forum

[web] Shoutouts / Walls [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Keeby
Many sites I've been to implement some sort of shoutout system or wall on one's profile. This is a public discussion that you could have with friends rather than being restricted to one on one private messages. Every time you get one, you may get an alert, or not, like the achievements system already implemented. I would imagine it giving alerts, because some people may not go to the site for other than downloading some beatmaps or adding friends. Although not an urgent or large issue, when I joined osu!, I thought it would have something like this.
Nessuka

Keeby wrote:

Many sites I've been to implement some sort of shoutout system or wall on one's profile. This is a public discussion that you could have with friends rather than being restricted to one on one private messages. Every time you get one, you may get an alert, or not, like the achievements system already implemented. I would imagine it giving alerts, because some people may not go to the site for other than downloading some beatmaps or adding friends. Although not an urgent or large issue, when I joined osu!, I thought it would have something like this.
I think this would be cool, but I know many will not support this due to reasons I don't yet understand.

All in all, I support this.
theowest
I don't think this will be good for famous users, just imagine all the spam. But options such as "Friends only" could work.
deadbeat
t/93551 duplicate?
theowest
gosh how embarrassing. I should search more often.

p/1717536
good point