forum

Timing and rhythm problem while mapping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shucklings
Problem details: I was mapping a 5% sound to 100% sound increase over and over again and must've done something in the timing and controls panel and messed up all my timing and rhythms (note: I am sort of new to mapping). I don't know what I did to do this so i'm confused. Anybody that could help me out?

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Sb80C22ZM&feature=youtu.be

osu! version: Stable 20200427.2 (latest)
TheKingHenry
what I gather from the video is that there are probably two types of things here:
- fucked up snappings (of circles), probably due changing the snapping divisor around and accidentally moving the circles (one example around 0:13 or 0:14). Or maybe they are intentional? But don't sound accurate to the song at the very least :')
- fucked up green lines (and maybe this is the thing you meant in your post), mainly with SV perhaps. Most noticeable around 0:28 onwards or so, you essentially seem to have lower SV than should, and the sliders take thus longer in the timeline, overlapping other objects rhythmically. Probably due either (or both) of two reasons: you have moved your green lines that were for those sliders elsewhere (or slightly forward), and they don't apply to these sliders anymore. Or you have tuned the green lines themselves (like the SV) after creating the sliders according to them, making the result messed up. This similar point can happen with some other kind of related changes too, but prob most commonly with green lines I'd wager, thus this

well, hopefully that answered your problems, not really sure just basing on a video ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Topic Starter
Shucklings
It wasn't like that earlier, they all got 'fucked up' somehow?? That's why im confused, the whole map used to be clean and tidy and completely fine

edit: I just painstakingly remapped the parts i did before save circle by circle slider by slider instead, problem solved
TheKingHenry
maybe I worded things poorly somewhere, but I never said they were fucked up from the beginning, the things I explain in my comment are literally (supposed to be) things that happen by accident, and then your map has gone from clean and tidy to the problematic state :thinking: meaning by addressing the respective "reasons" you'll get it back to the original state

well, since you already remapped it I guess this is kinda resolved now then anyways though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Topic Starter
Shucklings
haha, yeah all good, I assumed the worst, woops