forum

mapping styles are interesting

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dialect
so usually if i watched an anime, i'll probably search that anime up when looking for beatmaps to play. i found this map and out of curiousity, i played it. i was sort of fascinated with biwako's maps, so i checked their ranked maps out. their style consists of geometric shapes and curved sliders, and it honestly fascinates me how mapping styles are different. when you think of 2012 style, you usually think of symmetry, but i guess not all mappers liked symmetry back then. i personally like biwako's style of mapping, despite it being really outdated and old, and i've been taking a bit of inspiration from their maps lately.
Asphiee
For me, I like James and DJPop he's like the first batch mappers along with ztrot and happy30.
James' map
Everyone has a DJPop maps so I won't send one.
Topic Starter
Dialect

Asphyre wrote:

For me, I like James and DJPop he's like the first batch mappers along with ztrot and happy30.
James' map
Everyone has a DJPop maps so I won't send one.
honestly, i really love symmetrical style, but i probably wouldn't map it as a part of my style
Asphiee

MinNin wrote:

honestly, i really love symmetrical style, but i probably wouldn't map it as a part of my style
I tried making one and it feels great though. :P I think its rankable since TheShadowOfDark has something 2012 style and got his map ranked.
-ANMi-
I guess with me I have to go with FaiVillager, he's known for his tech map and I really like the way he maps with all the pattern and SV change..

Here's a good one from him