forum

[resolved] Cleaning up old feature requests: an initiative

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +55
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
At the time of this post, Feature Requests has 54 full pages of requests. That's a lot, and I sure wouldn't want to look through every single one of them if I were a developer! In an effort to make everything cleaner and more simplified.

I would like to ask anyone with sufficient motivation and plenty of free time to perhaps give a quick browse through the 54 pages of requests and see if you can spot any duplicates, things that were already added, or even threads that might be invalid. Instead of bumping their respective threads, which would bring them up to the top of the forum and clutter currently discussed requests, I would like you to make a post in this topic with a link to the request in mind (or links, in the case of a duplicate) and let me or another mod/support team member judge and tag it.

This would accomplish 3 things:
1. Easier searching (less threads in the forum means less results to search through to find duplicates before posting!
2: More chance of requests getting looked at by the devs (less competition for valid feature requests!)
3. Saving the support team and mods time and effort (why go through the backlog of threads when there's more current events happening?)

To all of you who decide to undertake this task, even if you find just one thread in need of tagging, I extend my thanks to you.

Disclaimer: This thread and event are not in any way connected to peppy, Derekku or any other member of the mod and support teams. In the event that any of the said parties disagree with this thread or what it stands for, I give full permission to have it locked and wastelanded.

New idea.
Collaborating with us on one list, which everyone can edit and comment on with Google Docs. Link
mm201
Yeah please don't bump any more ancient topics just to say "no."
They're as good as out of the way being where they are. Feel welcome to slip an invalid/added on them.
Derekku
I love you guys so much
theowest
Add as many unmarked requests you can find to the spreadsheet. Don't forget to discuss, and really think about it for a while before you say it's good/bad.