forum

Hello Osu! forums!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ankianka
Hi I am a mouse player that has recently started playing osu!. And i was wondering of how i could improve myself as a player. For example which sensitivity I should use, do you use 1 or 2 mouse buttons while playing etc and if so how? Also i'd like to ask who are the best mouse players and what settings do they use?

I know this might not be the correct forum to post on and if so I'm verry sorry, it's my first time posting on the forums so just let me know and i'll remove this post if necessary.

/// Kind regards Ankianka

P.s sorry for the bad grammer/English
South
hey welcome to osu! im KingFloyd and its nice to meet you :D

as for improving as a player i recommend playing on a high sensitivity, but something you can handle. and using the X or Z keys to do your clicking
for beginner players using the mouse to click is easier, but once you get to harder more skilled maps tapping the keyboard is the best way to play

i myself learned on mouse clicking so i still play that way, but i have practiced the keyboard a good amount so i use both when im playing... like clicking on the spread out jumpy notes and using the keyboard for the quick spammy notes
creampuff
Hi, mouse only player here~

I only use one mouse button, actually. And I put my sensitivity at 1.5x just because it's what I feel comfortable with. I don't know if I would recommend it, but I'll just tell you that you should use whatever you're comfortable with. If you really want to be a mouse only player, then be sure to practice. A lot. I'm telling you. If mouse only isn't your thing, then you can always try something new. Like mouse + keyboard. I don't use keyboard. To be honest, I feel it's a real hassle and my fingers just don't like to move, apparently. I'm just not used to it. Although, some people say it's a good method of playing, so you can do that instead. I'm not too experienced with mouse since I haven't been playing for long, but I think it's fun and challenging. It might just be me, but yeah.

So, if you really want to improve, practice is key. That and extra patience.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forums~
Vext_old
Welcome, nothing wrong at all with someone new asking some questions when they say hello.

The Gameplay & Rankings section (above) would be a good place to check out, there are plenty of topics on what you are after there, such as this one.

t/76457&start=0
cokeshawty
Hey hi! Welcome to the forums, I hope you like it here ^-^
As for the recommendations, I'd say it's all personal preference. Go play and find it out yourself!

Cheers c:
Laharl
Heya!
Topic Starter
ankianka
Thank you everone, I did not expect such a warm welcome I really appriciate it.

As for the tips it was just what i needed. I for one did not know that you could use your keyboard aswell i'll be sure to try it out, just don't know how it will turn out since my left hand is quite slow ^^

/// Kind regards Ankianka