forum

Should I credit hitsounds?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JonanaBanana
So I'm mapping a song right now and I'm trying to get it ranked eventually but I was just wondering for the future if it is required/reccomended to credit hitsounds that I use since I kind've just stole them from ranked mapsets.
Shiyzo
in what way have you stole them? if you’re literally using same hitsounds AND using them in the same way (creating same hitsounding rhythm that the maps you stole it from has) it would be stealing imo (and not original for your map) and you might want to ask owner for approval.
however if you’re only taking their custom hitsounds, then that’s okay as long as you are creative with them and hitsound your map differently
Topic Starter
JonanaBanana
well I gathered different sounds from different maps that I thought would blend well with my map
(for reference): beatmapsets/1149199#osu/2457147
I'm definitely using them differently than the owner like you said as I don't really look at the maps that I took the hitsounds from and i'm also using hitsounds from multiple maps so it'll probably be fine. To be honest I kind've forgot what maps that I took the hitsounds from so it'll probably be impossible to credit all of them anyways but was just wondering if i should or should not for future reference.
Chiru-kun
then thats fine.

tbh i think half of mappers use lasse's hs on his userpage lol.
half of ranked and unranked modern maps credited to lasse, cheers...! hahaha