forum

New difficulty mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Arnold0
Hi,

While seeing my friend playing osu!, since he makes many 100&50 I thinked of a new difficulty increase mod. It's simple, when you do a 100 or a 50 your combo reset. Yes it's pretty like perfect, but insted of failling you can continue playing the song. Why adding this? Like so you can try to SS the song, and if you don't do it you can continue playing for trainig better. And also if you do a 100 near the end your combo reset, but your score still submit. I think this can't have multiplier since it's like sudden death/perfect. Say wat you think about it :-)
VoidnOwO
:oops:
ReVeNg3r
SD or PF have no multiplier ,why this should have?
ReVeNg3r
Ok sorry, i read "have multiplier" my fault
Saten
Sounds kinda silly imo
theowest
I'd prefer this over the perfect mod. I hate having to retry immediately.
ReVeNg3r

theowest wrote:

therefore it's perfect mod (SS or quit), otherwise it wouldn't be.
i see no reason for adding mod like this, why reset score when you hit a 100 ?
Kuro

ReVeNg3r wrote:

theowest wrote:

therefore it's perfect mod (SS or quit), otherwise it wouldn't be.
This would be a mod in between for those people who don't miss but just want to improve accuracy

SD ----> New mod ----> PF
Sakura

ReVeNg3r wrote:

He said reset combo, not reset score, and this is how many rythm games operate (combo only increases as long as you hit the highest or 2 highest judgements).
H_Hitachiin
Er...Umm...I don't really think this is that needed?
ReVeNg3r

Sakura wrote:

He said reset combo, not reset score, and this is how many rythm games operate (combo only increases as long as you hit the highest or 2 highest judgements).
Combo or score or whatever ,when i play a map and i hit 100/50 i don't want to reset my combo,unless i go for SS but then i still retry.It's just stupid.
blissfulyoshi
I don't understand the reason of having your score drop when you make a mistake. If your acc is not what you want, just redo the map imo.
VoidnOwO
blissfulyoshi

BRBP wrote:

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I don't understand the reason of having your score drop when you make a mistake.
This is Arnold0's topic, not reveng3r's.
Sorry for being unclear, I was trying to respond to Arnold0.
What I meant is total score drop (from combo reset). If you drop your combo, there is very little point in finishing a song except for practice. In that case, just play the song with no mod.
VoidnOwO
MillhioreF
This actually existed for a few days as a bug with the Perfect mod (all 100 and 50 became miss without restarting the song) It got fixed fairly quickly, though.
she_old
Like NoFail together with Perfect only without the 0.50x multiplier
I doubt it'll be implemented, peppy hates training mods.
theowest

loseri wrote:

Like NoFail together with Perfect only without the 0.50x multiplier
I doubt it'll be implemented, peppy hates training mods.
I guess that's true.
Saten
No one is going to use it (unless you wanna show-off, but that's what we have perfect and no-fail for as well)

A miss lowers the accuracy alot, and drains the HP drastically.
Sea_Food
What?

Can someone explain me the point of this mod in english?

If you want to get 100%, but still continue playing if you dont get 100%, why not just play no mod?

How on earth the fact that your combo breaks in 100s and 50s going to help you improve your accuracy.