forum

Light Novels recommendation?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Asphiee
If it's already an anime adaptation, kindly specify what volume should i start reading. If not, add your personal review (would be good if it's detailed) and what the LN is all about.
TytusBomba
I personally love Spice&Wolf. It has an anime adaptation (2 seasons) and an 16-volume manga adaptation. Sorry but I don't know on which volume does the anime end, becouse I got into the sesies throuht the manga (I read the first 6 manga volumes and then started reading the third volume of the light novel).
The story is about a travelling merchant who one day meets a wolf godess. Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural
Sorry for bad english
Topic Starter
Asphiee

TytusBomba wrote:

I personally love Spice&Wolf. It has an anime adaptation (2 seasons) and an 16-volume manga adaptation. Sorry but I don't know on which volume does the anime end, becouse I got into the sesies throuht the manga (I read the first 6 manga volumes and then started reading the third volume of the light novel).
The story is about a travelling merchant who one day meets a wolf godess. Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural
Sorry for bad english
already watched the anime
TheKingHenry

Asphyre wrote:

If it's already an anime adaptation, kindly specify what volume should i start reading
Understand your sentiment, but can't really agree with it

everything else aside, anime adaptations will practically never cover all of the LN material, not even all material up until the point they get in in the series, or at times they might straight up have a bit different stuff in there too

in short, I'd never recommend skipping to the part where adaptation ends

anyways Spice & Wolf LN is nice (have read all of it - or the first 18 volumes anyways, haven't touched the "sequel" yet that's supposedly publishing), can get behind that recommendation

to follow your request though, even if I don't agree with it, the anime covers volumes 1, 2, 3 and 5 (as well as couple short stories from volume 7 if I recall correctly), so for new material volume 4 is probably your best bet I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Topic Starter
Asphiee
hmmm thx for the info
serxne
Spice And Wolf carries its narrative significantly further than the end of the anime and it does it well. It has progressed to another series now called, "Wolf And Parchment," which is equally as great. I would recommend following through with the series with the LN format if you found the anime even a bit interesting.
ProfessorCarrot
Monogatari series is a good one. Has a very unique writing style and makes good use abstract ideas (Represented by fan service, of course).
vishal Ajisai