors" into "pitches" and "fade" with "change" (i know it sounds stupid, but you get it right?)
Inb4 Adding this feature won't happen, why am I even trying....