forum

Where to post in progress beatmaps for peer review?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Meta-xx
Sorry if this seems like an obvious question, I've been playing Osu! for a while now and I keep on waiting for maps to be made of certain songs that I like to no avail, so I've decided to give mapping a try myself. I'm not that creative so I'm sure anything I create won't amount to much, but I'm interested in trying it out nonetheless. =)

That being said, I started work on a beatmap for Colorblind by Panda Eyes and I have a (very) rudimentary first attempt that only spans around 30 seconds or so, and I'm looking to get peoples first impressions? You know how it is when you create something yourself, you can't help but like it so you become blind to anything wrong. Ha ha. I'm sure there's plenty wrong with what I've done thus far, so I'm looking for people who'll be willing to take some time to point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for any advice guys! =)
Zelzatter Zero
There are two ways to do that:

First is Modding Queues which you can post maps for people to mod for you. Remember to read their rules tho as most people only mod completed sets.

But if you think your work is not enough for that, then let me introduce the second way: direct messaging to mappers you know, either from #modhelp or PM. This way you'll interact with more people, and there's a higher chance that you'll get feedback to your maps as you want.

Hope this helps!
Topic Starter
Meta-xx
Apologies for my late reply!

Thanks for the info! That's exactly what I was looking for. =)

I don't think I'd want to ask people to mod for me, they're probably already inundated with requests so I don't think it would be fair. Ha ha.

Your #modhelp suggestion is definitely appreciated though! I'll probably seek advice through this avenue in the coming weeks once I've gotten used to the editor. =D

Thanks again!