forum

Calling all musicians!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mogsy
Mogsy needs a great load of help, musicians of osu!. ):

You see, if you did not know by now, I am a composer.

"But Mogsy, if you compose, where can we find your music?"

On the site that is being made currently and will be up and running by the summer SHUT UP THIS IS DERAILING WHAT I WANT TO TALK ABOUT. What I do want to talk about, though, is indeed dealing with my music.

The thing is, I'm a composer who just can't seem to get anybody decent to record his music. Either I end up with a crappy MIDI recording or a half-assed performance that I trash in favour of the MIDI file. I'm getting sick of hearing the same damn unexpressive crap that doesn't truly capture what I want out of something I write.

The point I'm trying to get at here is...I want to recruit you, members of osu!, for when I need people to record my music.

"How are you going to get us to do that, Mogsy?"

I'm glad you asked, random-voice-in-my-head-that-I'm-not-going-to-name. How I'm going to go about this boils down to a few simple steps:
  1. Post your main instrument, your level of expertise on said instrument, other instruments you are capable of playing, and your level of expertise on said instruments.

2. Include standard internet contact information in the post (e-mail, IM service).

3. Send me a recording of your playing for proof.

4. In a private message/e-mail/IM/whatever, send me some more personal contact information (Real first/last name, phone number, address, etc.)

I will keep in touch with you and notify those who apply when I need something recorded. The thing is, though, there are certain things I must clear up...

1. I will not abuse your personal information. I'm taking this very professionally. If I were to abuse your information, that would be absolutely unacceptable.

2. I have my online contact information on my osu! profile, and if you wish to acquire my normal contact information, inquire with me.

3. ALL PEOPLE WISHING TO RECORD MUST HAVE A MEANS OF RECORDING ALREADY.

4. If you desire pay for your work, talk to me when the time comes, and we'll try to work something out. Sad to say, though, but there is a very good chance that you would just be recording for free, since I would have to pay you out of my own pocket, and in American dollars. You will get credit for recording the part, however.

5. In case you're wondering, yes, this is recording each part seperately. However, I am well versed in audio editing software, and can edit the track so it sounds exactly like how I want it to sound.

6. If there are any questions, feel free to contact me.
So, please, osu!, I beg of you, please help. This first post will be updated with projects needing assistance as soon as I have clients.
RemmyX25
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Cyclone
Flute

Played from middle to high school, and plan on playing again in the near future.

My contact info is (now) in the mod lounge. (I had a bunch of annoying people contact me when I made that info public)

Unfortunately, i don't have a decent instrument AT THE MOMENT to record anything (nor do i have any music for that matter) That should change very soon though.

If you do end up needed me to record anything, i'll give you my personal information then.
Topic Starter
Mogsy

RemmyX25 wrote:

I'll get some of my choir stuff together and send it your way if you want.
That would be much appreciated, thank you.

Cyclone wrote:

Unfortunately, i don't have a decent instrument AT THE MOMENT to record anything (nor do i have any music for that matter) That should change very soon though.

If you do end up needed me to record anything, i'll give you my personal information then.
That's fine, just send some stuff my way when you can.
Detective Tuesday
Alto Sax, been playing for about 6 years... I can't say I pracitce all the time, but I took private lessons regularly for about 5 years. I mostly play jazz, and lately I've been practicing by playing over songs in iTunes at least 5 times a month.

I believe my internet contact information is in my profile. If not, I'll update it shortly.
:EDIT: :EDIT: nevermind first edit...

The stuff I currently have up is a couple of months old, but t'will have to serve for my purpose here.
Say You Will (cover of Kanye West) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unYqTr3g ... annel_page
Godot - The Fragrance of Dark Coffee : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqUi0EB0 ... annel_page

I'll PM you in a couple.

Also, I [RAP. HOT FIRE ONLY. Doubt you need a rapper, but I'm available =P. Unfortunately I don't have any tracks up at the moment.
I also sing T-Pain style. I know you're thinking "Well, everyone can do that", but ey, not everyone does it right =P.

Solely to add to my musical background, I'll state I used to play Violin/Piano, however that was a very long time ago and I haven't retained much.
Echo
Piano, since I was 6. Anyway, got my Performer's Cert a few years back.

Recording is a bit tricky for me though, since I've only got a headset, and my piano is on the other side of the room.

I believe there is a "what instrument do you play" thread somewhere too
Topic Starter
Mogsy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
chan
I play guitar, mostly steel string acoustic though I have a semi-acoustic and an electric (but I have to get it from my sister). I'm self taught but I can pick up most things quickly, with the exception of guitar solos.

I was wondering if you could recommend some relatively inexpensive recording equipment for starting off? My laptop mic and my headset both produce sub-mediocre results.
Echo
If I record myself singing (not that I'm offering to :P) with my headset, the sound is pretty low quality but I find that a quick bass-boost helps a lot.