forum

General Achievement Request Thread

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +152
show more
bomber34

Plushies wrote:

TAG2-8 combo achievements please. It would be fun trying to achieve 2000 combo on a map in TAG mode.
or in general some multiplayer achievements :3
Topic Starter
deadbeat

bomber34 wrote:

Plushies wrote:

TAG2-8 combo achievements please. It would be fun trying to achieve 2000 combo on a map in TAG mode.
or in general some multiplayer achievements :3
there's already a quote on the OP regarding multiplayer achievements, I'm open to ideas about this

also updated the list a bit o/
Suntears
Spin achievements is also needed in my opinion.
bomber34

Suntears wrote:

like spinning 477 for X seconds
or
reach X000 bonus score on a ranked map?
Topic Starter
deadbeat
nah, i'm not a huge fan of spinning achievements to be honest
TheVileOne
I would like a spinner achievement. Get 20K bonus on a spinner. That would be fun to achieve.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
too easy, i know of a ranked map with a spinner that gives a bonus of somewhere between 100,000 to 110,000
Luna
Actual skill-based achievements for all modes.
Currently, there are more achievements that reward you for doing badly (or at least require bad play to get) than for actually playing well. I'm not even kidding, it's friggin' weird.
TheVileOne
There's only 2 that are like that AFAIK. Also the achievement for spinning shouldn't be so high that you need to play a map with a spinner thats ridiculously long. 35K would be the absolute limit for such an achievement.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i'd prefer a spin speed achievement over spinner bonus score
TheVileOne
Spinning fast is not interesting. Spinning with endurance is interesting to me. Besides my mouse makes spinning fast impossible. A selfish reason to disagree but whatever. :D
Topic Starter
deadbeat
achieving x spin speed is harder than achieving x spin bonus, unless the x spin bonus meant to be gotten on a certain map
TheVileOne
It's not a matter of difficulty. It's really a matter of whether your mouse or screen doesn't lag. Lag reduces my SPM by around 100. Also longer spinners tend to rate your SPM as higher than shorter spinners. I can get readings of over 400 SPM in longer spinners just because they are long.
Suntears

bomber34 wrote:

Suntears wrote:

like spinning 477 for X seconds
or
reach X000 bonus score on a ranked map?
either way is fine. lncognito would be happy
Don't forget to add Banana Catcher for CTB
TheDragonXD
I thought of another one :

NightLife - Beat 50 Songs With S or SS Ranking using Flashlight AND the Nightcore mod
Topic Starter
deadbeat

Suntears wrote:

either way is fine. lncognito would be happy
Don't forget to add Banana Catcher for CTB
dammit. i guess to make it fair for ctb and taiko, it would been to be spinner bonus, not spinner speed >~<
boat
Way to suggest the most dull and boring achievement ever.

I don't find a lot of amusement in tracking down a map with a long and boring spinner just to have it written on my profile that I did.
TheDragonXD
Well Heres another one.

Fashionista - Download over 20 Skins.

Also I've got a few more

Slip 'n' Slidin' - (Similar to the 500 Beatmixes) Get 100,000 Points from just sliders.
Imamoto
Map-pack Achievements for the approved Maps would be awesome <3
TheDragonXD
Oh. To support an older suggestion.

BlindFolded - Gain SS Rank on 50 songs with the Flashlight Mod

Now You See Me... - Gain SS Rank on 50 songs with the Hidden Mod

Gotta Go Fast! - Gain SS Rank on 50 Songs with the DoubleTime Mod

Hard-Core - Gain SS Rank on 10 Songs with the Nightcore Mod

Pressure - Gain SS Rank on 50 Songs with the SuddenDeath Mod

Rockin' Out - Gain SS Rank on 50 Songs with the HardRock Mod

Ultimate Challenge- Complete 50 Songs with the Perfect Mod

Life's Not about Spinning - Complete a Song with the SpunOut Mod

I approve of the others, But I'm kind of meh on "Ultimate Challenge , Hard-Core and Life's not about spinning"
Suntears

boat wrote:

Way to suggest the most dull and boring achievement ever.

I don't find a lot of amusement in tracking down a map with a long and boring spinner just to have it written on my profile that I did.
>different people
>different taste
Luna
Combined Dedication Achievements. Awarded for total play count across all modes. And make is something really high like 25k/50k/100k/150k so we can see just how addicted we really are to this game :v
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Video Game Pack vol.5
Anime Pack vol.5
Internet Pack vol.5
Rhythm Game Pack vol.5

I've seen that most maps from vol.4 packs are from 2010. There must be at least some material by now for creating a new set of packs.

Achievements under Combo section are only for standard mode. Maybe Combo achievements for other modes?

Dedication section could also be filled with achievements for other modes. Similar what was done with fourth achievement for osu! mode.
So it could be like:

Catch 20,000,000 fruits
30,000,000 Drum hits
40,000,000 Keys

This has a negative side though. A lot of people wouldn't even have the time necessary to do something like that, or would find it boring and unnecessary to do something like that.
Luna
Stuff like 40m key presses would require ~100k+ plays in mania, you really can't just add another order of magnitude.
But yeah, I want a tier 4 Taiko dedication achievement to work towards.
Meikyuuiri Tsumi

Luna wrote:

Stuff like 40m key presses would require ~100k+ plays in mania, you really can't just add another order of magnitude.
But yeah, I want a tier 4 Taiko dedication achievement to work towards.
Then, make it triple the amount as it is now? 6,9 and 12 million respectively.
SapphireGhost

SapphireGhost wrote:

I was thinking of an idea that we could give achievements for clearing beatmap packs. Like "50 beatmap packs cleared", "100 beatmap packs cleared", and "200 beatmap packs cleared". It would give a nice incentive for people to explore a variety of music, getting a ton of ranked points, and enjoying themselves along the way with the extra boost. This is just an idea.
Unlike the grand majority of my posts from 3 years ago, I still agree with this idea. However, ranked score isn't as much of an incentive anymore and clearing beatmap packs takes a lot of time. A progression of 25-50-75 seems more reasonable, seeing how 16 already have their own achievement. It should still be a good way to get packs more attention.
tarticulate
-Retry Achievements
Milestones:
Retry the same song 50 times in a row - Dedicated
Retry the same song 100 times in a row - Persistent
Retry the same song 200 times in a row - Determined

-Rank Achievements
Milestones:
Get 500 D-ranks - D-ranker
Get 500 C-ranks - C-ranker
Get 500 B-ranks - B-ranker
Get 500 A-ranks - A-ranker
Get 500 S-ranks - Pro
Get 500 SS-ranks - Perfectionist
quaternary

TheDragonXD wrote:

Life's Not about Spinning - Complete a Song with the SpunOut Mod
I'm meh on this one too. You don't want someone to download the game, try out random mods, and get 50 achievements for it :P
Grik_old
Hi!

I have a request for the achievement display on the site.
I just got a "hush hush" achivement and don't know how I could get it. It would be cool if a player logged on the site could see an explicit description of his own achievements.

And I agree NitcoGames on rank achievements but only since A or S rank. D isn't so frequent if you play your level and don't need a big skill.
[Kanzaki Ranko]

Grik wrote:

Hi!

I just got a "hush hush" achivement and don't know how I could get it. It would be cool if a player logged on the site could see an explicit description of his own achievements.

And I agree NitcoGames on rank achievements but only since A or S rank. D isn't so frequent if you play your level and don't need a big skill.
D is probably harder than SS for experienced players.

B is probably the "default" rank for songs you can barely pass. Anything worse than that is hard. orz
Topic Starter
deadbeat

Grik wrote:

hahaha you so funny

no
Grik_old
I don't understand why. An achievement you already had has no value if you don't know how you got it. And knowing your own achievements don't mean you'll go say how to get to anyone.
I've read the rules before to post you know? So don't foolish me with a "so funny" and give me your true reasons please.
Arufa Kiriyami
-click score a 10 combo using only mouse buttons
-Clicky. score a 100 combo usign only mouse buttons
-clickify score a 1000 combo using only mouse buttons

Grandma Eyes: Score a 100 combo in an easy song
Trained Eyes: Score a 200 combo in a medium song
-Elven Eyes: Score a 300 combo in a Hard song
-Ninja Eyes: Score a 500 combo in an insane song

I see you: Fc a song with Hidden on.(Hard/Insane)

Ends of the earth: Hit a note on one side of the screen and then the other without breaking combo

-I was born of this: Using a mouse Fc a Hard or insane song

-To the Top: get below 100k Rank

Cant be Stopped: Play an insane song with all multiplier increasing mods on (FL,HD,HR,DT)

-Alternate! - Get a 10 stream combo
-Left,Right,Left,Right - Get a 100 stream combo

- Scribbles - Fc a Hard or Insane song using a tablet

heres mine..even have pictures for them :I...some of them (just click on th ename of the acheivement to view the pic)
this is something i thought of.threw together the pics n such in 5 mins...so the pics arent anythign great just a template really. also the achievements are sorta newplayer friendly.thats what i see alot of trouble with.
pixeldesu

RyouichiKitsune wrote:

- Scribbles - Fc a Hard or Insane song using a tablet
Problem with that: How should osu! know if you're using a tablet or a mouse? Detecting active drivers? (or with having Tablet Mode activated?) I don't think these "using only x and making a x combo" are good achievements, the current Combo-achievements are fine.
Sea_Food
Super Social

Get 100 mutal friends

Gold medalist

Win 20/200/2000 Multiplayer games

Good kid

Dont get silenced for 100/200/400 days, whitout being inactive ingame.

Ok now lets discuss this thread.

-Did the OP abandon this thread? It seems like he hasnt added anything to OP since page 2... Also in my vision the OP would be a lot more organized than what it is atm... Maybe someone more dedicated could make a new thread...

-Whats up with not allowing to make public post about hush hush achievements. Cant those post just be deleted from this thread afterwards if they get added? Also the hush-hush achieves seem to have very vague names, not easy to scroll trough every suggestion made in this thread, and then figure out that the suggestion named Y would be suggestion X suggested in this thread, even if the post does not get deleted. I mean come on, they are not anyones bank account codes. Would it be the end of the world if just maybe some of the 50 people who use the feature request forum remembered the suggestion afterwards? I have a strong no opinion on that.

That rule certainly has big downsides. There are like 100 public suggestions in this thread so far. I know that i wont even bother to send my ideas for the hush-hushes because of the overwhelming chance that someone already sent them. Also as we know from the beatmap forums, content desinged by a member of a community, is always better if it gets perfected by other members of the community. How are we supposed to give feedback to some of the suggestions if we dont even know they exist? We cant.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
I haven't abandoned this thread. i just need to remember to update this thead
and the reason i don't want people discussing hush hush is because the less people know of it, the better. the hush hush achievements are secret for a reason.
and sorry, but i won't allow hush hush achievement ideas in this thread. either PM them to me, or don't share them. i have no desire to change this
Abel
Damn, nothing added
just watched another thread and its also about achievments, t/147431/start=60
Level achievments,
lvl10: 1 achievment
lvl25: another achievment
lvl 50: another achievment
lvl 100: epic one
or who knows, lvl 25-50-75-100 ?
Friggles
Not sure if this has been suggested, but there should be a few achievements for passing well known maps. They could be in order of ascending difficulty and would be like milestones for a players skill. An easy example would be some achievement like "Can Defeat Airman" for passing the highest airman difficulty nomod.
Nickelony
Newer Post down v
Topic Starter
deadbeat
all hush hush achievements get sent to me. this was made clear in the OP
show more