forum

osu!record - automatic osu! replay .OSR to Youtube service

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kayla
Doesnt work at all for me. The page times out when I click upload and I wait and then someone elses information starts showing in the live feed. Ive tried for hours and cant get it working.

I am using a skin, I am using a small replay file.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
- Fixed large skin uploads
- Updated to youtube data api v3 and from authsub to oauth2 - means nicer authentication screen and no more 'NoLinkedYoutubeAccount' errors (properly supports multiple accounts)
MillhioreF
It's just giving me "Youtube access token expired" every time I try and upload anything. Relogging doesn't help.

Edit: Never mind, all's good now.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Added a further check that youtube accounts are valid before recording as there's been quite a few failing at the final upload stage

Edit: Seems that wasn't enough, now it will upload and delete a test video before each recording to stop time wasters
Kayla
Maps dont use your note skin or cursor if you include it, they ignore your skin and use the map skin and default cursor. Is this intentional?

Also dat dim..
Noctali
I love it, thanks for all your work! :)
Vasari
That's one hell of a tool , I really appreciated using it :)
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Recordings now use tmpfs (ram/swap) as scratch space, should smooth out any stutters as previously was hitting the hard disk at 60MB/s(!) constant write without any preallocation. Encoding will also be a bit faster, particularly the sound extraction phase
DarkZaar
I've been using this service a couple of times now... and i can't seem to get my skin to work.. am i doing something wrong? do i have to make a separate .osk file with only the gameplay files? i'm really confused because i see people getting skins to work just fine and looking at the replies on this it not just me that aren't getting this feature to work
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

DarkZaar wrote:

I've been using this service a couple of times now... and i can't seem to get my skin to work.. am i doing something wrong? do i have to make a separate .osk file with only the gameplay files? i'm really confused because i see people getting skins to work just fine and looking at the replies on this it not just me that aren't getting this feature to work
make sure the skin.ini file is removed, and if the skin absolutely depends on it (normally it is automatically removed) then you're basically out of luck
DarkZaar

Darkimmortal wrote:

DarkZaar wrote:

make sure the skin.ini file is removed, and if the skin absolutely depends on it (normally it is automatically removed) then you're basically out of luck

ok i'm gonna try this right now... if this works i'll post it here :D

EDIT : yeah still not working.. here's what it says on the status display :
SPOILER
Installing skin... End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /dolan/osurecord/replay.osk or
/dolan/osurecord/replay.osk.zip, and cannot find /dolan/osurecord/replay.osk.ZIP, period.
ok
Kayla

Kurimu wrote:

Maps dont use your note skin or cursor if you include it, they ignore your skin and use the map skin and default cursor. Is this intentional?

Also dat dim..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=062L4WVhbo0

As you can see its using the song skin not the skin I uploaded.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

DarkZaar wrote:

Darkimmortal wrote:

ok i'm gonna try this right now... if this works i'll post it here :D

EDIT : yeah still not working.. here's what it says on the status display :
SPOILER
Installing skin... End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /dolan/osurecord/replay.osk or
/dolan/osurecord/replay.osk.zip, and cannot find /dolan/osurecord/replay.osk.ZIP, period.
ok
Then your skin is not a valid zip file and I'm amazed if osu will load it without error
- Marco -

We got a problem D:
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Should be ok now
streeteelf
If only it showed combo bursts... :P But it's nice that you repaired skins upload. :)
arviejhay
why can't upload replay when playing pending songs
Howl

arviejhay wrote:

why can't upload replay when playing pending songs
Because he has all osz in a folder of the website. Imagine what total filesize would be have ALL maps in that folder. It would be also fucking boring to put them in that folder.
-Crank-
When i upload a skin with the Replay, the skin wont be used :/
-Kanzaki
pls do something about that background dim maybe %50 or something like that cant see the circles n stuff
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

-Crank- wrote:

When i upload a skin with the Replay, the skin wont be used :/
Skin support is very dodgy, not going to improve any time soon

-Kanzaki wrote:

pls do something about that background dim maybe %50 or something like that cant see the circles n stuff
upped the dim slightly, have to keep everyone happy mind
MidnightDrifter
Soooo...this recorder is my only hope in recording my replays since my laptop is really slow and barely runs Osu perfectly. But I have a problem. Everytime I upload a video the copyright infringement law kicks in and the video becomes unavailable. Is there something I can do so that for example, the video would include in the description that I do not own any of the materials used in the video, so that the copyright issue won't kick in? Thanks in advance.
Orange Mushroom
I too vote for higher dim, since I play with hidden it gets a bit hard to see, I want people to see it the way I saw it when I played.
Orange Mushroom

MidnightDrifter wrote:

Soooo...this recorder is my only hope in recording my replays since my laptop is really slow and barely runs Osu perfectly. But I have a problem. Everytime I upload a video the copyright infringement law kicks in and the video becomes unavailable. Is there something I can do so that for example, the video would include in the description that I do not own any of the materials used in the video, so that the copyright issue won't kick in? Thanks in advance.
That just happened to me too, and it was such a nice recording too :cry: I hope it can be fixed
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
If you're getting caught automatically from audio pattern matching obviously nothing in the description is going to help you

Getting around it takes things like swapping channels, adjusting pitch/speed, etc and I'm not going to go out of my way to help people evade copyright
MidnightDrifter

Darkimmortal wrote:

If you're getting caught automatically from audio pattern matching obviously nothing in the description is going to help you

Getting around it takes things like swapping channels, adjusting pitch/speed, etc and I'm not going to go out of my way to help people evade copyright
I finally recorded one replay successfully without the copyright thing kicking in. And I gotta say, this system is smooth. Probably the only cons are the incomplete skin support and the copyright infringement thing. But still, it's good.

By the way, if in any way possible, can the videos go to the downloads instead of a Youtube channel?
DarkStoorM
If you want to download your video, add "ss" before youtube.com~~

"ssyoutube.com/watch?v=some_ID"
MidnightDrifter

DarkStoorM wrote:

If you want to download your video, add "ss" before youtube.com~~

"ssyoutube.com/watch?v=some_ID"
What I mean is when the video will go straight to download, without needing to be uploaded to Youtube. Y'know, to avoid that copyright issue.

But thanks, anyway. It's the first I've heard of this, and it's helpful.
reil3321
why always show "Someone's already using the system, wait your turn" there?
In this situation, I have to wait to my turn or I have to click the upload button many times until its work?
I've waited for a long time :cry:
Elzapatoverde
Why is this happening? :c

Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Elzapatoverde wrote:

Corrupt or outdated replay
Dilectus
This is so awesome! Too lazy to edit and upload my 3 gig files onto youtube. This is the perfect solution to that! Thanks for making this tool.

Altho I have a question. Will you be able to upload in widescreen in the future?
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

DavidEd wrote:

This is so awesome! Too lazy to edit and upload my 3 gig files onto youtube. This is the perfect solution to that! Thanks for making this tool.

Altho I have a question. Will you be able to upload in widescreen in the future?
Keeping it 4:3 as that's the traditional osu aspect ratio
adratel

Darkimmortal wrote:

Elzapatoverde wrote:

Corrupt or outdated replay
I had the same Problem with two uploads now, one replay saved a week ago and one a day before uploading, so I doubt the problem lies within them being outdated. What specifically do you mean with "corrupted" and is there anyway to deal with it/prevent it on further replays?

Greetings from adratel
Shirai Kuroko
Just ignore this .. I had to wait
-hx
It seems the latest update of osu! somehow broke your code..
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

hexagonest wrote:

It seems the latest update of osu! somehow broke your code..
Cheers for the heads up, I'll look into this when I get a chance
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Should be fine now, also shaved 15 seconds or so off the recording time

Nvm, not really sure what's wrong with it

Looks like osu!.db isn't saving correctly all of a sudden
-hx

Darkimmortal wrote:

Should be fine now, also shaved 15 seconds or so off the recording time
Little problem. This is happening?
Cytus
Currently broken due to changes in osu,, wtf