forum

[resolved] Slow beatmap download on both Website and osu!direct

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Akani
Download speed on both the website and osu!direct have been extremely slow. Seems like there is a routing issue, but i don't know the address of the beatmap mirrors to make a route tracing.

My speedtest

Average speed of 650 KB/s
Death
The beatmap mirrors are bm4.ppy.sh - bm8.ppy.sh. You should be able to see which one is being used in the downloads page of your browser.

Assuming this only started recently, this is typically an ISP level issue that resolves itself over time, but you can still try some basic troubleshooting steps just in case, like restarting your modem/router or executing these commands in an elevated command prompt:
  1. ipconfig /flushdns
  2. ipconfig /release
  3. ipconfig /renew
Topic Starter
Akani
So after a lot of troubleshooting attempts, here is what i found out.

The only affected system is my main computer which is a desktop connected through Ethernet cable.
All other system seems to download beatmaps at normal speed (seconds to instantly).

I have tried the following:
  1. Contacted my ISP about this specific problem, no issues found
  2. Flushed DNS
  3. Reset network adapter
  4. Tried different browsers
  5. Reinstalled network drivers
  6. Tried downloading beatmaps with a virtual machine (same issue occurs)
I can't figure out what the problem is..
Death
Maybe you have some antivirus software or a firewall setting on your desktop that you've forgotten about? Wouldn't be impossible for either of those things to be causing downloads to slow down.
TheSosig
From the looks of it you are using chrome I’m assuming. It could be something as simple as chrome limiting your download speed. I’d check your network throttling setting in what ever browser you are using.
Topic Starter
Akani
I'm using firefox but I've also tried different browsers. Same results everywhere..
TheSosig

Akani wrote:

I'm using firefox but I've also tried different browsers. Same results everywhere..
All I can really attest to on this is that I had similar slow download issues with Firefox. I installed a multithread download manager add-on to Firefox and saw instant improvement with speeds. Maybe try this if you are still stuck? All I can say is that speeds improved for me.
Topic Starter
Akani
So i ended up doing a clean install of windows, the issue isnt reoccuring anymore.
Unknown Duck
Having the same issue while download beatmaps on the official website and on lazer in-game. My download speed everywhere else seems totally fine. I'm using Debian 12 Bookworm. Tried disabling my firewall, same thing.