forum

[added] Announcements@forum.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Wishy

Between the beatmaps thing and osu! forum divider, we could get some "important threads" thing showing 1 or 2 relevant threads.

Like for example, right now it could show the new osu! build thread and OWC's. It would be quite useful since:

OWC thread is quite important (big event, over 2500 viewers on the stream!) and it is kind of hard to find. Got LOTS of people asking for stuff they can get on the thread, and many of them had NO IDEA that thread existed and that they could get information there.

Same about osu!mania, even now I got some friends that have no idea that a new mode has been implemented, even though they sometimes visit the forum.

tl;dr: General announcements linking to important threads "everyone" should know about. That bar should disappear when there are no important threads to add there.
XPJ38
That is a very interesting idea.

Take one of my invisible stars.
Mismagius
sure
theowest
because who gives a star about those maps anyway.
Kuro
Most likely instead of getting rid of most "Most Played", "Highest User Rating", and "Newest Ranked" it can cycle through recent and important news + those three categories included. Sort of like how advertisements are cycled through at Basketball games.

Wishy wrote:

Like for example, right now it could show the new osu! build thread and OWC's. It would be quite useful since:

OWC thread is quite important (big event, over 2500 viewers on the stream!) and it is kind of hard to find. Got LOTS of people asking for stuff they can get on the thread, and many of them had NO IDEA that thread existed and that they could get information there.
You didn't mention TWC's thread so I'm guessing it's not as important :x :roll: :(

Wishy wrote:

Same about osu!mania, even now I got some friends that have no idea that a new mode has been implemented, even though they sometimes visit the forum.
Then either your friend is blind or never clicks "Special" when they play osu! :P

theowest wrote:

because who gives a star about those maps anyway.
3: ......
2: ...........
1: ................
0: roflmfao!!! :lol:
Nathanael
Bump. I suppose this is already implemented. We can see the 4 latest announcements (aka the news articles).
Thread: t/154520