forum

What Am I doing wrong?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tamako Lumisade
I'm playing osu! about 2-3 weeks and I'm stuck :c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml5vhbxVzIE&feature=youtu.be

Here's the replay from the one song. My question: Why I miss circles too much? :B And sometimes I get 100, even If I'm sure that rhytm was perfect. Any advices? :3 I'm playing on mouse, fullscreen, c/v, 1,4 sensitivity.
Aqo
What everybody will tell you: play more, get better.

More specific advice: challenge yourself with harder maps and play many different maps every day, and your mistakes will slowly disappear over time. If you want to know "why" a mistake happened, the main and only reason is that you simply didn't play good enough.

If you want better accuracy: Start playing with HardRock and Hidden more. Those mods will help you to learn to have better accuracy.
If you want to miss less: reduce your cursor speed/sensitivity. This might seem counter intuitive but lower sensitivity makes it much easier to aim.

/thread

inb4 20 posts repeating the above contents in different wording.
enik
You're not supposed to be good at insanes with 500 play count huh.
Aqo

enik wrote:

You're not supposed to be good at insasens with 500 play count huh.
why not

with a good practice routine you should be able to play anything up to 170~180bpm perfectly very fast by simply having good understanding of the game. Only in speeds above that you will start being bottlenecked by physical abilities that require long-term training.
enik
Even with a good understanding of the game you need time to build foundtaion for your muscle memory to hit everything perfectly.
cirno-_old
Holy crap man you play better than most people who started out playing just 3 weeks ago. That was one of my first maps and I couldn't beat the insane diff until after 6 months of playing.

You'll continue to get better over time. Trust me. To be able to play insanes already is a huge accomplishment.

As far as that performance is concerned. Your timing/rhythm is pretty good, but your aim is off most of the time you miss. Practice jump maps. I think these two maps are good for that, but might be over your level:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/27470
Beware of the last song on it. I don't think I'll ever pass it because of it :(

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/35773
Real challenging, but I like it. You might too.
Aquamarine
If you have fun you'll naturally get better and not quit like every player I've known.
winber1
turn off enhance cursor precision mode if you haven't already. Your spinning looks as if you use precision mode.
Kanye West

winber1 wrote:

turn off enhance cursor precision mode if you haven't already. Your spinning looks as if you use precision mode.
I thought that option didnt exist anymore ingame
MillhioreF
I think he means the cursor precision mode in Windows itself (which makes the mouse a lot generally slower and harder to make quick, accurate movements with)
buny
looks like all you need to do is practice and be more consistent.
yoyomster
While spinning, it may help to keep the mouse pointer as close to the center as possible.
That way you have more time to accurately click the next hit circle when it appears.
As for the rest, it's just practising that map over and over again until you FC it.
And listening closely to the music instead of clicking the notes on sight might help too (if you're not doing it already :) )
Aquamarine
Does cursor precision matter if I use tablet? I think I have it on.
winber1
no,

It may have effects if you have tablet on mouse mode tho.
Topic Starter
Tamako Lumisade
Oky. Thanks for the advices. :3 Day after day I'm getting better and better. I'm focusing on doing perfectly easier maps than train hard ones. But I have a question about spinners.

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/133541

There, I'm 17th. And I did everything perfectly twice, so it's impossible to gain more points. But I've watched that people had more points from spinners than me. I tried 5 times and everytime, no matter how fast I roll it's 7000. I can't gain more. The person above me has done 8000. Does it matter, that they're tablet users or there's a mouse trick too? I'm playing now without mouse acceleration and with 0.8 sensitivity.
Aqo
Don't worry too much about spinning, or your rank on any difficulty on a map that is not one of the highest 2, because frankly (almost) nobody will care to ever look at those and they won't help your ranking with the current system either.

You will get better at spinning over time as you get better at everything else. Just don't care about it too much for now. As long as you can spot spinners quickly and clear them that's enough for now.
kriers
hi I tried opening your youtube link and:

I suppose we'll have to wait for the monkeys to show up D:
Zare

xHuskyPL wrote:

Oky. Thanks for the advices. :3 Day after day I'm getting better and better. I'm focusing on doing perfectly easier maps than train hard ones. But I have a question about spinners.

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/133541

There, I'm 17th. And I did everything perfectly twice, so it's impossible to gain more points. But I've watched that people had more points from spinners than me. I tried 5 times and everytime, no matter how fast I roll it's 7000. I can't gain more. The person above me has done 8000. Does it matter, that they're tablet users or there's a mouse trick too? I'm playing now without mouse acceleration and with 0.8 sensitivity.
No. Tablet users don't have an advantage when it comes to spinning. I myself use mouse and spin about 380-420 SPM, sometimes more.
Other mouse users, like kriers or lolcubes can go even faster (up to 470)
Actually, spinning seems to be easier with mouse. It's all practice after all.
GoldenWolf

Zarerion wrote:

Actually, spinning seems to be easier with mouse. It's all practice after all.
I agree, I spin faster with mouse than with tablet
Icyteru
Turn on NO VIDEO mod
Juphie

xHuskyPL wrote:

I'm focusing on doing perfectly easier maps than train hard ones.
As someone said before, you should rather focus on playing challenging maps if you want to improve your skill faster. You won't improve much by playing Easy/Normal with mods.
benguin

kreph wrote:

xHuskyPL wrote:

I'm focusing on doing perfectly easier maps than train hard ones.
As someone said before, you should rather focus on playing challenging maps if you want to improve your skill faster. You won't improve much by playing Easy/Normal with mods.
I think playing a good balance of both would be beneficial. When you are playing a map that's beyond your comfort zone, you typically have one of two goals in mind:
1) Getting an FC (or a good combo)
2) or passing

When you are only concentrating on either of these two goals, you don't put a lot of effort into accuracy, you only gain more speed. I mean good for you if you are fc'ing insanes on double time, but if you are doing it with like 79% accuracy, that accuracy is going to be an eyesore regardless. Playing a few simpler maps for your skill level , even if it's boring for you to do so, it's good to play them for the sake of improving your accuracy since the only thing you have to focus on is accuracy (if the map is easy enough, you don't have to worry about passing or comboing). This strategy works for me for this rhythm game and others as well.

EDIT: I'm not necessarily saying to play [easy]'s and [normal]'s, I'm saying to play maps you know where you can easily fc and an SS would be difficult but doable for you. If this turns out to be [easy]'s right now then fine, if it turns out to be low-level [insane]'s then still fine, do what's appropriate at your current skill level.
buny
Or play for the sake of playing

Best way to improve is by practicing the things you aren't good at, which is generally faster maps. It's better to practice maps you struggle with but still can pass
Laharl

xHuskyPL wrote:

I'm playing osu! about 2-3 weeks and I'm stuck :c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml5vhbxVzIE&feature=youtu.be

Here's the replay from the one song. My question: Why I miss circles too much? :B And sometimes I get 100, even If I'm sure that rhytm was perfect. Any advices? :3 I'm playing on mouse, fullscreen, c/v, 1,4 sensitivity.
Get a tablet.
Topic Starter
Tamako Lumisade
Hiya. It's again me~

Thanks for each word, it really gave me motivation. I've got a little improvement of my skill. I'm playing without acceleration on 0.6x sensitivity. But I noticed that my the biggest enemy is somewhere else. I've recorded another short gameplay and I'm wondering how to beat these moments, when there's a lot of beats to click. I can't play with 2 keys, because it's just throw me out from the rhytm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3iD3QvYbbU&feature=youtu.be
Pacemaker

xHuskyPL wrote:

I'm wondering how to beat these moments, when there's a lot of beats to click. I can't play with 2 keys, because it's just throw me out from the rhytm.
You're talking about streams, right? You have to learn using 2 keys, practice it. You won't get anywhere in terms of speed if you don't learn to alternate between keys, trust me.
enik
^this.
You need to learn 2key at least for streams if you want play harder maps.