forum

How to upload a mapset that exceeds the file size limit?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sakisagee
I want to upload a mapset with some maps that are focused in one mania pattern (jacks), but when I try, the game says:

https://dragon.cloud/Z4ZX1LUOfcVDoZDk5OeX9w.png (screenshot of the problem)

Translation:
Error during upload.
Your map could not be uploaded. This map is too heavy. If you add a background video use a compressed video format to reduce the file size.
Maximum Filesize: 29045kb

I want to say that my mapset doesn't have any video file.
And I see that many mapsets that are uploaded on osu! exceeds that filesize limit.
(Examples: beatmapsets/618710 ; beatmapsets/1137987 ; beatmapsets/673847 )

Correct me if I'm wrong, thx ;3;
lewski
If I understood correctly, your set contains maps of different songs? In that case, just do the same thing as two of the sets you linked: include a diff that's long enough for the filesize limit to go over the size of your set. The limit is 5MB base + 10MB per minute mapped.

If you've got all songs in one mp3, making a long diff is really easy, just put one object at the beginning and another at the end. If you've got multiple mp3s, it's a bit more work but still not hard, just look at how Night Bunny did it in their set, I'm too lazy to explain in detail. In short, edit the .osu to have an empty AudioFilename, 0bpm, and objects wherever you want them.
Topic Starter
Sakisagee
What happen if I do that, but I'm still having the same problem? or im doing it wrong? uu