forum

In game song search by word tags. [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Keredna
I know that there are already a lot of way we can sort/filter out the songs we want right now, but I believe it can be even more convenient if there is a word tag system.

The way it works is you find the song that you want, then right click on it, and there will be an option to let you add word tags to it.

Then you can enter key the word(s) that you want to filter it by.
For example, if the song you want to tag is for approach rate training, you can tag it as "AR".

Then you can search the song via another search box for tags.
Just type "AR" into the search box and it will filter to the song(s) you have under that tag.

In my opinion, this search system would be much more user definable and efficient.

Currently, the folder search option is the closest search method to this feature, but it is very inconvenient to have to go into the song folders just to move the songs around; and sorting can get pretty complicated if the song you want falls under various categories (DT, HD, AR, etc...).
deadbeat
t/16809?hilit=local+tags so something like this?
theowest

deadbeat wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/16809?hilit=local+tags so something like this?
I'd say this is a duplicate then. It's basically what Keredna is requesting here.
deadbeat
i guessed it would be. i just thought i'd play safe and wait for confirmation. but i guess if we both agree on it then there shouldn't be a problem :p
Topic Starter
Keredna
Ok, sorry. That forum wasn't in any of my search results, that's why I made a duplicate by accident.
Should I delete my duplicate forum then?
theowest
Delete what exactly?
deadbeat
no need to delete this thread. it'll be moved to completed requests at some point soon. so don't worry about it.