forum

Osu transparency on main menu for supporters [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Aquamarine
I'd love to the option to make the osu symbol and button a little bit transparent to make the background look better. Not much else to say.
[Luanny]
that'd ruin the osu! logo imo.
deadbeat
i highly doubt this will be added
bwross

[Luanny PhNyx] wrote:

that'd ruin the osu! logo imo.
Well, I'd imagine that it would be settable in the skin.ini and not a specific value thrust on everyone.
Kuro
Maybe it could be transparent and then become solid when you mouse over?
or even fade out when you're AFK, leaving only the stars on the background, and then fade in when you're idle again?

In my opinion, that sounds a lot better than just having it transparent all the time :|
[Luanny]
well, this is a better idea
Saten
I love Kuro's suggestion

Fully transparent logo when in super-idle state
Then the background would be fully viewable.
Kuro

[Luanny PhNyx] wrote:

well, this is a better idea

Saten wrote:

I love Kuro's suggestion

Wow, I didn't think people would actually like my idea :o
I was just thinking off the top of my head...
Akatsuki
Actually, i like Kuro's idea a lot. Support!
Kitsunemimi

Saten wrote:

I love Kuro's suggestion

That's so redundant; you may as well pop open your favourite media player and stare at your desktop wallpaper.

I don't like this idea. As much as I love transparency, I don't like how we're making everything in the menu disappear now, and the osu! cookie is one of the main defining aspects of the top menu (along with the jukebox). Making it go away or less prominent would ruin the menu imo.

No support from me.
Mercurial

Kuro wrote:

Maybe it could be transparent and then become solid when you mouse over?
or even fade out when you're AFK, leaving only the stars on the background, and then fade in when you're idle again?

In my opinion, that sounds a lot better than just having it transparent all the time :|
Better than OP
peppy
This is one thing I don't plan on doing. Please try and work your designs around the osu! logo in a creative way instead :).
Ohrami

peppy wrote:

This is one thing I don't plan on doing. Please try and work your designs around the osu! logo in a creative way instead :).
but the problem is I wanna have cute anime girls on mine and their faces and boobs are covered up :(
What Kuro said is a good idea
Kuro
Marked invalid, eh?
Well, I offered a suggestion to make it better...
Guess it wasn't popular enough... :(
theowest

Kuro wrote:

Marked invalid, eh?
Well, I offered a suggestion to make it better...
Guess it wasn't popular enough... :(
why don't you make a new request then. slightly different from this one
Saten
Why would I use it as a media player.. (A slight movement makes the super-idle state disappear anyway.)
iirc you wont be able to do that in the future
p/764339

One of the purposes of the osu!logo is that it pulses along with the bpm of the selected map.
When paused/stop, it pulses at 60bpm (same as the clock) to no music.

Kuro's suggestion was really good, but I guess it didn't went through in the end. (or maybe just ignored because it wasn't in the OP)
Topic Starter
Aquamarine
I wasn't talking about near-full transparency. Maybe around 80% capped; enough to see a little bit of the background image.