forum

[Archived] osu! crash when moving window between two monitors

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bites
In windowed mode, while at the song selection screen, I have been moving the osu! window between my two monitors. My right monitor is flipped upside down, although it makes no difference whether or not it is flipped. Whenever I do this at the song selection screen, osu! lags for a short time (less than a second) and recovers. If I scroll down, the song list will suddenly have ended about 5 or 6 songs down, with the last visible 'song' being completely empty. The bar acts as though the full song list is there. If I scroll past into the nothingness, osu! freezes and is unrecoverable. Same happens if I click on any of my songs, or go into my options and try to select a skin. Requires ending osu!.exe in the task manager.

I'm using DirectX renderer on osu!, with unlimited framerate and 1024x768. Low-end PC is on, as well as background video.

This requires two monitors.

1. Go to song select
2. Move osu! window from one monitor to the other
3. osu! explodes in a million pieces!

Running windows 7, 4 GB of ram, 2.7ghz dualcore processor. This only started happening recently.
FissionMailed
Just tried to reproduce this bug. The outcome wasn't what was in Bites' screenshot. I did, however, wind up with this happening:

peppy
I was waiting for people to encounter this. Which OS are you guys on? I had some people test, and no one could replicate on windows 7 and 8. It may be specific to running without desktop composition on (ie. aero disabled, classic mode).
Topic Starter
Bites

peppy wrote:

I was waiting for people to encounter this. Which OS are you guys on?
Windows 7, with the Windows Classic theme.
FissionMailed
Same as Bites. Additionally, I am using game booster.
Topic Starter
Bites
I should also mention that Fission and I are both on 64 bit Windows 7 - that could also be a contributing factor.
gokiburi
Likewise, the steps to reproduce were as follows:

Open osu!
Change to windowed mode. (DirectX, unlimited framerate gameplay)
Go to song select.
Move osu! from monitor 1 to monitor 2.
Scroll down with scrollwheel.

osu! just freezes.

Windows 7 x64 Classic Mode
nVidia GTX 480