forum

Hand problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Emah ]
I've noticed that most of times i have struggles doing 5* - 6* long maps just because i've played lots of short / tv size. Even when i play dt, i feel like the hand that i use to click, blocks and stop clicking, so i can't hold the dt mod that much, just at the start of a map but when there are fast jumps or even fast bursts i can't
click anymore because the hand blocks himself, it doesn't burn, just blocks. I've played a lot recentley (lots of stream maps, because i have a problem doing any bpm too , and jump maps) and i
feel like i can't play that good anymore. What should i do? Is there a way to improve for that problem of the
hand? I still think it's a keyboard problem but i'm not sure (i have a mech membrane keyboard of Razer).
Molly Sandera
Hmmmmm so your hand literally stutters on high bpm, huh? How about you try to sort your maps by bpm and gradually go up until this issue fixes itself? But do start with low bpm
Also if you think your keyboard is the culprit here, why don't you try to test if it's working consistently or not? (Unless by that you meant like how it feels to press it, that is the weight of the keypress?)
idkpluto
I used to have a similar issue where my fingers locked up for no reason at large jumps and bursts. At the time my tapping hand's thumb would stick to the bottom part of my keyboard as a way to keep my hand stable and in position to tap efficiently. However I found this method drained my stamina more because it tensed up my hand, causing me to be more nervous and ruined my accuracy because my fingers were always jolting around rather than moving to the rhythm.

1. so my advice is to change your tapping style
(whether you tap with the whole motion of your hand or u keep your hand stationary and have your fingers stab at the keyboard)

2. or another thing you could try is to change your setup a little bit. I always found that if i make my chair too high, it becomes harder to relax myself and any movements i do with my hands feel extremely uncomfortable.

It may take a little getting used to, but if after a few play sessions you might find something you like. Then it may be worth to try that playstyle out for a bit and see if it yields any results.

hope i could help!
cheers xd
Molly Sandera
That reminds me, my hands stop when there are pairs of stacked doubles. I can alternate everything (in 3* range) EXCEPT pairs of stacked doubles(right on top of each other), and ONLY that, not slightly spaced doubles, not stacked triples, JUST pairs of stacked doubles, and that really annoys me. I hope there are maps that are FULL of them so i can practice this thing
Topic Starter
[ Emah ]
After a week i pretty got decent at alternating, but there is oe more problem that i'm annoyed about, this happen just when i play DT, the real problem is that after doing fast jumps or circle sequences (i just can't alternate them) i miss a lot and a lot losing combos and accuracy, i am close to 30k and i guess it should be embarassing that i can't play short maps even like farm maps (example video with a classic one).
I don't know, this problem just annoy me, it's like that my hand can't press that fast both single tap and alternate, it just freeze
Topic Starter
[ Emah ]
Can i ask to close this topic? After some training and playing i finally removed all problems and hurts from my hand and now i can play better