forum

Editor Design tab has misplaced grid location [confirmed]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Here, I'm giving you pics:

This is the grid on Compose Editor.
The center of the grid fits perfectly with the center of the BG, which means the grid isn't misplaced.

And here's the grid on Design Editor.
1. Grid misplaced.
2. No right boundary available. Explanation

And optional here: 3. No grid snap feature implementated on the Design Editor.

:/
Topic Starter
bump
deadbeat
please don't bump something after 3 days unless you have new information
deadbeat
since ykcarrot reminded of this thread, decided to test it

so it looks like everything is moving to the right for some reason. gonna mark as confirmed for now
Ephemeral
this is addressed in the upcoming widescreen editor build
peppy
It isn't for me. Some lines are rendered incorrectly.
Ephemeral
i dont think the playfield grid fieldtype is set properly (or if it even uses one)

which is really weird because it appears fine across all of my resolutions for me
Topic Starter
Actually, this bug doesn't occured loooong time ago (if I'm correct, before the copy paste feature on Design editor implemented).

And what do you mean by "some lines are rendered incorrectly?"
Topic Starter
bump for this

inverness wrote:

And what do you mean by "some lines are rendered incorrectly?"
Kuroneko-sHerald
I have a similar problem, but someone said me that in the test build the problem is fixed, so maybe your is fixed too.

My problem:
SPOILER
In compose

On Design
Sure
bump.
after 18 months, not yet fixed
TheVileOne
I'll be looking into this. I am also curious to know why the Design grid is super tiny when the Compose grid is full sized.
TheVileOne
apart from widescreen resolutions, is there any other issues with the scaling? I have only noticed problems with widescreen.
deadbeat
do these help?
peppy
The grid is for hitcircle alignment, not design alignment. The positioning changes because in compose mode, the compose grid is made as large as possible. On design mode, the screen bounds are the limitations so it is reduced to how you would see it in-game. Right?
TheVileOne
The grid's location has nothing to do with the hitcircles being not aligned unless both the background and the grid are not aligned properly because the background is in the same position relative to the grin in Design and Compose modes. If anything it is the hitobjects that are not scaled correctly and thus not in the same place in the scaled grid.
Bara-
Bumping because I got a duplicate

Problem Details:

I'm currently making a SB which relies on the note placement (a lot)
In the design tab, when Hitobjects are enabled, you clearly see they follow the notes perfectly (X+64, Y+54 compared to compose grid)
However, when you are in the compose tab, they are off by Y-18. To make them fit on Compose, you need to do x+64, y+54+18 (72), but then they are off at the design grid

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
The map in which I found this DJ YOSHITAKA - CUSTOM DRIVE
Also happens on this one seleP - Remember Me (Fxtra diff is most notable

The compose editor, you clearly see the red ring being perfectly around the red circle, right?

The design editor, here you can clearly see it's off, a lot

osu! version: 20150704cuttingedge
Happens on all builds, checked multiple resolutions (both normal and widescreen) and enabled and disabled Widescreen Support

Also, which one should I follow, the compose one or the design one?