forum

16:9 Mapping or at least the possibility of 16:9 Background [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
show more
those
16:9 backgrounds will have letterboxes at the top and bottom, enough to fit the image to 4:3.
Topic Starter
Shadowyuri

those wrote:

16:9 backgrounds will have letterboxes at the top and bottom, enough to fit the image to 4:3.

Shadowyuri wrote:

You know, without black boarders on all sides
theowest
You wouldn't get more mapping space.
Hero Of Time
I don´t think widescreen mapping is fair but widescreen barkgrounds are needed.
peppy
I've been meaning to add widescreen options for background display for a while. Let's see how things go.
PROGUY
I wouldn't mind widescreen BGs and maps, but the question now is if majority of the community uses widescreen to play "widescreen maps".
Kuro

PROGUY wrote:

I wouldn't mind widescreen BGs and maps, but the question now is if majority of the community uses widescreen to play "widescreen maps".
I do and I don't know many other taiko players that play windowed still :|
Saten
Have you ever played osu!droid?
Everything is stretched to fit the screen (16:9 in my case) including the hit-objects.

Not sure if I want that.
lolcubes
16:9 background, I can live with that, 16:9 mapping (and placing objects, meaning playing), big no from me.
MillhioreF
Marking this assigned, since peppy seems to have started work on it according to the changelog.
deadbeat
just posting the changelog status. don't mind me

[peppy] Add beginnings of widescreen background/video support.
Winshley
What happens if people are playing a map with widescreen background under normal resolution? Will it create black borders on top and bottom or the image will appear cut on left and right sides?
Rei Hakurei

Winshley wrote:

What happens if people are playing a map with widescreen background under normal resolution? Will it create black borders on top and bottom or the image will appear cut on left and right sides?
Saten
added? owo

deadbeat
i love how a nice update arrived just after i left for work ._.
so for now, i'll leave this for someone else to decide since i can't confirmed myself :(
Saten

deadbeat
looks good to me, is it the same in the editor btw?
Suimya
no in the editor looks a bit bad xD

just look, is it suppose to be like this? ....

deadbeat
at a guess i'd say that should be correct since its best to map to a 4:3 resolution since not everyone uses 16:9. but again, can't confirm much at this point in time since i haven't had a chance to update :(
Drafura
Looks very ugly to me, I'm using 1920*1080 resolution on fullscreen and 1024*768 BGs looks very very very pixelized. Ranking cirteria are certainly going to be modified soon to fit with this update but for old BGs this is really a bad thing imo.
Bittersweet
i dont think the mappeable playfield would change? So all that can be done is an adjustment of the options/menus