forum

[Archived] download prompts everywhere in osu!wiki

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sakura
Explain the issue you are having:
After opening the osu!wiki and the main page loads, any link i click will turn into a rar download of a file with the same name as the link i wanted to click, this extends to other web pages i have opened at the time, closing the wiki wont make it go away, not sure how to make it go away, sometimes i press ctrl+shift+enter and it goes away, sometimes it doesn't work.

This weird glitch occurs about 95% of the time i enter the osu!wiki, and it only happens on the osu!wiki, i haven't had the issue on any other wiki, even after managing to get out of the glitch it may reappear sometime at random while im still clicking links on the wiki.

This happens both in my work and home computers who have different OSs, both using chrome tho.

Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so:

Considering it doesn't happen 100% of the time, and im not even sure what's causing it i'm not sure whether it's reproducible, and if it wasn't only me i bet more people would be posting here but just in case.
1. Open the Wiki link at the top (or any osu!wiki link for that matter)
2. Click on any link and a rar file download prompt will appear.

Include any relevant video or screenshots, and hardware information for hard crashes or lag issues:
An example of the download prompt when i decided to click on the Ranking Criteria
Lidan
Happens for me too. I'm also using Chrome. The page strangely keeps on loading even though it looks like it has already loaded everything. If I cancel the loading it works for some reason.
Topic Starter
Sakura
On my case it doesnt keep loading tho, guess it's a different case.
XPJ38
No problem with IE9 and last version of Firefox. I don't have any other browsers to test sadly.
MillhioreF
This used to happen to me all the time, but now it's quite rare. When the bug triggers, trying to go to a new page will download a *pagename*.gz file instead of taking you to the next page.Cancelling the file may or may not fix the bug.
Topic Starter
Sakura
Tried that, but that didnt help at all >_<
jemhuntr
never happened in my case. I'm using Opera.