forum

[Editor]Play and edit after mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Butch Coolidge
Howdy there,

The title may not be very explicit, so let me introduce my idea:

A mode for the editor that would let you load a song, then play like you would normally play a beatmap to place circles, and then edit it for timings.

I honestly think that this would be more user friendly, and would help more people getting started with the editor, as it would be way easier to use than the actual one.

On the technical part, nothing much: Simple press for a circle, hold for a slider, and you can place spinners after in the editor.

Feel free to add any idea to this thread, i will edit it in the main post.

I'm also awaiting criticism, may it be good or bad, that will help me improve this idea.

Thank you for reading this.

Have a nice day.
MillhioreF
You can already do this for circles. It would be pretty neat if it were possible to do this for sliders, too (it's already possible to an extent, but it doesn't work very well.
Aqo
I always wanted this exact thing but never made a feature request because I'm not expecting the devs to put in the effort to create this.
If this does get into the to-do list, big big huge support. Being able to play-to-map for standard would save soooo much time on object placement.
Saten
Live mapping osu!standard maps eh?

I'm pretty sure it's already possible, but the sliders are a different story though.
Topic Starter
Butch Coolidge
Bumping it, i need feedback on this.
blissfulyoshi
What is wrong with just putting a bs timing (I guess a very high BPM) and just adding whatever you want as the song plays?
Aqo

blissfulyoshi wrote:

What is wrong with just putting a bs timing (I guess a very high BPM) and just adding whatever you want as the song plays?
It's laggy as hell if you do it through edit and impossible to put down sliders with this

also edit doesn't exactly allow for hitting z\x to place notes. you have to write your own macro that rebinds those keys to left mouse to actually do it
MillhioreF

Aqo wrote:

also edit doesn't exactly allow for hitting z\x to place notes. you have to write your own macro that rebinds those keys to left mouse to actually do it
You can press Ctrl+Tab to change modes so that taiko keybinds place notes (you'd press X and C though if you wanted no hitsounds)
TheVileOne
Sounds incredibly unhelpful and a pain to use/ much worse than placing notes normally. People have problems making sliders when the song isn't moving, forget trying to make them while scrolling.

._. Sorry no support.
Saten
The best way to map is to carefully place your beats. You'll get everything pefectly snapped to the right beat as well.
I don't think there's a better way than that.