forum

A Super Mario Thread.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Moriya Suwako
Since I haven't found general thread about Super Mario, then I think it would be okay to post one. :)
Yes, I think lots of us have been playing Super Mario series since we were very young, and never get bored. From Donkey Kong to Paper Mario Sticker Star. Also there're many kinds of Super Mario games, like ACT,RPG, sport games or even party games.
For me, I love Paper Mario series, Mario Party series and Mario and Luigi RPG series best.
Now I'm currently struggling on the Paper Mario Sticker Star, it's a hard game! :? Also I've got New Super Mario Bros. 2's new DLC.
But the sad thing is that I have no Wii, then I've never played Super Mario Galaxy series and other Mario games released on Wii. :x One of my friends said that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is one of the best video games released by Nintendo.
Nitori
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is innovative, it has a great soundtrack, and its clean visuals are on par with past Mario games. But I wouldn't say it's one of Nintendo's best games at all. It's ridiculously easy, so much to the point where it gets repetitive even though there are new galaxies. I would much prefer a more challenging game, like Sunshine or the original Mario platformers.
Topic Starter
Moriya Suwako

Nitori wrote:

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is innovative, it has a great soundtrack, and its clean visuals are on par with past Mario games. But I wouldn't say it's one of Nintendo's best games at all. It's ridiculously easy, so much to the point where it gets repetitive even though there are new galaxies. I would much prefer a more challenging game, like Sunshine or the original Mario platformers.
Yes the music is fantastic, especially those which are played by symphony orchestra.
I think these kinds of Mario games are easy to play but not easy to complete perfectly.
Stefan
I perfer the old ones, especially the SMB Series.
Topic Starter
Moriya Suwako

Stefan wrote:

I perfer the old ones, especially the SMB Series.
Yes, there're many secrets in SMB1.
theowest
I think new super mario brother is shit because it's the same stuff all over again. we currently have one for the ds, one for the 3ds, one for wii and now one for wii u. Everything's the same.
galaxy and sunshine as the newer mario games were better, because they tried new things.
Azure_Kite
But I want a perfect recreation of Super Marion Brosthers 3 for 3DS (SMB3DS?). That game was awesome. The overworld, the level design, the first appearance of the Raccoon Flower. I loved that game.
Topic Starter
Moriya Suwako

theowest wrote:

I think new super mario brother is shit because it's the same stuff all over again. we currently have one for the ds, one for the dsi, one for wii and now one for wii u. Everything's the same.
And also one for 3DS.There's nothing but old elements in NSMB2.
Topic Starter
Moriya Suwako

Azure_Kite wrote:

But I want a perfect recreation of Super Marion Brosthers 3 for 3DS (SMB3DS?). That game was awesome. The overworld, the level design, the first appearance of the Raccoon Flower. I loved that game.
Well I know the hack named SMB3DS, it was too hard for me...But this hack is one of the most creative hacks I've ever played.
theowest

yellowyoshi1996 wrote:

theowest wrote:

I think new super mario brother is shit because it's the same stuff all over again. we currently have one for the ds, one for the dsi, one for wii and now one for wii u. Everything's the same.
And also one for 3DS.There's nothing but old elements in NSMB2.
oh shit. I meant the 3ds. the dsi is basically the ds right?
Elisha_old
There aren't enough super Mario 64 beatmaps-_-
bomber34
I thought first the thread mean ASMT = A Super Mario Thing xD
I like all marios ... except SMB3 ... it gets so frustrating
Stefan

bomber34 wrote:

I like all marios ... except SMB3 ... it gets so frustrating
Really? It's personally the easiest of the SMB Series. :O

theowest wrote:

oh shit. I meant the 3ds. the dsi is basically the ds right?
yeah, there is one for the DS, one for the Wii and now the latest for the WiiU.

About your Post: NSMB and NSMBWii are okay, at least, one is for a Handheld and the another one for a Console. And also, the Differences between NSMB to NSMBWii is bigger as NSMBWii to NSMBU.
theowest
Soaprman
I like new things as much as the next guy, but there's something to be said for taking an old idea and doing a solid job with it. I like the NSMB (an acronym I will forever read as "nigga stole my bike", I might add) series for this reason. Yeah, the coin thing in NSMB2 is dumb. The million coin reward is literally shit ass. But if you ignore that it's a perfectly fine regular Mario game. And it's something I'll always enjoy. NSMBU has some of the best level designs a 2D Mario has ever seen (it feels like it has a bit of DKC influence). If you like 2D Marios for what they are and don't go in with the expectation that they'll do anything new, I have a hard time believing you won't enjoy it.

Do get rid of the "New" in the series name sometime, though, Nintendo. It's 2D Mario. The games are new but the gameplay is anything but.

Not knocking the 3D Marios, though. Those are the ones that blow me away, and the ones I really look forward to. The 2D ones are just comfort food to munch in the meantime. :P
theowest
it'd be cool to see a Trine inspired level design for a Mario platformer. Kind of like paper mario, but not paper.

edit: Donkey Kong Country
Topic Starter
Moriya Suwako

Soaprman wrote:

I like new things as much as the next guy, but there's something to be said for taking an old idea and doing a solid job with it. I like the NSMB (an acronym I will forever read as "nigga stole my bike", I might add) series for this reason. Yeah, the coin thing in NSMB2 is dumb. The million coin reward is literally shit ass. But if you ignore that it's a perfectly fine regular Mario game. And it's something I'll always enjoy. NSMBU has some of the best level designs a 2D Mario has ever seen (it feels like it has a bit of DKC influence). If you like 2D Marios for what they are and don't go in with the expectation that they'll do anything new, I have a hard time believing you won't enjoy it.

Do get rid of the "New" in the series name sometime, though, Nintendo. It's 2D Mario. The games are new but the gameplay is anything but.

Not knocking the 3D Marios, though. Those are the ones that blow me away, and the ones I really look forward to. The 2D ones are just comfort food to munch in the meantime. :P
Well...personally I think NSMB2 is less interesting than NSMBWii due to the multiplayer mode.=.=
But yes, the one who really enjoys classical Mario ACT games will usually finds NSMB series interesting, too. :D
Elisha_old
I love paper mario as much as anyother rpg fan, but super mario rpg was the most memorable Mario-RPG. I also enjoyed the Mario & Luigi series, but SMRPG was awesome. New characters and all.
Elisha_old

yellowyoshi1996 wrote:

Well...personally I think NSMB2 is less interesting than NSMBWii due to the multiplayer mode.=.=
But yes, the one who really enjoys classical Mario ACT games will usually finds NSMB series interesting, too. :D

I totally agree. NSMB2 looks like a let down. I loved playing NSMBWii with friends.

I also enjoyed the Mario All-Star compilation
Topic Starter
Moriya Suwako

Elisha wrote:

I love paper mario as much as anyother rpg fan, but super mario rpg was the most memorable Mario-RPG. I also enjoyed the Mario & Luigi series, but SMRPG was awesome. New characters and all.
Well...I think both plots and music in SMRPG are fantastic.
For paper mario series, I prefer the thousand year's door. There're lots of new characters and creative plots in TTYD, too. :D
Stupid Yoshi
Well...I played Mario series since I was a student.
Topic Starter
Moriya Suwako

Stupid Yoshi wrote:

Well...I played Mario series since I was a student.
Same as me... is Mario series popular in Africa?
Topic Starter
Moriya Suwako
Well...anyone loves Mario Kart 7? The online mode is fantastic!
mathexpert
My favorite mario game will forever be super mario world, but I've also enjoyed Galaxy 1&2 as well as super mario 1,2, and 3.
For some reason, the "new" super mario games just aren't as fun to me :/
Kunieda
And yes, I just played New super Mario bros Wii U . That was fun.
Soaprman

yellowyoshi1996 wrote:

This'd be the thread you're looking for: t/68448

We still play weekly.
Topic Starter
Moriya Suwako

mathexpert9981 wrote:

My favorite mario game will forever be super mario world, but I've also enjoyed Galaxy 1&2 as well as super mario 1,2, and 3.
For some reason, the "new" super mario games just aren't as fun to me :/
I'm sure lots of people are just like you ;/
Topic Starter
Moriya Suwako

clarie33 wrote:

And yes, I just played New super Mario bros Wii U . That was fun.
Great!I haven't bought WiiU yet.
Topic Starter
Moriya Suwako

Soaprman wrote:

yellowyoshi1996 wrote:

This'd be the thread you're looking for: t/68448

We still play weekly.
thx.But I'm too weak to play with you guys=.=