forum

Skins showing default.. (help)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wasian_
so i finished creating my own skin yesterday. i put it into the skin folder and booted up osu, however, it showed the contents of the default skin instead of my own. this problem also happened during the testing phase, but i thought if i just skinned everything else, it'd end up showing the elements. Of course, this problem wasn't fixed :(

there's not much about this subject on the forums. The only ones i can find are about skin folders with only HD elements and .osk file help...

i have both SD and HD elements in it, and i use macOS.

if anyone can help me out with this, I'd really appreciate it! My friends have been waiting for this skin to be up for a few weeks now. I really don't want to disappoint them.
unfortunately, i cant export it as a .osk.. it says "you cant export the default skin"

:D
Draycon
I'm not sure about macOS (cuz don't use it) but things that goes in my mind:
1. Files(elements) should be in "osu!/skins/Your skin name folder".
2. Wrong names of elements (you can see them here.
3. You use HD elements but name is wrong (like it should be "selection-mode@2x" but it's without @2x)

If you want to make osk file - just archive it in zip but name it as osk like: Skin_name.osk (instead of Skin_name.zip)

It would be easier with screenshots and/or skin itself.

Also you can check out discord in my signature and ask people there - I think they can help you.