forum

Sudden Death change in osu! mania [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
HOLYWINNER
I dont know if someone else though about it but maybe in osu! mania the sudden death fonction of having full combo or fail could be changed to not pressing any useless key. It would become a mod that give more point ( or less lost if i understand how mods work for mania) because the sudden death for mania right now is not really usefull cause u can juste press 3-4 key at the same time to get a single beat.
DJKero

HOLYWINNER wrote:

I dont know if someone else though about it but maybe in osu! mania the sudden death fonction of having full combo or fail could be changed to not pressing any useless key. It would become a mod that give more point ( or less lost if i understand how mods work for mania) because the sudden death for mania right now is not really usefull cause u can juste press 3-4 key at the same time to get a single beat.
This is invalid, mania doesn't emulate guitar hero... pressing keys when there's no notes isn't a miss...
TheVileOne

DJKero wrote:

HOLYWINNER wrote:

This is invalid, mania doesn't emulate guitar hero... pressing keys when there's no notes isn't a miss...
Just wait until you see the people in the top 40, holding down all 7 keys and getting SSes from it. You know people will experiment. It's a lot easier to hold down 4 keys and be able to hit every possible combination of those keys than it is to hit each individual combination separately. The only thing that will get in the way are repeat notes.
jemhuntr
as the song gets harder, spammers (those who spam all buttons) get less possibility of actually hitting notes.
And no, you won't find top players who just spammed the map.
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Saten
Sudden Death doesn't multiply your score anyway.
benguin
This should be marked as invalid. Sudden Death should do that same thing for all 4 modes: instantly fail you if you lose combo. In mania's case, losing combo happens when either:
-hitting a note way too early
-not hitting the note
-releasing a hold before the end of the hold period

and sudden death fails you in all 3 of these cases, so it's working properly. If you are suggesting something else, then please suggest it as a new mod or a way of changing the game mechanics, not a way of changing a mod just for one game mode that doesn't make sense.
blissfulyoshi
I am agreeing with benguin here. Since sudden death just makes sure you don't miss things (and gives no multiplier), this is not a good implementation of sudden death. If you want to suggest another mod, you could do that... (even though I would be against it)

I'll deny after you see the message, or a period of time passes with no response.
Flower
And another reason that should put this into invalid.

The mod does not make you fail when you hit somewhere with no notes in osu! mode nor in Taiko mode. Hitting other keys may also be an approach to confirm the beats, or to help remembering the map. It is not Guitar Hero or TapTapRevenge anyway.