forum

Osu website and in Game star values differ.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VoidMasterEnoch
Hi there,

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, I'm a returning player to osu!catch and I just completed the beatmap beatmapsets/39732#fruits/126446 3.18 stars as shown on the website, however when I am in game this specific beatmap shows up as a 4.36 star beatmap. You can imagine my confusion when I checked to see my new score on the best performance and it didn't show up. Is this a discrepancy between qualified and ranked maps or something completely different?
All the best.
Rougoku
Hi !

Yes, it's a bug that manifested itself somewhere like mid last year. Maps with stacks (reverse arrows sliders) are calculated differently ingame and on the website. It tends to happen more often with HR, e.g. these two maps : beatmapsets/923095#fruits/1932099 and beatmapsets/13169#fruits/51000. However, the correct star rating is the one on the website, not the one on the client !
Topic Starter
VoidMasterEnoch

Rougoku wrote:

Hi !

Yes, it's a bug that manifested itself somewhere like mid last year. Maps with stacks (reverse arrows sliders) are calculated differently ingame and on the website. It tends to happen more often with HR, e.g. these two maps : beatmapsets/923095#fruits/1932099 and beatmapsets/13169#fruits/51000. However, the correct star rating is the one on the website, not the one on the client !

Thanks a lot, good to know :)