forum

[resolved] [web] Mode-specific maps always shown in "Ranked (Unplayed)"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
qlum
Basically when you want a map to be marked as played and so be removed from the ranked unplayed list on the song brower you will need to complete one difficulty however, taiko difficulties are not counted, while this may normally not be a real issue once you have taiko only mapsets there is really no way to get rid of them.
As a completionist this may cause issues with a whole list filled with these mapsets.
In addition to that its just something that should not happen.

-TheVileOne

Adding a few extra details

-Gamemode specific mapsets show up in the Ranked Unplayed listing for osu! standard mode even though it is impossible to have them marked as played in that category.
-Switching to a different gamemode with Ranked Unplayed selected is buggy. It will change instantly back to osu!, but will display the results for the gamemode as usual. this makes it impossible to go back to osu filter directly from a game specific filter.
- Similar issue happens for Ranked Played
TheVileOne
I will need a taiko only mapset to test this.

I don't understand your issue. Taiko only maps appear on the list.

Ranked Unplayed

For further reference you don't need to complete one difficulty to remove a set from unplayed. You can just mark one song with Remove from unplayed list and it will change the whole beatmap set as played. There is currently no way to mark a played beatmap set as unplayed. Actually there is, enter testbuild and it will corrupt this result and display everything as unplayed. It would be temporary though.
theowest
I guess it would be useful if you somehow could filter these out. t/80237/
Topic Starter
qlum
I am not talking about ingame, I am talking about the site:

And even after a ranked score the maps will not be removed from the listing. Otherwise my talk of mapsets wouldn't make sense as ingame looks at individual maps, which btw is kind of stupid.
TheVileOne
Edit: now that I've understood your issue more clearly.

This issue may be intentional. It would only be logical that playing the taiko only would only count towards the "Show taiko ranked unplayed", not the osu! Ranked unplayed. The only possibility that I could confirm is if Taiko specific maps show up as unplayed in other gamemodes. Otherwise this issue is invalid.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?f81v1ar1wu1ep1d

I have detected enough buggy behavior to confirm this.
peppy
I think the correct behaviour here may be to hide non-osu!-mode maps from the default beatmap listing, and only have them displayed when selecting the appropriate mode. As this query is already a bit high on server load, I'd rather not add the checks for each game mode to the default osu!-mode listing if possible. It really seems like an outlier case.
Tom94
These filters do not exist anymore and when re-implemented hopefully will not exhibit the same behaviour.