forum

[web] [minor] Set minimum length for beatmap description. [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael
To be honest, I was very, very frustrating too short or even the lack of a description of the map that they have created. I'd like to be a limit on the minimum map's description length. I think that 250 characters is enough. There is also a slightly different idea: to make it mandatory for the beatmap ranking.
Mithos
I think it should be a guideline that says something like "Use the description to describe the map" sort of deal. Hunting for details such as seasons for anime openings/music, epilepsy warnings, language/bg warnings, and general song information for those who never heard it before would be nice. It doesn't even have to be 250 words, just enough to get the point across. An example:

The insane has a bunch of jumps/star patterns
The taiko diff sounds best when you turn sound effects up to maximum.
The video has a few spoilers if you haven't watched season 4 of (insert anime here)
Thanks for playing! Try my other maps! <3

I doubt that is 250 words yet it explains a lot more than this.
Soaprman
hey guys check out this cool map i made

250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars 250chars
Sakura
who remembers:

"Your message is too short, please don't post things like "star" bla bla bla" that people just copy/pasted into their post.
deadbeat
please don't take offence, but this just sounds stupid. map descriptions shouldn't need a minimum number of characters.
some people only add who mapped what difficulty. plus as Sakura mention, we all ready had something like this for posting and people hated it. i can't see this going anyway. denying this since there is no reason for this.