there's nothing wrong with that it's so okay as long as you don't mean it
this is what straight people actually believe
DaddyCoolVipper

Jarby wrote:

Hika wrote:

there's nothing wrong with that it's so okay as long as you don't mean it
this is what straight people actually believe
Shots fired

Culture'll move on regardless of whether individuals keep using a word or not. Although you might want to help society change so you're less offended by things, you really can't make a difference unless you're starting some huge activist movement or something
Mogsy

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Culture'll move on regardless of whether individuals keep using a word or not. Although you might want to help society change so you're less offended by things, you really can't make a difference unless you're starting some huge activist movement or something
While this might be true, there's nothing wrong with trying to come across as less offensive to others.

It's called "not being a dick"
DaddyCoolVipper
That's true, yeah. I guess my point was more in a "private use" context rather than in public- if you call your friends faggots between yourselves, nothing bad's gonna happen.

You could say that people who get offended by stuff like that should mind their own business, though, but that's only if the people using the word are saying to to *only their friends* rather than people they're seriously trying to insult.
Jarby

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

You could say that people who get offended by stuff like that should mind their own business, though, but that's only if the people using the word are saying to to *only their friends* rather than people they're seriously trying to insult.
Except the point is that it's used publicly a lot anyway and everyone has to be exposed to it. Consider off-topic alone:

This is a public forum, not a private conversation between two people. If you give a shit about gay rights, you should bear in mind that perpetuating hate speech isn't a good move. If you were physically handicapped and the word cripple became the cool new word for someone that's bad or effeminate, I'm sure you wouldn't like that either, or at least see the consequences of it.
GladiOol
I believe in every language there's 'one of those words' which kinda crosses the line, but it has simply been accepted over time. In NL the word 'mongool' is just your regular swear word now, even though it's a term used for people who have down syndrom.

Besides, don't judge the word, judge the circumstance in which it is used. If you walk up to two gay men and call them a faggot, that's a completely different story than walking up to some douchetwat who's pissing against a wall in broad day light. Now that man, is a faggot.
Mara
Neekeri (nigger) used to be a legit word in Finland. Now you are denounced as a racist if you use that word.
Kaona
I'm friends with gay people who use the term fag and faggot in their everyday conversations.

I know that those people in particular (as well as others) don't use it directly as a form of hate speech against homosexuals - it's just a placeholder for alternative words but due to the complex and quick speech patterns of people those alternative words may not always come to the persons head but fag or faggot does.

Besides, the meaning of words change over time just like society does. Pink used to be a masculine colour and blue used to be a feminine colour. Gay used to mean happy.

I'm not saying it's right to use the terms fag or faggot but I don't see the need to take a piss at people for using those words when it was so obviously not meant in the context of insulting homosexuals.
AstralPhnx
Yeah, its annoying that the term gay is being used to discrible homosexuals. It sounds offensive. Also one ice cream cone producer here hasn't caught on yet and is still calling their ice cream cones "gay time cones". I am not kidding
Birdy

Mara wrote:

Neekeri (nigger) used to be a legit word in Finland. Now you are denounced as a racist if you use that word.
Nigger used to be a legit word in the United States. Now you are denounced as a racist if you use that word.
Mara
Meesnyhelvettiin used to be a legit word in the Persemaa. Now you are denounced as a racist if you use that word.
SaigonAlice
i come from a highly nationalistic asian forum lmao. warning: you may feel disgusted as you skim through the thread.
e.g. thread http://eastbound88.com/showthread.php/1 ... here-topic
Royston
I'm not sure what they're even talking about. Something about facial structure I guess?
SaigonAlice
lol something like that. about the perfect north east asian 'beauty' (particularly northern chinese and koreans).
another name for nordsinid is 'east aryan'. kind of retarded but funny.
GladiOol
eastbound88

88 = hh

hh = heil hitler

nazi forum confirmed
Kiay
i find sleeping a waste of time ;.;
Blue Stig
I want to RP more but I don't want to end up like Tennis Man.
Jordan

Kiay wrote:

i find sleeping a waste of time ;.;
Marry me
Birdy
Sleeping is my favourite hobby. Probably because I have lately seen a lot of fucked up dreams and I've remembered them long enough to write them up.
Cyclohexane

SaigonAlice wrote:

lol something like that. about the perfect north east asian 'beauty' (particularly northern chinese and koreans).
>implying all Asians don't look the exact same
Liiraye
I wanna bone my flirty colleague so bad, and I'll try to make it happen tonight
Kanye West

Liiraye wrote:

damn good luck
SaigonAlice

GladiOol wrote:

eastbound88

88 = hh

hh = heil hitler

nazi forum confirmed
lol
btw does anyone here go on stormfront

Mr Color wrote:

SaigonAlice wrote:

/:
Kyonko Hizara
I've found out recently how easily jealous I get
Flanster

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

I used to be like this.
Kaona

Liiraye wrote:

Bring out the alcohol.
vipto

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Same here, always got jealous very easily
Tsukimi Luna
Im not hentai
Jordan

Yuu-Chii wrote:

Im not hentai
Everyone is

Human beings shouldn't deny their nature
Liiraye
Even though I told you I'd post pics vipto... I won't x) I was a bit tipsy at that time.
Setsuen
I use a tissue paper to cover my mouse because I don't like the 'feel' of my mouse
Recently it looks like my mum changed the brand and now it feels weird whenever I use my mouse to play osu.....
Trash Boat
i see everybody is confessing some part of their lifes, i really appreciate your effort and courage. to avoid looking like an idiot, i'll confess something.
i could not relate to anyone in grade school or high school, was kinda violent and shy, i barely made through grade school but i couldnt in high school. now im studying again in a semipresencial institute, up to 2 days a week. but some people go 3 days a week.
Zeraph

Mr Color wrote:

SaigonAlice wrote:

the rude
Kyonko Hizara
I'm my only friend who is lonely
Birdy
I'm my only friend
Yoeri
I'm my
Birdy
I
NotEvenDoomMusic
silmarilen