forum

How can I remove the beat sound in a slider?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rickylok927
As some time I add a long slider, it emit the beat sound while sliding. I see others song but they can remove it. How can I do it?
Zelzatter Zero
You make a sound with absolutely nothing, and then renamed it to soft-sliderslide/soft-slidertick (if you're using soft hitsounds).

If you add a number after it (let's say, 2, like soft-sliderslide2) and I assume that you have no green line in your timeline, press F6, go to the Audio tab, change the sampleset to "Soft" (If you already change then you can skip it) and click on the third option right next to it. The number will depends on the number at the end of the sample name you add in the first place (And the default is 2).
TheKingHenry
worth a note that that RC has this kind of entry in there:

RC wrote:

Completely silent sound files must use this 44-byte file. Other files have unnecessarily large file sizes and 0-byte files do not function.

"this 44-byte file" linking to this: https://up.ppy.sh/files/blank.wav

so you don't really need to make your own silent file as it's provided already. Or actually rather than doing your own, you SHOULD actually use this instead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
IllusionB
If a slider is longer than one beat and you want to get rid of the slider tick sound thats between the slider head and tail, adding timing points to sandwich the tick sound and decresing volume to 10 or 15% will get rid of slider tick sound