forum

In-game Song Folder Management [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +17
Topic Starter
Syncrocat
I've recently taken to making folders in my "osu!/songs/" folder to sort my maps in extra ways.

However, it's kinda inconvenient to have to handle the files manually >.< so I'm suggesting an in-game interface for making new song folders and moving beatmaps into them (also support for a map in more than one folder?).

No idea what I'm talking about? Here are some pictures.
What do you think? It could be very similar to the Add to Favourites (A/B) function osu already has, or slightly more comprehensive, and definitely a lot more useful ;)
Tanomoshii Nekojou
I like this... ;) ;) ;)
Keredna
If this idea gets implemented, it'll be one step towards better map search.
But imo, I feel a tag system would be much more efficient. It would also solve the map in more than one folder problem.
jemhuntr

Keredna wrote:

If this idea gets implemented, it'll be one step towards better map search.
But imo, I feel a tag system would be much more efficient. It would also solve the map in more than one folder problem.
Better... Map... Searching...? How? This just wants to have an in-game support for managing subfolders. And btw, I think this will most likely not happen since managing files from win explorer would be much more efficient for most people, including me. But anyway, I'm neutral on this.
Topic Starter
Syncrocat

Keredna wrote:

imo, I feel a tag system would be much more efficient.
While the tag system would also work quite well, it's also nice to be able to dive into your songs folder and copy all of one type of song onto a USB or the internet to share with other people :)
blissfulyoshi
I am just going to give the generic response, wait for osz2 p/861963

Pretty much a duplicate of p/861963 too.