posted
Total Posts
show more
quiz-chan_DELETED
That's some excellent flow. Nice one :P
UnderminE
Glasses m4m here, handsome

General
Add "Mezzanine" in tags, the album name.
Maybe you can add House MD in tags too?

Normal
HP Drain: 4
OD: 4 ;_;

01:24:841 (1,2) - 2 doesn't fit in that curve very well as you can see
01:38:906 - NC, mostly because it's the easiest diff
01:57:641 - drum finish, clap sounds awkward
02:19:323 - soft whistle
02:28:894 - NC
03:43:899 - NC because 9 combo too much for easiest diff

Tears
AR7 feels great <3
01:02:573 - soft whistle
01:11:363 (4) - soft whistle
01:13:512 - soft whistle
01:26:013 - soft whistle
01:26:990 - soft whistle
02:20:104 - soft whistle
02:21:667 - soft whistle
02:32:605 (8,1) - stack better
02:53:878 - NC
03:28:858 - soft whistle
03:32:960 - normal whistle? Mostly because of the previous normal-whistle

Damn how i love this song, thanks for the delicious map D33d <3
Topic Starter
D33d

UnderminE wrote:

Glasses m4m here, handsome

General
Add "Mezzanine" in tags, the album name.
Maybe you can add House MD in tags too? I hadn't even considered the tags. Too focused on the map itself. I didn't think that House would be necessary, but then I realised that people might search for the House theme.

Normal
HP Drain: 4
OD: 4 ;_; Can't believe that I hadn't lowered those settings.

01:24:841 (1,2) - 2 doesn't fit in that curve very well as you can see I managed to screw that up completely by reversing the slider and snapping the other end to the grid. Whoops.
01:38:906 - NC, mostly because it's the easiest diff Got an easier diff now and it wouldn't make sense to halve combo lengths so suddenly.
01:57:641 - drum finish, clap sounds awkward Finish would be too monotonous and there's a sharp snap in the track. Plus, I kinda like the tock-tick pattern.
02:19:323 - soft whistle There's a notable thud in the track, so this fits musically and gives a sense of momentum.
02:28:894 - NC Aaaah
03:43:899 - NC because 9 combo too much for easiest diff The end of the map was designed to get pretty intense, so I feel justfied in using longer combos.

Tears
AR7 feels great <3 Oh, I did change it to AR6, if only to make more objects visible at once. I'll probably change it back. Going 3,5,7 through each diff would make sense.
01:02:573 - soft whistle The backing figure rises first and then falls--I wanted to reflect that in the sounds.
01:11:363 (4) - soft whistle Wouldn't make sense over a kick.
01:13:512 - soft whistle Breaking the clap backbeat would feel pretty nasty.
01:26:013 - soft whistle I changed it, but decided that a drumnormal would fit better.
01:26:990 - soft whistle Not over a kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.
02:20:104 - soft whistle
02:21:667 - soft whistle
02:32:605 (8,1) - stack better This was done intentionally, because I thought that the automatic stacking would look bad with the blanket. Turns out that it doesn't after all.
02:53:878 - NC I find that drawing out the combo helps to create a sense of finality. Plus, it was a bitch to figure out how to combo this section effectively.
03:28:858 - soft whistle Doesn't fit the music.
03:32:960 - normal whistle? Mostly because of the previous normal-whistle There was a normal whistle? I must've botched something. The whistle would fit anyway, but I'm a bit tentative because it might be too startling.

Damn how i love this song, thanks for the delicious map D33d <3
Crap, guess I'm gonna have to mod again. Bug me if you don't hear back from me within a week.
JAKACHAN
I was playing around with it when I saw it posted and it feels like the timing is off. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this to you but you may want to have it checked since I'm more of a player and not a mapper.
Topic Starter
D33d

JAKACHAN wrote:

I was playing around with it when I saw it posted and it feels like the timing is off. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this to you but you may want to have it checked since I'm more of a player and not a mapper.
I feel that way too, but I still can't tell if it's my own offset or if it's different lines of the music being slightly out of time to each other. I'll keep on top of it.

Something to consider is that it's much harder to keep time in slower music. As a kit player, I know that you'll be aware of this. If it sounded odd during autoplay as well, then I can't argue with that.
JAKACHAN
Sounds much better if you ask me. I'm sure it can still be tweaked a little bit but in terms of playing I was able to actually feel it much better.

And yes I do understand about keeping time on slow songs. I hate it so much lol
Topic Starter
D33d
Phew, good. I think that it's as accurate as it needs to be, since everybody's offset will be slightly different to the millisecond. At least I realised that I didn't need that awkward BPM change for one of the sliders.
quiz-chan_DELETED
I am here because this is a map with actual common sense. Unfortunately, those are hard to find, these days.

[General]
First of all, the mp3 is way too long; after the map ended, the song still goes on for 1+ minute. You need to crop it because in its current state, 36% of it are unmapped.
But otherwise, everything seems to be shipshape.

Nice storyboard <3

[Calm]

00:44:213 - Comparing this part with 00:50:464 makes me want to suggest to turn the circles from the former section to sliders as well. Just for not making the balance between both parts rubbish. It is just senseless in my opinion: to have circles every stanza in the first place and then all of a sudden, smack 1/1 sliders in there. Yer know what I'm saying?
01:27:969 (1) - w00t
02:28:890 (5) - I don't see the sense of putting a sliderpath whistle here. If you ask me, it is sudden and random, and also, it doesn't even make sense when listening to the song itself: I cannot hear ANYTHING that resembles that whistle in the least. Erase it, please.
03:32:957 (1) - I am not saying the whistle doesn't fit, but it really is darn loud. Can't you use a more silent sample, instead?
04:01:086 (5) - Also, I see the sense in this sliderpath whistle, but really, these are way too loud.

This is how it's done. Nice job.

[Sorrow]

01:18:593 (1,2,3) - Nice idea. But honestly, Normal sampleset for (3)'s head sounds just wrong IMO. Can't you adapt it somehow?
02:46:061 (1) - I think, this blanket can be improved by moving the last node one grid up.
03:32:957 (1) - Same what I told you about loud whistles. Consider changing this, really.
04:02:062 (3) - You could add a sliderpath whistle when you have a suitable sample for it. Also helps with consistency among the mapset.

Not bad, not bad. *insert Obama's meme here*

[Tears]
I dunno, I somehow think the AR feels fast. No idea...

02:33:572 (1,2) - I'd use manual stacking since (1) isn't caught by (9 (blanket)) properly.
03:12:641 (4) - I think, the drumwhistle just came in randomly. I'd suggest a drumclap instead, just like you did before.
03:23:581 (1,2,3,4) - Even if these were supposed the follow rhythm or vocals, they failed at both. I'd suggest rhythmically adjusting them because I think, not all of them follow something properly.
03:31:590 (5) - Loud sliderwhistle blahblah.
03:32:957 (3) - Loud whistle blahblah... xP
04:02:062 (6,7) - Loud blahblah. Do I have to say more? xD

Look at this diff, this diff is amazing. Give it a lick - it just tastes like D33d-sense.

GO FOR IT!!
Topic Starter
D33d

Quiz-chan wrote:

I am here because this is a map with actual common sense. Unfortunately, those are hard to find, these days.

[General]
First of all, the mp3 is way too long; after the map ended, the song still goes on for 1+ minute. You need to crop it because in its current state, 36% of it are unmapped.
But otherwise, everything seems to be shipshape.

Nice storyboard <3 Thanks. :3 Also, I'm aware of the massive space. I'm still thinking that it could be nice to let the player sit and enjoy the music, if they really want to.

[Calm]

00:44:213 - Comparing this part with 00:50:464 makes me want to suggest to turn the circles from the former section to sliders as well. Just for not making the balance between both parts rubbish. It is just senseless in my opinion: to have circles every stanza in the first place and then all of a sudden, smack 1/1 sliders in there. Yer know what I'm saying? I compromised by turning the sliders into a two-beat wave. Considering the difficulty curve in relation to [Sorrow], there needs to be less activity. Novices tend to struggle more with sliders, especially at the start (as far as I know).
01:27:969 (1) - w00t Yea boi
02:28:890 (5) - I don't see the sense of putting a sliderpath whistle here. If you ask me, it is sudden and random, and also, it doesn't even make sense when listening to the song itself: I cannot hear ANYTHING that resembles that whistle in the least. Erase it, please. WHO IS THIS SLIDERWHISTLE AND WHY IS IT IN MY PROPERTY?
03:32:957 (1) - I am not saying the whistle doesn't fit, but it really is darn loud. Can't you use a more silent sample, instead? I added it after Umey suggested it, with the reservation that it's probably too loud. I'm going to soften the sample or lower the overall hitsound volume.
04:01:086 (5) - Also, I see the sense in this sliderpath whistle, but really, these are way too loud. Oh I think I know what I did. I added a whistle here to pad things out for intensity, then copied this slider for earlier in the map. Again, I'll see if I can soften the sample.

This is how it's done. Nice job. High kicks, high kicks, this is how we dooo it.

[Sorrow]

01:18:593 (1,2,3) - Nice idea. But honestly, Normal sampleset for (3)'s head sounds just wrong IMO. Can't you adapt it somehow? At the start of a section, a softfinish without much behind it is lacking in impetus. However, I put drumnormals behind (2) and then I used hitnormal-drumwhistle on (3). Normal-hitnormal really doesn't cut through that much.
02:46:061 (1) - I think, this blanket can be improved by moving the last node one grid up. I kind of tried to fix this while keeping the spacing consistent, but... I'm trying to keep the spacing consistent, so it's still not perfect. That'll require a lot more fiddling at some other time.
03:32:957 (1) - Same what I told you about loud whistles. Consider changing this, really. peppy or mm should really soften the default whistle... Like they did for osu!stream.
04:02:062 (3) - You could add a sliderpath whistle when you have a suitable sample for it. Also helps with consistency among the mapset. If I can be arsed, I'll make some kind of nice sample or just soften the default whistle.

Not bad, not bad. *insert Obama's meme here*

[Tears]
I dunno, I somehow think the AR feels fast. No idea... It was 6 at first. I think that I prefer it at 6. Damn you people.

02:33:572 (1,2) - I'd use manual stacking since (1) isn't caught by (9 (blanket)) properly. Urgh, what--oh right. Why didn't I do this in the first place?
03:12:641 (4) - I think, the drumwhistle just came in randomly. I'd suggest a drumclap instead, just like you did before. Fucking inconsistence. No, I think that the drumwhistle complements the sound in the track really nicely.
03:23:581 (1,2,3,4) - Even if these were supposed the follow rhythm or vocals, they failed at both. I'd suggest rhythmically adjusting them because I think, not all of them follow something properly. What? They fit just fine. The only slight discrepancy is the end of (4), but it still lands on a soft thump from that lead-in throbbing pattern which isn't quite a kick. I.e. the end's slightly overmapped, but it works well enough with the flow and pattern.
03:31:590 (5) - Loud sliderwhistle blahblah. I still don't know how/why a slidertrack whistle existed there.
03:32:957 (3) - Loud whistle blahblah... xP I'll still see if I can soften it or something.
04:02:062 (6,7) - Loud blahblah. Do I have to say more? xD LOUD NOISES !!

Look at this diff, this diff is amazing. Give it a lick - it just tastes like D33d-sense.

GO FOR IT!!
Thank you very much. That was a nice mod.
Kareov
Hello this is my poor mod.

[Tears]
02:53:874 (1) - why not nc ;w;
03:00:140 (3) - Normal clap was so weird,soft plz :3
03:25:144 (3) - nonono normal

[Calm]
01:27:969 (1) - long sliders are sex
02:50:749 (4) - remove whstle
04:01:086 (5) - soft finsh

[Sorrow]
01:31:094 (1) - x:392 y:24
02:20:295 (5) - ah,spacing problem
04:02:062 (3) - so sexy

sorry for my poor mod,star.
Zeraph
i checked this out after you asked a while ago. i'm not much of a nazi for hitsounds or like perfect looking patterns etc. so i really couldn't find anything wrong in the mapset.
GL getting this ranked was fun to play. would star but -1 kudosu~~~~~
biboku
Calm:
02:44:498 - NC (looks cooler then just 1,2,3,4 imo)
02:47:624 - ^
02:50:749 - ^

~

Sorrow:

02:29:476 (7) - NC?
02:53:874 (5) - NC? (sorry for nazi) ;;

~

Tears:

01:38:908 (6) - n-new combo s-senpai >///<

w/e idk how to mod bye
Topic Starter
D33d

Kareov wrote:

Hello this is my poor mod.

[Tears]
02:53:874 (1) - why not nc ;w; Combo rotations, i.e. keeping them consistent and not looking strange.
03:00:140 (3) - Normal clap was so weird,soft plz :3 The normal clap goes over the soft crack in the track.
03:25:144 (3) - nonono normal Okay fine, I made it a drumwhistle.

[Calm]
01:27:969 (1) - long sliders are sex
02:50:749 (4) - remove whstle No. It occurs over the beep in the track.
04:01:086 (5) - soft finsh This ended on a normal finish to avoid repetition, but I changed some other hitsounds instead.

[Sorrow]
01:31:094 (1) - x:392 y:24 I don't know how I missed that.
02:20:295 (5) - ah,spacing problem I guess it was.
04:02:062 (3) - so sexy

sorry for my poor mod,star.

biboku wrote:

Calm:
02:44:498 - NC (looks cooler then just 1,2,3,4 imo) That would screw up the comboing and the followpoints are there to guide the player through the pattern.
02:47:624 - ^
02:50:749 - ^

~

Sorrow:

02:29:476 (7) - NC? I don't even know what you're pointing out here, but I don't think that anything needs to be detached in this section.
02:53:874 (5) - NC? (sorry for nazi) ;; That would mess up the combo rotation and add a sudden new combo for no reason.

~

Tears:

01:38:908 (6) - n-new combo s-senpai >///< Breaking off another combo doesn't make much sense to me here either.

w/e idk how to mod bye
Sorry for denying everything, but thanks for the input anyway.
Foxi
I can't tell you just how much I love this map. It's that great. Can't wait for it to get ranked! Best of luck! :D ~IE
Kenezz
Hi D33d a million years without make a mod so I hope make this good. If I make this good make me a son maybe?

[General]
  1. The commas in the tags are necessary? Just saying.
  2. I'm a bit worried because in taiko mod don't hear anything, this is normal? I'm noob in taiko so idk how this works.
[Calm]
  1. 00:47:339 (1) - Maybe this could be absurd but place a finish instead clap here (You know taiko's gay stuff and consistency with the others diffs).
  2. 01:35:782 (1,2,1,2) - HMMM this pattern don't convince me, the way how the sliders ends is for me a bit abrupt, try a 1/1 sliders instead, maybe the 3/4 slider could work but here 01:37:345 http://puu.sh/4sKTP.jpg.
  3. 02:11:700 (1,2,1,2) - I prefer this pattern invert (ctrl+h,ctrl+j) In addition center the circles in the y axis, and now... (continue in the next point)
  4. 02:18:732 (3) - ...Center this to make a cute blanket.
  5. 02:32:010 (1,2,1,2) - The same thing here, remember this is just a suggestion.
  6. 03:43:896 - The 1.01 SV cause curious in me, why did you use this?
  7. 04:01:086 (5) - I'm not sure if a new combo is convenient here.
Nice easy diff, I like it!

[Sorrow]
  1. 01:58:417 (4) - Why you don't use just a circle here like the previous pattern? I really prefer just a circle, the way you follow the voice before induces to follow the voice here too.
  2. 02:02:324 (1) - In this part I prefer something similar to 03:04:828 (Two sliders).
  3. 02:29:476 (7) - Reduce 1/4 the length of the slider, move it 1/4 forward and place a circle in this point, just saying cuz I prefer follow the heart beats.
  4. 02:48:014 (5) - Remove the drum sampleset, auto it's okay like the previous pattern.
Another nice diff here.

[Tears]
  1. 02:29:476 (8) - For me the whistle at the end don't fits good, maybe remove it?
  2. 02:33:572 (1,2) - Aesthetic issue, stack this circles properly.
  3. 02:44:498 (1) - Considers delete the whistle here, another whistle coming in the next circle so I think this one is needless. (If you add, apply the changes in the others diffs)
  4. 03:54:054 (11) - Missing soft clap at the end (?
  5. 04:03:430 (7) - Remove the whistle of the slidertrack here, sounds loud and weirdo.
Nothing more to add, is just clean and purrr-fect.

Well It's all, maybe I miss something, a long time without make a mod reduces my moddings skills :dies:
The map is very clean and good, for me it's ready.
I hope to helps you, good luck D33d!
Topic Starter
D33d

Kenezz wrote:

Hi D33d a million years without make a mod so I hope make this good. If I make this good make me a son maybe?

[General]
  1. The commas in the tags are necessary? Just saying.
  2. I'm a bit worried because in taiko mod don't hear anything, this is normal? I'm noob in taiko so idk how this works.
[Calm]
  1. 00:47:339 (1) - Maybe this could be absurd but place a finish instead clap here (You know taiko's gay stuff and consistency with the others diffs). It's certainly better when a lone circle needs to be more powerful. Changed.
  2. 01:35:782 (1,2,1,2) - HMMM this pattern don't convince me, the way how the sliders ends is for me a bit abrupt, try a 1/1 sliders instead, maybe the 3/4 slider could work but here 01:37:345 http://puu.sh/4sKTP.jpg. I would, but it'd feel monotonous in relation to the patterns before it. It also foreshadows similar patterns later in the song.
  3. 02:11:700 (1,2,1,2) - I prefer this pattern invert (ctrl+h,ctrl+j) In addition center the circles in the y axis, and now... (continue in the next point)
  4. 02:18:732 (3) - ...Center this to make a cute blanket.
  5. 02:32:010 (1,2,1,2) - The same thing here, remember this is just a suggestion.
  6. 03:43:896 - The 1.01 SV cause curious in me, why did you use this? Oh, you're new to my tricks. I use tiny SV changes to make sliders fit in very specific constraints e.g. blankets.
  7. 04:01:086 (5) - I'm not sure if a new combo is convenient here. I could be wrong, but as it's the song's climax and it's the final pattern, the comboing should be appropriate--especially since it's consistent with the other diffs. I might break it off for the sake of novices.
Nice easy diff, I like it!

[Sorrow]
  1. 01:58:417 (4) - Why you don't use just a circle here like the previous pattern? I really prefer just a circle, the way you follow the voice before induces to follow the voice here too. Oh. I was probably trying too hard to follow Tears. This works much better.
  2. 02:02:324 (1) - In this part I prefer something similar to 03:04:828 (Two sliders). Nah, I only added the extra sliders to create a snse of progression. Using them here, the slider's end feels much stronger over the end of the phrase.
  3. 02:29:476 (7) - Reduce 1/4 the length of the slider, move it 1/4 forward and place a circle in this point, just saying cuz I prefer follow the heart beats. I would, but it and the slider in Tears are emphasising that midbass thump in the track. It's a consistent feature in the maps.
  4. 02:48:014 (5) - Remove the drum sampleset, auto it's okay like the previous pattern. There's really no need. :P It was insurance anyway.

Another nice diff here.

[Tears]
  1. 02:29:476 (8) - For me the whistle at the end don't fits good, maybe remove it? I think that I used it to lead into the next section, but I agree with you.
  2. 02:33:572 (1,2) - Aesthetic issue, stack this circles properly. No. An automatic stack would jut out awkwardly and look uneven against the arc.
  3. 02:44:498 (1) - Considers delete the whistle here, another whistle coming in the next circle so I think this one is needless. (If you add, apply the changes in the others diffs) Shoulda mentioned it for the other diffs as well, but all of the softwhistles are following a faint peep in the track.
  4. 03:54:054 (11) - Missing soft clap at the end (? Why would I put a soft clap? If you meant a drum clap, the other one was for variance and progression only.
  5. 04:03:430 (7) - Remove the whistle of the slidertrack here, sounds loud and weirdo. Strange. I keep missing these and they're not audible for me in this map, even though I have sliderwhistles in my skin.
Nothing more to add, is just clean and purrr-fect.

Well It's all, maybe I miss something, a long time without make a mod reduces my moddings skills :dies:
The map is very clean and good, for me it's ready.
I hope to helps you, good luck D33d!
Thanks for dropping by! Glad you enjoyed it.
Zerer_old
Yo D33d

General
Love the storyboard. One of the few maps where I actually might leave that on for a change. Also a wise idea not to make an Insane for this, that would've been unnecessary exaggeration.

Calm
01:17:030 (3) - this should end on a white tick, sounds better. I know where you were coming from making it end on a blue tick though, but that just didn't sound right to me.
02:02:324 (1,2) - These two just look off to me. Perhaps something like this maybe?
03:04:828 (1,2) - ^
03:23:581 (1,1) - Loved this.

Great diff, nice work.

Sorrow
00:50:464 (1,2) - these two don't blanket each other well, I suggest editing the bottom slider for a cleaner look.
02:06:426 (2) - It might be a stupid idea, but I'd space this note a liiiittle bit more to the right. One grid3 square, two at the very max. Plays better imo.

That was all I could find. Once again, very clean, nice job.

Tears
01:53:729 (2) - Hmm... This is tricky, not sure if you can fix this and its definitely nitpicking on my part, but this blanket isn't right. Not a big issue, but just letting you know, in case you want to fix it.
02:10:919 (4) - move this sliderend one grid4 square to the left
02:13:263 (3) - ^and the sliderstart one to the left
02:15:607 (2) - ^
02:12:481 (2) - move this sliderend one grid4 square to the right
02:52:312 (5) - nc
03:53:272 (1) - ^
03:56:398 (1) - ^
03:59:523 (6) - ^
02:54:460 (7,8) - ctrl + g? unless you intended it so, both would work but reverse would be better imo
03:31:590 (5) - I'm not sure about this slider, it fits rhythmically but still sounds a bit off to me. Regardless, I feel as though the spacing between this and 03:31:199 (4) - is too small. I know why you placed it there, but I feel as though it needs bigger spacing.
04:01:086 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I think you missed this somehow, but these notes suddenly use the Normal sampleset.

Once again, great diff. Modding this was hard. My brain hurts.

Not too much of a mod, I really had to nitpick to find any actual issues with this mapset. Hope this helps, and good luck getting this ranked!
Topic Starter
D33d

Zerer wrote:

Yo D33d

General
Love the storyboard. One of the few maps where I actually might leave that on for a change. Also a wise idea not to make an Insane for this, that would've been unnecessary exaggeration.

Calm
01:17:030 (3) - this should end on a white tick, sounds better. I know where you were coming from making it end on a blue tick though, but that just didn't sound right to me. Definitely agreed.
02:02:324 (1,2) - These two just look off to me. Perhaps something like this maybe? I'd much prefer the rise and fall.
03:04:828 (1,2) - ^
03:23:581 (1,1) - Loved this.

Great diff, nice work.

Sorrow
00:50:464 (1,2) - these two don't blanket each other well, I suggest editing the bottom slider for a cleaner look. Wasn't intended. I wanted them to be identical and aligned. Maybe I could flatten them in order to make the crescent gap less obvious.
02:06:426 (2) - It might be a stupid idea, but I'd space this note a liiiittle bit more to the right. One grid3 square, two at the very max. Plays better imo. It's already a slight jump, so making it a proper jump... I dunno, the consistent 1/2 gap feels more important and it still retains the symmetry.

That was all I could find. Once again, very clean, nice job.

Tears
01:53:729 (2) - Hmm... This is tricky, not sure if you can fix this and its definitely nitpicking on my part, but this blanket isn't right. Not a big issue, but just letting you know, in case you want to fix it. Practically speaking, there really isn't anything I can do about this.
02:10:919 (4) - move this sliderend one grid4 square to the left Sure, I guess.
02:13:263 (3) - ^and the sliderstart one to the left
02:15:607 (2) - ^
02:12:481 (2) - move this sliderend one grid4 square to the right This always bugged me, but I was too lazy to fix it. By the way, "make this pattern blanket better" would've saved you a lot of typing.
02:52:312 (5) - nc I yielded and pulled off some sick iNiS comboing. Yeah that's right.
03:53:272 (1) - ^
03:56:398 (1) - ^
03:59:523 (6) - ^ I really don't think that I need to and it'd make the comboing inconsistent.
02:54:460 (7,8) - ctrl + g? unless you intended it so, both would work but reverse would be better imo The slight jump adds a bit of impact, feels directionally better for the intended feel and gets the end of the combo well out of the way of the next.
03:31:590 (5) - I'm not sure about this slider, it fits rhythmically but still sounds a bit off to me. Regardless, I feel as though the spacing between this and 03:31:199 (4) - is too small. I know why you placed it there, but I feel as though it needs bigger spacing. It makes sense and the spacing's exactly as it should be. However, I need to remember to turn this into a proper angled line pattern, instead of the boring grid/satirical 15-degree grid.
04:01:086 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I think you missed this somehow, but these notes suddenly use the Normal sampleset. Of course, it's following the heightened emphasis in the vocals. I may add some variance to the sounds, depending on how inspired I feel.

Once again, great diff. Modding this was hard. My brain hurts.

Not too much of a mod, I really had to nitpick to find any actual issues with this mapset. Hope this helps, and good luck getting this ranked!
Thanks for your time, but don't make a habit of being picky for the sake of writing more--you'll burn out and not everybody likes reading it. I love it, so don't worry about it in my case.
Soaprman
[General]

The mapset is beautifully cohesive. Each difficulty feels like it's the same map. Well done!

I like that you mapped that little part before the break around 2:36. It's a "feels right" sort of thing.

[Calm]

03:20:456 (1) - The center of the track goes off of the grid. Still fully on-screen on 4:3 though so probably not an issue. In fact, I really hope it isn't because using the whole screen for big sliders rules.
03:23:581 (1) - Ditto.

03:32:957 (1) - This is the tiniest bit off-center. I only noticed it while in the editor though.

[Sorrow]
04:02:062 (3) - I believe that's the only default whistle I've heard in this map... sounds kind of goofy.

[Tears]

01:31:094 (1,2,3,4,5) - These seem so rigid compared to everything else in the map. Maybe try coming up with something else that still flows nicely from 01:30:313 (3).

01:34:220 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Same with these, kinda.

02:33:572 (1,2) - Some kind of weird manual stacking going on here. Accident? It looks fine in game but stands out in the editor.

02:54:460 (7,8) - I'd say to flip these, but the hitsound on 8 being different from the hitsound on 4 makes this look intentional. But you didn't do this the same way on Sorrow so hm. Your call.

03:23:581 (1,2,3,4) - This formation was particularly fun to play for some reason!

03:31:199 (4,5) - The spacing here is right, but I expected this to be a jump while playing and missed. Totally my fault for not reading the map right, but I felt my expectation was natural enough that I'd point this out just in case.

03:59:523 (6,7,8,9,10) - Maybe arrange these in a pentagon/flower shape? This formation isn't seen anywhere else in the map and it looks a bit out of place.

[End]

That's about all I can come up with for now. Hopefully there's a useful thing or two in there!
Topic Starter
D33d

Soaprman wrote:

[General]

The mapset is beautifully cohesive. Each difficulty feels like it's the same map. Well done!

I like that you mapped that little part before the break around 2:36. It's a "feels right" sort of thing.

[Calm]

03:20:456 (1) - The center of the track goes off of the grid. Still fully on-screen on 4:3 though so probably not an issue. In fact, I really hope it isn't because using the whole screen for big sliders rules. Things leaving the grid is completely inconsequential when the sliders stay on-screen and only a horrible pedant like Shiirn would actually complain about it. I know that you're not complaining, so it's cool.
03:23:581 (1) - Ditto.

03:32:957 (1) - This is the tiniest bit off-center. I only noticed it while in the editor though. SV changes and midpoint fiddling don't fix this, so it's fundamentally impossible. This has always been a problem with big circle sliders.

[Sorrow]
04:02:062 (3) - I believe that's the only default whistle I've heard in this map... sounds kind of goofy. It's the song's climax and I can't think of a better way to hitsound the pattern. It sounds "out of place," but in a logical way.

[Tears]

01:31:094 (1,2,3,4,5) - These seem so rigid compared to everything else in the map. Maybe try coming up with something else that still flows nicely from 01:30:313 (3). This was really so that the section had more momentum, but you're right. They're kinda boring too.

01:34:220 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Same with these, kinda. I think that these work.

02:33:572 (1,2) - Some kind of weird manual stacking going on here. Accident? It looks fine in game but stands out in the editor. Yes, I intended it. It keeps the top of the stack in line with the other objects.

02:54:460 (7,8) - I'd say to flip these, but the hitsound on 8 being different from the hitsound on 4 makes this look intentional. But you didn't do this the same way on Sorrow so hm. Your call. It's an intended jump/downwards motion an it keeps an obvious gap before the next combo, so I'm keeping this in a deliberate way. Stronger ending and all that.

03:23:581 (1,2,3,4) - This formation was particularly fun to play for some reason! It kind of skips across the screen with a notable push. I was pleased with this.

03:31:199 (4,5) - The spacing here is right, but I expected this to be a jump while playing and missed. Totally my fault for not reading the map right, but I felt my expectation was natural enough that I'd point this out just in case. I think that the whole section sucks and I only did it as a grid because I thought the rigidity might help with pacing. It just feels boring to me now and I'll do something else. It was actually upright, but then I rotated it by fifteen degrees for a laugh.

03:59:523 (6,7,8,9,10) - Maybe arrange these in a pentagon/flower shape? This formation isn't seen anywhere else in the map and it looks a bit out of place. It was basically for the sake of variance and a more harsh flow, but it makes more sense to repeat the pentagon. Yeah why not.

[End]

That's about all I can come up with for now. Hopefully there's a useful thing or two in there!
Thank you.
NotShinta
Refreshingly pleasant map, feels very much like it's trying to be too piNiS-slow-map at times but becomes kind of Larto-trying-the-same (these are my two frames of reference for mapping, yes) at the part I'd call the bridge.

Generally:
02:30:452 through to 02:36:698 - I like what you're doing here and the map certain isn't intense enough to require it, but it could probably be a break more naturally, especially since there are no stylistic differences in the song between this and the actual break section.
--- Your difficulty names are also strange, nouns mixed in with abstract hyperbole and general mood descriptors. Might I suggest "Rest / Safe / Hectic'? (that was a silly joke that nobody's around to understand; is it a joke at all, then?)

Sorrow:
03:30:222 (2,3,4,5,6) - This is pretty closely packed and I don't think I like the look of it, especially built around the centre

Tears:
03:31:199 (4,5,6) - I didn't think I liked this in terms of actual placement of beats but messing around I've got nothing better, so I'm just being aNaL of patterns as normal. It just doesn't suit the rest of the map or the song to backtrack like this, so even if you kept straight sliders I'd move it around.
03:33:152 (4,5,6) - okay yes it looks ugly, the parallels with the bits sticking out of the end is not good so if you applied my advice above I'd work from there

I think any moments of awkwardness I'm overlooking comes from a strange (but highly respectable) choice of song for mapping I only had 5 minutes to look over it though so yeah

Even if you found this the most helpful post don't kudosu it you're wrong

(what's a 'qualified' map?)
Topic Starter
D33d

NotShinta wrote:

Refreshingly pleasant map, feels very much like it's trying to be too piNiS-slow-map at times but becomes kind of Larto-trying-the-same (these are my two frames of reference for mapping, yes) at the part I'd call the bridge.

Generally:
02:30:452 through to 02:36:698 - I like what you're doing here and the map certain isn't intense enough to require it, but it could probably be a break more naturally, especially since there are no stylistic differences in the song between this and the actual break section. I did this as a stylistic and gameplay touch, to create a sense of progression. I dunno, it makes sense to me.
--- Your difficulty names are also strange, nouns mixed in with abstract hyperbole and general mood descriptors. Might I suggest "Rest / Safe / Hectic'? (that was a silly joke that nobody's around to understand; is it a joke at all, then?) Cost you to me quiet!

Sorrow:
03:30:222 (2,3,4,5,6) - This is pretty closely packed and I don't think I like the look of it, especially built around the centre I dunno, I think it works on a functional level. It's supposed to be an intense build, hence the density.

Tears:
03:31:199 (4,5,6) - I didn't think I liked this in terms of actual placement of beats but messing around I've got nothing better, so I'm just being aNaL of patterns as normal. It just doesn't suit the rest of the map or the song to backtrack like this, so even if you kept straight sliders I'd move it around.
03:33:152 (4,5,6) - okay yes it looks ugly, the parallels with the bits sticking out of the end is not good so if you applied my advice above I'd work from there Okay, yes, I'm definitely going to rework the whole thing.

I think any moments of awkwardness I'm overlooking comes from a strange (but highly respectable) choice of song for mapping I only had 5 minutes to look over it though so yeah

Even if you found this the most helpful post don't kudosu it you're wrong

(what's a 'qualified' map?)
Aurele
holy shit it's NotShinta
Silverboxer
I promised I would mod this but god damn it D33d, it's pretty much perfect. I'll keep looking at this map until I find stuff to post here as an excuse for a mod.
such mod wow
[Calm]
01:18:593 (1,2) - ctrl + g here. Better flow and more consistent distance snap
02:02:324 (1,2) - This could flow better. Maybe ctrl + j on the second slider?
02:57:014 (2) - add repeat and adjust next slider
03:04:828 (1,2) - This could also flow better, but ctrl + j won't work here obviously.
03:20:456 (1,1) - Beautiful sliders, but going that far off of the screen might be a problem.

[Sorrow]
00:50:464 (1,2) - These don't blanket properly.
00:53:589 (1,2,3) -This whole combo is slightly off-center (assuming you want these centered like in Calm)
01:09:216 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - Some circles are all the way in the corner, and this can flow better. It feels slightly back and forth.
03:14:204 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - Same as above.
01:37:931 (3,4) - switch positions

[Tears]
01:34:220 (1) - 01:39:103 (7) - I'm not a big fan of this (whatever this is called) but I have no suggestions for this part.
02:30:452 (1,2,3,4,5) - Why not do this?
The rest of this difficulty is the back and forth circle stuff I'm not very fond of, but I don't think there's anything that needs to be fixed.

Amazing map D33d.
Topic Starter
D33d

silverboxer wrote:

I promised I would mod this but god damn it D33d, it's pretty much perfect. I'll keep looking at this map until I find stuff to post here as an excuse for a mod.
such mod wow
[Calm]
01:18:593 (1,2) - ctrl + g here. Better flow and more consistent distance snapThis would create a fairly large jump onto the wave slider. I wouldn't even flip the slider, because I want a profound directional change between combos.
02:02:324 (1,2) - This could flow better. Maybe ctrl + j on the second slider? The resulting jump wouldn't do much harm, but I wanted a zigzag motion between the arcs.
02:57:014 (2) - add repeat and adjust next slider I don't like having short reverse sliders in easy. It's a bit sudden and could possibly trip the player up--after all, I am making a very low-tier mapset. I also wanted to leave ample space between vocal phrases.
03:04:828 (1,2) - This could also flow better, but ctrl + j won't work here obviously. Same flow reasons as before, but I can always change these patterns if I feel like it.
03:20:456 (1,1) - Beautiful sliders, but going that far off of the screen might be a problem. They only go off the grid, which is completely harmless when they're not offscreen during gameplay.

[Sorrow]
00:50:464 (1,2) - These don't blanket properly. They're not supposed to--I wanted both sliders to play identically. I would move them further apart, but then I'd be destroying the flow from and into the other patterns.
00:53:589 (1,2,3) -This whole combo is slightly off-center (assuming you want these centered like in Calm) I must've spent a solid half-hour making sure that the sliders in this section stayed in a perfect, circular structure. Moving the sliders slightly off the axes was completely necessary for this.
01:09:216 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - Some circles are all the way in the corner, and this can flow better. It feels slightly back and forth. back and forth is entirely the point. However, I'm aware that the score overlapping gets a bit ugly. I will try to figure out a way to avoid that, but Im' not promising anything.
03:14:204 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - Same as above.
01:37:931 (3,4) - switch positions The pattern's supposed to fall and then pop back up with the drums. Switching the circles would also compromise flow and spacing.

[Tears]
01:34:220 (1) - 01:39:103 (7) - I'm not a big fan of this (whatever this is called) but I have no suggestions for this part. I'm assuming that you dislike the backtracking flow. I might turn some of these into the stacks, but the structure of the pattern is important--a fuller version of this pattern occurs towards the end.
02:30:452 (1,2,3,4,5) - Why not do this?

(4) would overlap with the sliderend. Having said that, I'm not too keen on how lopsided the pattern is. Then again, the balance is completed somewhat by having the following combo occur on the left of the screen. I don't know what I could do here.

The rest of this difficulty is the back and forth circle stuff I'm not very fond of, but I don't think there's anything that needs to be fixed.

Amazing map D33d.
While I've denied most of it, there are a few of your points which I'll consider later, ergo the post was useful.
narakucrimson
Here I am!
There isn't much I can really help with in this mapset, just a few points worth mentioning:

[General]

• SB:
  1. The pulses bro, the pulses. They are too fast, and that doesn't really help with the general feeling of the map. I'd try extending the duration to a full tick, instead of half. That should give the map a more "groovy" feeling.

[Calm]
  1. Okay at first glance, what I noticed was that the hitsounds sounded weird on the intro. There wasn't much consistency overall, or at least they didn't fit according to my particular standards. To attain more consistency, I strongly suggest:
    1. 00:50:464 (1) -Using a Drum finish in the head of the slider.
    2. 00:56:715 (1) - Using a Soft finish in the head of the slider
    I don't really normally focus on the hitsounds. Still, I think you could polish this aspect a tad more - at least in the intro section(s). The rest sound pretty well!
  2. 01:19:374 (2) - Particularily, this finish here doesn't really fit imho, you lose emphasis on the previous circle, which is in a stronger note. Removing the finish should suffice.
  3. 02:32:010 (1,2) - I do believe that placing these two like this and then the next following (1,2) exactly the same but symmectrical on the y-axis plays a little smoother, and also you're adding some placement variety to the map:
[Sorrow]
  1. 00:47:339 (1) - Check your hitsounds in [Calm]. Not only are they not consistent (on the downbeats), but also I believe they worked better in [Calm]. Consider changing them here. This applies to [Tears] as well.
  2. 00:53:199 (3,1) - Somehow, I think this would play more nicely if (1) was flipped horizontally. The thing is, if you flip (1) you'd have to flip THE bunch of elements that come after it as well (the circle patterns) which doesn't have a nice result. So instead, you could flip the whole intro, that is: 00:44:213 (1,2,1,2,3,1,2,3) -.
    You could also take the chance to move (3) to the position (x,y)=(360,124). I think that helps with the flow IF you applied the flip mentioned earlier.
[Tears]
  1. 02:33:572 (1,2) - I understand the idea here but just lol, I don't even think it's necessary hahaha
That's all I can say. The map overall looks really solid!

Good luck!
Topic Starter
D33d
I responded to naraku via IRC ages ago, but I might as well acknowledge it publicly as well.

CHANGES: Most of the mod, including:

Storyboard fixes--I've extended the pulse duration by 1.5, reduced its intensity and reduced the opacity of the other effects.

Hitsound issues--I've changed some throughout the spread, in order to maintain consistence.

I''ve flipped the very beginning of Sorrow, so as to flow more smoothly into the circle section and keep the circle section flowing nicely into the meat of the song.

I've removed the manual stacking, as it isn't needed after all.

NOT CHANGED:

I've not applied the suggested pattern change for Calm, because I had a different flow idea in mind for it.

I've not changed some differing hitsounds in Calm, because the reduced object density means that I have to make the hitsounds flow differently. I've removed the repeating soft finishes as well.

Thank you for the mod.
Raiku
raiku mod!

[General]

- Resurrect the damn map so I can star it!

- If you aren't planning on implementing an animated storyboard, consider unchecking widescreen support in song setup -> design.

[Calm]

01:18:593 (1,2,3) - I felt you should make the head and tail end of 3 square with 1 and 2 (http://puu.sh/7294A.jpg).

01:35:782 (1) - I'm not sure how I feel about how this slider is timed, you could argue that this sort of timing could be an introduction to compound timing for beginners, but then again it IS a 1/2 star map, so in my opinion I suggest this alternative
or something similar (http://puu.sh/729b8.jpg).

01:37:345 (2) - This note is off screen for certain screen users, so consider moving it up a touch.

01:38:908 (1) - I do feel the same way about this as I did at 01:35:782 but then I suppose its up to you and I think it adds variety.

02:24:202 (1,2,3,4,5) - Move this combo up a little to avoid aforementioned
screen issue (http://puu.sh/729v7.jpg).

03:56:398 (1,2,3,4,5) - Same here (http://puu.sh/729Ev.jpg).

[Sorrow]

00:50:073 (3,1) - I personally suggest lining 3 up with the head of slider 1 like so (http://puu.sh/729Iz.jpg).

00:53:199 (3) - I recommend lining this up better between 2 and 1. You only need to adjust it a touch (http://puu.sh/729P6.jpg).
Alternatively you could do the polar opposite and place it dead center as you have with the next note in that slider pattern, you even get a nice cozy blanket out of it with no overlaps (http://puu.sh/72cht.jpg).

01:09:216 (1,2,3,4,5) - I strongly suggest aiming the tail of slider 1 towards 2 a little more precisely to enhance the flow as well as moving 2,3 and 4,5 up 3 notches on grid level 3 to move them on to the screen a little more (http://puu.sh/72cyE.jpg).

01:12:342 (1) - I recommend aiming the tail of this slider towards the next note too for improved flow (http://puu.sh/72cEa.jpg).

01:38:908 (5) - Possibly a new combo here to accentuate the break in the vocals?

01:57:050 (2) - I suggest placing this note center of screen to create the continuity where you've used this pattern
before (http://puu.sh/72cOM.jpg). Alternatively you could place it here (http://puu.sh/72cSD.jpg). This all being said, I do see why you would have placed this here because of its timing, but it does look pretty in the suggestions :D

02:30:452 (8) - I feel this note looks and plays better flow wise if placed directly in line with the
exit direction of the slider (http://puu.sh/72d4e.jpg).

02:59:554 (2) - I suggest messing around with this note similar to 01:57:050. You could even create a blanket
like in this alternative (http://puu.sh/72dd4.jpg).

03:12:055 (2) - Maybe here too? Again sorry if you feel it's better there for timing/spacing reasons, I understand that.

03:14:204 (1,2,3) - As aforementioned, I suggest moving 2 and 3 up a touch and aiming the tail end of 1 towards them
for enhanced flow (http://puu.sh/72dpT.jpg).

03:17:329 (1) - Similarly, here. No need to move the stack down though as it remains on screen (http://puu.sh/72dwD.jpg).

03:25:144 (3) - Perhaps you could make this slider have a SLIGHTLY more acute curve to flow into 4 better (http://puu.sh/72dAo.jpg). Also it would mean slider 1 and 3 have the same curve.

03:42:333 (1,2,3,4) - You could move these diagonally to the north east to make them exactly square
with the last 2 notes (http://puu.sh/72dP5.jpg).

03:59:132 (4,1) - 4 overlaps slightly with the tail of slider 1 nearly acceptably, but I would alter it for neatness how you want it.

[Tears]

01:21:718 (1,2) - I suggesting lining up 2 directly with the direction of the exit of slider 1 for flow (http://puu.sh/72e38.jpg).

01:32:852 (4,5) - Such a nitpick, but maybe you could line up the tail of slider 4 with the head of
slider 5 on grid level 4? (http://puu.sh/72edE.jpg).

01:35:392 (1) - I recommend a new combo here to make the pattern more identifiable. You'll see what I mean when you try it out.

01:38:908 (6) - Maybe a new combo here too.

01:55:292 (5) - A little idea would be to move this note in the direction of the next combo for
improved flow (http://puu.sh/72eq7.jpg).

02:20:295 (7) - I recommend flipping this slider, I felt like it flowed better like this. Not so much when it was the
opposite way around (http://puu.sh/72evg.jpg).

02:46:061 (6) - This pentagon could benefit from its own combo maybe.

02:53:874 (5) - This little pattern could NC too.

02:57:796 (5) - I feel like this note could be placed in the flow direction too, however I do like your placement too,
only a suggestion (http://puu.sh/72eD9.jpg).

03:14:985 (2) - I felt that the head of this slider could be placed in a perfect blanket with the slider
prior to it (http://puu.sh/72eLy.jpg).

03:20:455 (1,2) - These are slightly off screen for me too and could benefit from being raised a little. I'm sure the majority of osu! players have monitors that can handle this, but I'm speaking for the 1% that we must cater for whilst mapping.
This can be achieved by highlighting this whole section here and moving it up a bit. By doing this you aren't affecting the flow of anything or map playability at all, its just a small raise (http://puu.sh/72eVm.jpg). I made sure that the sections before and after this part weren't affected when taking this maneuver into account.

03:30:418 (2) - I felt this section looked and flowed better when this note was moved to the left a little
considering the slider before it has a curve (http://puu.sh/72f2T.jpg).

03:53:272 (7) - I would recommend a NC here to distinguish the pattern a little better.

03:56:398 (7) - Same here for continuity.

This diff is extremely well mapped and was a pleasure to mod. Good luck because this is one of my all time favourite songs!
Topic Starter
D33d
Thank you for the mod. I tried to resurrect it, but BSS seems to have a fit if a resurrected map doesn't see any action immediately. I'm not sure if I can go through it properly until tomorrow, but a quick scour tells me that I could use at least some of your suggestions.

DEEDIT: Still not quite up to going through this thoroughly. I'm hoping to feel awake and refreshed after a good night's rest. I'm still having second thoughts about the storyboard, but I guess I shouldn't worry too much when the mapping is the focus.
Topic Starter
D33d

Raiku wrote:

raiku mod!

[General]

- Resurrect the damn map so I can star it!

- If you aren't planning on implementing an animated storyboard, consider unchecking widescreen support in song setup -> design.

[Calm]

01:18:593 (1,2,3) - I felt you should make the head and tail end of 3 square with 1 and 2 (http://puu.sh/7294A.jpg). I would, but I was deliberate in making the slider fall with the vocal. Besides, everybody probably expects me to make a square.

01:35:782 (1) - I'm not sure how I feel about how this slider is timed, you could argue that this sort of timing could be an introduction to compound timing for beginners, but then again it IS a 1/2 star map, so in my opinion I suggest this alternative
or something similar (http://puu.sh/729b8.jpg). I'm very on the fence, because while doing it this way feels stronger, it also leaves the rim click gaping. Plus, this is mega-sparse anyway.

Though when you put it like that, I might put one or two sliders at 01:02:966 - back on the beat. Probably 01:06:091 (1) - as its end doesn't feel strong enough. Also, 01:04:528 (3) - ends on the offbeat again--given that there's more space after it, I feel that my changes create a stronger sense of tension and resolution.

01:37:345 (2) - This note is off screen for certain screen users, so consider moving it up a touch. Gone up by two grids; thanks for spotting that. I thought it'd be fine, since it's fine with the default resolution.

01:38:908 (1) - I do feel the same way about this as I did at 01:35:782 but then I suppose its up to you and I think it adds variety.

02:24:202 (1,2,3,4,5) - Move this combo up a little to avoid aforementioned
screen issue (http://puu.sh/729v7.jpg). I'll leave this one, because the pattern's slider is already grazing the HP bar. If I do apply this, then I'll have to slow down the slider, in order to make it flatter. Well, I suppose that I could bring the patterns out a bit, but then I'd--

To Hell with it, I'll move the patterns up and out a bit, so that the arc can be flatter. Actually, the pentagons aren't even equally close to the screen's edge. In fact, applying your fix now keeps everything well away from the screen's edges. That butterfly effect or something.

Okay, confession time
What I really wanted was to have 02:25:764 (5) - and 02:28:890 (5) - tracing the same imaginary arc, but nobody will see that nor care about it.

03:56:398 (1,2,3,4,5) - Same here (http://puu.sh/729Ev.jpg).

[Sorrow]

00:50:073 (3,1) - I personally suggest lining 3 up with the head of slider 1 like so (http://puu.sh/729Iz.jpg). I was basically doing that to keep the spacing perfect, but fuck it have a .05 spacing increase instead.

00:53:199 (3) - I recommend lining this up better between 2 and 1. You only need to adjust it a touch (http://puu.sh/729P6.jpg). I just spotted this on my own accord. I'm having trouble with the circle being one grid4 out, but people oughtn't notice that if they know what's good for them.'
Alternatively you could do the polar opposite and place it dead center as you have with the next note in that slider pattern, you even get a nice cozy blanket out of it with no overlaps (http://puu.sh/72cht.jpg).

01:09:216 (1,2,3,4,5) - I strongly suggest aiming the tail of slider 1 towards 2 a little more precisely to enhance the flow as well as moving 2,3 and 4,5 up 3 notches on grid level 3 to move them on to the screen a little more (http://puu.sh/72cyE.jpg). I would, but then I'd have to change every other wave and it's more trouble than it's worth. Functionally, the player can still flow smoothly through the pattern as it is, so I'm not too bothered.

01:12:342 (1) - I recommend aiming the tail of this slider towards the next note too for improved flow (http://puu.sh/72cEa.jpg).

01:38:908 (5) - Possibly a new combo here to accentuate the break in the vocals? I don't think this is really needed and it'd isolate 01:37:345 (1,2,3,4) - in a pretty awkward way. Not to mention, the sudden combo doubling would be eeeeergh. Fite me m8.

01:57:050 (2) - I suggest placing this note center of screen to create the continuity where you've used this pattern
before (http://puu.sh/72cOM.jpg). Alternatively you could place it here (http://puu.sh/72cSD.jpg). This all being said, I do see why you would have placed this here because of its timing, but it does look pretty in the suggestions :D As you can see, I was forming a line and that's consistent with the previous pattern. Also, your suggestions would both be nigh-unreadable. :joey bishop:

02:30:452 (8) - I feel this note looks and plays better flow wise if placed directly in line with the
exit direction of the slider (http://puu.sh/72d4e.jpg). I've placed it there so that it continues the curve of the slider. Your suggestion looks really unbalanced.

02:59:554 (2) - I suggest messing around with this note similar to 01:57:050. You could even create a blanket
like in this alternative (http://puu.sh/72dd4.jpg).

03:12:055 (2) - Maybe here too? Again sorry if you feel it's better there for timing/spacing reasons, I understand that. Same reasons. Besides, forming a line between distant objects is totally much more elite.

03:14:204 (1,2,3) - As aforementioned, I suggest moving 2 and 3 up a touch and aiming the tail end of 1 towards them
for enhanced flow (http://puu.sh/72dpT.jpg).

03:17:329 (1) - Similarly, here. No need to move the stack down though as it remains on screen (http://puu.sh/72dwD.jpg).

03:25:144 (3) - Perhaps you could make this slider have a SLIGHTLY more acute curve to flow into 4 better (http://puu.sh/72dAo.jpg). Also it would mean slider 1 and 3 have the same curve. ...I wonder why I never considered that? Oh well, changed. It was really because I wanted a delayed blanket with the previous arc, but to do that properly, I'd have to bring the ends further in anyway. Woohooooo.

03:42:333 (1,2,3,4) - You could move these diagonally to the north east to make them exactly square
with the last 2 notes (http://puu.sh/72dP5.jpg). I would, but they've aligned with 03:40:771 (3,4,5,6) - and that pattern doesn't have perfect 45° angles. Fiddling with that pattern would be a chore. I might come back to this later, if I'm feeling especially bored.

03:59:132 (4,1) - 4 overlaps slightly with the tail of slider 1 nearly acceptably, but I would alter it for neatness how you want it. It only appears to overlap in the editor--that's just the tail end of the hitburst, in which case the default is fairly formless anyway. With big, circular hitbursts, the hitburst's almost faded out only when that slider's snaking and fading in.

[Tears]

01:21:718 (1,2) - I suggesting lining up 2 directly with the direction of the exit of slider 1 for flow (http://puu.sh/72e38.jpg). I hate to be a bore, but I wanted angular alignment and stuff. Sure, I could just have things pointing straight down, but that looked pretty odd in practice.

01:32:852 (4,5) - Such a nitpick, but maybe you could line up the tail of slider 4 with the head of
slider 5 on grid level 4? (http://puu.sh/72edE.jpg). They're already aligned perfectly, since slider velocities of multiples of 0.16 make sliders fit to the grid perfectly. The lines are pretty boring and odd-looking anyway, so I'm hoping to change them soon.

01:35:392 (1) - I recommend a new combo here to make the pattern more identifiable. You'll see what I mean when you try it out. I don't want to break up the combos out of nowhere and to be honest, I like to confuse people with fair object ordering switches. >:D

01:38:908 (6) - Maybe a new combo here too.

01:55:292 (5) - A little idea would be to move this note in the direction of the next combo for
improved flow (http://puu.sh/72eq7.jpg). I basically wanted this pattern to climb and be aligned. Maybe I'm too anal about structures, but the combo-to-combo flow shouldn't be a beeg issue pleeez. Oh, (5) would be overlapped just as the wave slider's fading out.

02:20:295 (7) - I recommend flipping this slider, I felt like it flowed better like this. Not so much when it was the
opposite way around (http://puu.sh/72evg.jpg). I really wanted these and the next sliders to bounce. Also, structure reasons, but I swear that this one was more about the flow.

02:46:061 (6) - This pentagon could benefit from its own combo maybe. I hope you can see how I was kind of making the combos' phrasing flow in a staggered way. As in, because there's so much space after each pattern. It just looks more flowy and it also makes the player work a little more for their extra 300 combofinishes.

02:53:874 (5) - This little pattern could NC too.

02:57:796 (5) - I feel like this note could be placed in the flow direction too, however I do like your placement too,
only a suggestion (http://puu.sh/72eD9.jpg).

03:14:985 (2) - I felt that the head of this slider could be placed in a perfect blanket with the slider
prior to it (http://puu.sh/72eLy.jpg). It's as close as I could get to a perfect blanket. I don't really want to fiddle around with waves at this stage, as I'll blow my lid.

03:20:455 (1,2) - These are slightly off screen for me too and could benefit from being raised a little. I'm sure the majority of osu! players have monitors that can handle this, but I'm speaking for the 1% that we must cater for whilst mapping.
This can be achieved by highlighting this whole section here and moving it up a bit. By doing this you aren't affecting the flow of anything or map playability at all, its just a small raise (http://puu.sh/72eVm.jpg). I made sure that the sections before and after this part weren't affected when taking this maneuver into account. I'll move this entire section up a bit. It was originally placed with 03:18:892 (3) - on the [x] axis, but there's no definite centre and so that reasoning falls apart very quickly.

03:30:418 (2) - I felt this section looked and flowed better when this note was moved to the left a little
considering the slider before it has a curve (http://puu.sh/72f2T.jpg). My reasoning's kind of complicated, but I had it that way to preserve spacing and keep the straight slider well away from (1)'s start. Slight spacing changes can look very sloppy when a whole section's locked together very tightly, but this particular instance does little harm and does indeed look better.

03:53:272 (7) - I would recommend a NC here to distinguish the pattern a little better.

03:56:398 (7) - Same here for continuity. To be fair, the patterns look a bit burgeoning as one combo each, but it's also the end of the song and I wanted that for intensity. Plus, I like the effect with followpoints and object order confusion. Ah hell, I'm getting rather verbose about all of this.

This diff is extremely well mapped and was a pleasure to mod. Good luck because this is one of my all time favourite songs!
Topic Starter
D33d
I've gone and SV-hacked all of those imperfect blankets in [Tears]. They were bothering me for a long, long time, so I decided to do something about them. Turns out that it wasn't much bother after all and the end result was extremely satisfying.

I've also finally changed that ugly and boring line pattern to something a lot slicker. I've also changed the start of the last section, so that it builds more gradually--as I should've done in the first place. I think I've addressed every problem I've ever had with [Tears], so I'm probably going to push it for a rank at long last.
quaternary
signature mod ;)

General:
02:32:015 - move this timing section 2 white ticks earlier, because the long ticks seem to be in the wrong spot. This affects a lot of things - nc cymbals, main menu pulse, taiko+mania barlines,
Mute applause.wav?

Tears:
:D :D :D :D :D

Sorrow:
02:07:012 (3,1) - blanket these or something, it looks really ugly imo :(

Calm:
01:27:969 (1) - Quite dull.
02:14:825 (1,2,1) - Spacing seems a little off, unless there's something I'm not getting?
02:28:890 (5) - Personally, I think it'd be neat to have this slider half as long and repeat, like the blue one before it.

...Aaaand that's all I can find. Sorry for the crappy mod, but it's because your map is perfect.
Topic Starter
D33d
Hey man, thanks for dropping by. Glad you like it, but I'm not sure if I can use your suggestions. I'll address them anyway. :P

tuddster wrote:

signature mod ;)

General:
02:32:015 - move this timing section 2 white ticks earlier, because the long ticks seem to be in the wrong spot. This affects a lot of things - nc cymbals, main menu pulse, taiko+mania barlines, Since this timing point is supposed to be in the middle of a measure, I can't have it at the start instead. It might actually be more accurate to have it at the start, but I've added another point to reset the downbeat. I've also checked "omit first barline" for the sake of taiko. Nightcore can remain comical, because nobody should ever ruin this song with it. Ever ever ever.

Mute applause.wav? I think it's suitably pleasant, but I can always remove it and it wouldn't hurt anything either way.

Tears:
:D :D :D :D :D

Sorrow:
02:07:012 (3,1) - blanket these or something, it looks really ugly imo :( I would play around with different ideas here, but I approached this pattern in a functional way. Trying to change it would screw up the flow, blanketing would mean fiddling with the sliders for ages to make them look right, and I'd have to change lots of objects after it to flow and look right.

Calm:
01:27:969 (1) - Quite dull. Since this is such a long slider, I don't want it to be too complicated--it'll already challenge novices enough by making them move steadily in a smooth circle, then the direction change adds more challenge.
02:14:825 (1,2,1) - Spacing seems a little off, unless there's something I'm not getting? I had something different, but then Silverboxer suggested moving (2) so that it could be blanketed. The spacing changes does nothing to affect gameplay.
02:28:890 (5) - Personally, I think it'd be neat to have this slider half as long and repeat, like the blue one before it. It's certainly worth considering, but I wanted the second slider to be longer in order to create a sense of finality. I might change this, although the longer slider makes this pattern consistent with the end.
...Aaaand that's all I can find. Sorry for the crappy mod, but it's because your map is perfect.
Raiku
un graveyard this fool im not letting this die
Topic Starter
D33d

Raiku wrote:

un graveyard this fool im not letting this die
Make dkun mod it. I've tried.
quiz-chan_DELETED
Neither will I let this die.
Topic Starter
D33d

D33d wrote:

Make dkun mod it. I've tried.
I'm not trying to sound catty here--outside of spamming BATs left, right and centre, I won't be able to do much about this. Maybe I can start modding frequently, but I get the impression that people generally won't care as much about a slower, easier map.

The good news is that the worst of my uni work is over, then I'll have finished my degree in three weeks. After that, I'll have a ridiculous amount of time and no pressing commitments--though I intend to pour my efforts into osu!stream again. Only time will tell what will happen to my mapping.
Kaguya Hourain
Alright alright let's do this!

Let's hope you didn't change much since the last mod.

[General]
BPM/offsets: are you sure they should not just stack in the timeline?
Maybe House M.D. goes into source?
Nothing else
Cool combo colours :D

[Calm]
I will suppose this is an Easy.
OD -0.5-0.2
01:17:030 (3) - Lengthening this by 1/4 makes more sense during play and in my ears. The vocals may seem important but this slider breaks the rhythmical flow of the map.
02:05:449 (1) - Same concept as above here but too long this time.
Also weird hitsounds. I don't get the idea behind the intended use. I listen to the song and basically there is nothing there that goes with the hitsound used at the time. I would really like to hear your POV of this since I might be missing something.
That's all really. Since half your map is copy-paste of the other half everything I pointed out basically goes double. But I would go and do some different patterns it's not that difficult of a map to do.

[Sorrow]
HOLY SV!
I will suppose this is a Hard.
AR +1
OD +0.5-0.8
CS +0.5?
02:24:202 (1,2,3) - I like this!
03:40:966 (4,6) - Why not blanket?
Finally, proper slider usage in a map! Great work!
Again, I don't understand the hitsound usage though. I would really like feedback on this.

[Tears]
Ok this is an Insane!
AR +1.5
HP +0.5
Really great blankets man, I'm amazed.
What I noticed throughout the map is that you went for beter looking than functional/flowy. I like that but, would the players like it?
I also noticed a lot of copy-paste + rotate here as there was in Calm. Lost creativity?
Structure-wise everything is great. I don't get the hitsounds once again, but they made more sense this time.

Well, that's about it by me. Sorry if my mod was bad or whatever I couldn't find much. >.<

GRID SNAP WINS!
Topic Starter
D33d
It's e/n/h. As far as I'm concerned, the sv isn't all that high for the circle size and simplicity of the patterns. A slow song doesn't have to mean plodding sliders, which in fact bores me a lot. Nobody else seemed to have trouble.

Thanks for the mod! I'll do what I can in order to address it. I kept easy extremely repetitive deliberately, so as to make it a lot easier to follow.
Topic Starter
D33d

Kaguya Hourain wrote:

Alright alright let's do this!

Let's hope you didn't change much since the last mod.

[General]
BPM/offsets: are you sure they should not just stack in the timeline? When I did do that, sections seemed to start too early/late. As they are, they're as accurate as I think they need to be.
Maybe House M.D. goes into source? 'House' was just a T.V. show that happened to use the song. I only put it there because many people recognise this song from it.
Nothing else
Cool combo colours :D

[Calm]
I will suppose this is an Easy.
OD -0.5-0.2
01:17:030 (3) - Lengthening this by 1/4 makes more sense during play and in my ears. The vocals may seem important but this slider breaks the rhythmical flow of the map. I'm still not sure if I should or not. I'm a firm believer in not dumbing down easies too much, as they can otherwise put the player to sleep. Offbeats can still be conveyed intuitively, so I wanted to keep that here.
02:05:449 (1) - Same concept as above here but too long this time.
Also weird hitsounds. I don't get the idea behind the intended use. I listen to the song and basically there is nothing there that goes with the hitsound used at the time. I would really like to hear your POV of this since I might be missing something.I have an additive approach to hitsounds--they aren't intended to match the track sound-for-sound, because they'd otherwise sound extremely bland and lifeless. Because of object sparsity, I tend to hitsound easies slightly differently to the others--this way, there's still a sense of shape to the hitsounding and there's still more emphasis in certain places, if that makes enough sense. It's a taste thing, though I know that not everybody agrees with it. I hope you at least recognised the structure and patterns in the hitsounds.
That's all really. Since half your map is copy-paste of the other half everything I pointed out basically goes double. But I would go and do some different patterns it's not that difficult of a map to do. In my opinion, easy, normal and even hard tends to be better suited to direct copypaste, since they give the player obvious cues and helps them to predict the flow of a section. I feel that this is especially useful later in a song, as that's when their attention would drift.

[Sorrow]
HOLY SV!
I will suppose this is a Hard.
AR +1
OD +0.5-0.8
CS +0.5?
02:24:202 (1,2,3) - I like this!
03:40:966 (4,6) - Why not blanket? Its flow wouldn't have the "push" that I'm after.
Finally, proper slider usage in a map! Great work!
Again, I don't understand the hitsound usage though. I would really like feedback on this.

[Tears]
Ok this is an Insane!
AR +1.5
HP +0.5
Really great blankets man, I'm amazed.
What I noticed throughout the map is that you went for beter looking than functional/flowy. I like that but, would the players like it? So far, nobody's complained (to my knowledge). Some of the patterns feel a little bit contrived, but I think they still work well enough and there's always the risk of ruining sections with too much forced change.
I also noticed a lot of copy-paste + rotate here as there was in Calm. Lost creativity? I use similar patterns for similar phrases and figures. Nothing else to it than that. I think that copypaste still has its place in more continuous music, because it makes the map less likely to feel aimless. I also dislike making completely different patterns for the sake of it, when prior patterns can work just as well. Plus, it becomes harder for me to establish a stylistic theme if every pattern looks different.
Structure-wise everything is great. I don't get the hitsounds once again, but they made more sense this time. That's just, like, your opinion, man. Etc.

Well, that's about it by me. Sorry if my mod was bad or whatever I couldn't find much. >.<

GRID SNAP WINS!
Thank you very much.

Grid snap OP as fuck
show more