forum

[Archived] osu!catch ignores keyboard inputs sometimes and or holds/freezes on them

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TTGL
Problem details: randomly the game will decide not to input left/right/dash or instead hold them, only happens on osu!catch and doesn't matter what key I change it to it still happens

Video or screenshot showing the problem: I do have replays in which it happens in it but I'll need to look for them so I can upload them.

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20200610.1
Death
What keyboard are you using?

If this only started occurring recently, have you tried restarting your computer? Did you install any new software that could potentially be affecting your input or any Windows or driver updates?
Topic Starter
TTGL
It's a Ducky One TKL RGB and it's been happening for around 2 years. I can't remember if I had the problem with my old keyboard or not.
Death
If you have another keyboard that you can use, please try testing with it. If you don't have a different keyboard, try plugging your current keyboard into a different USB port.

I can only imagine this is an issue with the input device you are using, or perhaps with some other application you have open in the background while playing the game. Inputs not registering is something that can happen occasionally, it's not unheard of with mechanical keyboards, but what's most concerning is the fact that you said they are also sometimes being held down for you. That is something I don't believe osu! can do, nor have I seen anyone report any similar issues.
Topic Starter
TTGL
yeah the weird thing is it only happens on osu!catch, all the other modes are fine as well as other games. I'll try a different USB port and report back if anything has changed thanks.
Death
Maybe you have sticky keys enabled or something? If you use shift for dash, that is one of the keys that sticky keys will hold down for you when enabled. You probably would have noticed something like that, but it won't hurt to check as well I guess.
Topic Starter
TTGL
Nah I have sticky keys disabled completely, I tried switching USB port and it didn't work as well as switching keys to a lower row and that also didn't work.

Well I have a good excuse to get a new mech keyboard now lol, so I'll report back when I test that one.
-TANAKITO-
I have a same problem like him. It's only happen when play ctb
I tried switching USB port, change three keyboard (Neolution Gaming Keyboard/ RK ROYAL KLUDGE/ Ducky One), and two computer device (Dell, Asus TUF) that also didn't work too.