forum

Same scroll speed in 7k as 4k?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AmeliaFangirl
So I have been trying to transition from 4k to 7k (have been playing 4k for about 4 months) for a few weeks now and I am not sure if I should try to adapt to the same scroll speed I've been using in 4k or to just use what I am comfortable with right now in 7k. My 4k scroll speed as of now is usually 26 or 27 and my 7k scroll speed is 23 (I use an orb/circle skin). Should I play 7k at 26 scroll speed until I'm used to it, slowly increase the scroll speed from 23 to 26, or just stick with 23 scroll speed?
tgnehs
Scroll speed is something that's completely up to preference. I use a low judgment line skin, and used to have scroll speeds of 37-38, and now using the same skin I've gone down to 31. Some top players use very low scroll speeds, while others prefer the faster side. When I play 7k I use 28 scroll speed, but as I said its completely up to preference. Whatever you're most comfortable with is what you should go with.

From my experience, you should increase scroll speed when you realize that sections get too dense to read properly, and decrease if you're confident in your finger speed to focus more on reading complex patterns accurately.

But TL;DR, it's completely up to you.
[ N00B ]
Use scroll speed that makes you play even more :)
Lights
when in doubt, play what you can read