forum

Hr Tips

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CatzerTM
So i've recently been practicing hr on 5-6* maps. still getting used to reading ar10, i can read it but not consistently as notes that have huge gaps in between them can give me a hard time reacting (cs kinda contributes to it but i'm fine with high cs maps). Are there any maps that would be good for hr as well as any tips?
XxduckpigxX
Well you can just look higher up the monitor, I don't main HR but it has helped me when I occasionally play it. If you have trouble doing that or your eyes burn if you try moving them, you can use HD.
Shawntell
another option is getting a 144hz monitor.. makes the fruits stay longer on screen so u can react better
Zephirine
Just keep playing with HR on. If CS is not the big problem for you, then it's either the AR or the patterns. For most people that are new to the mod, AR is the main problem. The only way to resolve that is to continuously play on AR10 until you are comfortable enough to start focusing on learning the patterns. Imo, this helped me learn HR though I'm nowhere near the best at the mod.

Getting a new monitor is a lame answer to this. Not everyone can just buy a new one at the drop of a hat especially in these times. Also, getting a new monitor may help them learn faster but it doesn't change the fact that they need to learn the mod. Even if they have a 240 it would be wasted if they don't actually try to learn the mod properly.
Shawntell

Zephirine wrote:

Just keep playing with HR on. If CS is not the big problem for you, then it's either the AR or the patterns. For most people that are new to the mod, AR is the main problem. The only way to resolve that is to continuously play on AR10 until you are comfortable enough to start focusing on learning the patterns. Imo, this helped me learn HR though I'm nowhere near the best at the mod.

Getting a new monitor is a lame answer to this. Not everyone can just buy a new one at the drop of a hat especially in these times. Also, getting a new monitor may help them learn faster but it doesn't change the fact that they need to learn the mod. Even if they have a 240 it would be wasted if they don't actually try to learn the mod properly.

yoo thanks for the tip! I knew that somewhere in the way "play more" will always be the answer
Zephirine
Playing more will always be the answer to improvement. It doesn't happen overnight and doesn't happen because you tweak some settings or buy some fancy peripherals or whatever. The best advice to give would be on what to play and how much playing. If you can't accept that playing more is the key to improvement, then I wish you luck in ever improving.

What to play:

To improve on HR, I recommend to try stuff that is out of your comfort zone, but not impossible for you to play either (say rains with HR or something) and add Nofail. Below rains (salads, platters) won't help much on HR as there is little to no flow when playing and (sometimes) a lot of memorisation. Rains are also where the CS starts becoming uncomfortable for a lot of nomod players (4 with HR is 5.2) though you did mention you are not bothered with CS.

How much you should play:

In my opinion, you don't need to play a crazy amount of hours a day if you want to get good at HR. It's possible, but for a lot of people this can result in mindblock (not everyone, but in general). Dedicating 1 hour on days where you have time to play (doesn't have to be every day, can be just weekends) is likely already enough to see improvement after some weeks. Also, I recommend not trying the same map too many times. When you do that, it becomes a matter of memorisation moreso than actually trying to play HR. Maybe dedicate at most 15-20 tries a map? Try not to restart too quickly either. Remember, you're playing to improve not to set scores.
I CAN FC

Zephirine wrote:

Playing more will always be the answer to improvement. It doesn't happen overnight and doesn't happen because you tweak some settings or buy some fancy peripherals or whatever. The best advice to give would be on what to play and how much playing. If you can't accept that playing more is the key to improvement, then I wish you luck in ever improving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHGgQIWDATk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1UgPHZj-zc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5d3Dv5VNBc
any comments?

and i try hr in xeno / egoistic shooter
i can read and pass it but choke was easy too
other hand, easy high combo in sardine hr but never pass