forum

[Archived] How do I make a TV Size mp3 from a longer song?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wixdom
So I've seen a lot of mappers make songs that are longer into shorter mp3s (usually 1:30 minutes)
I like mapping shorter maps but I don't like stealing someone's mp3, so I was wondering if anyone knows how this works and how you do it?

An example of a map is Shiino's Heart no Shuchou map: beatmapsets/1085903#osu/2270763
Petal
You put the mp3 into audacity or any audio editing software, find similar sections and cut/shorten them.
Topic Starter
Wixdom

Petal wrote:

You put the mp3 into audacity or any audio editing software, find similar sections and cut/shorten them.
I won't be able to make a perfect cut with audacity though? Is there any tool to help me cut it right?
Petal
You can make a perfect cut with audacity, you just have to find the right sections using time stamps in-game to help you.

I've done that multiple times

Time your map -> find and get the timestamp of the section you're cutting -> open mp3 in audacity -> type in timestamp and just press cut.
Topic Starter
Wixdom

Petal wrote:

You can make a perfect cut with audacity, you just have to find the right sections using time stamps in-game to help you.

I've done that multiple times

Time your map -> find and get the timestamp of the section you're cutting -> open mp3 in audacity -> type in timestamp and just press cut.
One last question, when I type in the time and all that it doesn't actually select the track, it selects above it?
When I press cut after I type the time in it just says
No sound is marked
"Mark the sound that "Cut" should use (for example Ctrl + A to mark all) and try again later.

Did I do something wrong? I can't figure it out...

NEVERMIND I FIGURED IT OUT