forum

good patterns to cause chokes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dialect
now i'm mapping this song and the gimmick is basically this: be as annoying and break their streak, as the name of the song is "break my stride." do you guys have any suggestions on how to cause players to break their streak, like any patterns?
lewski
since rankability doesn't seem to be a concern with a joke concept like that:

- two circles at exactly the same point in time but far away from each other on the playfield

- a slider with a repeat or tick so far offscreen it's physically impossible to hit
Chiru-kun
something insanely hard to read like:
[1 ----------- 2 --------- 3]...
ths cross screen pattern with 1/2 beat spaacing, and the next circle is stacked on 1, 1/2 beat-space after 3

or use insanely wide angles like beatmapsets/844351
prodii
In my opinion you can do it on high-bpm maps doing very fast-paced gameplay (example 2 Ticks Slider , 1 circle immediatly after the slider but very far from slider. The Chance of Getting 300's on both slider and circle are extremely small)

Or.

Slider , But while you are doing the slider , inside the slider be a circle(While sliding the circle will appear the circle having near 0% to FC.)
Zozimoto
if you aren't going for rank, and don't mind your map being unfcable

take a negative length slider, and put it below the screen, where noone can hit it, bonus points if it's at the same time as a circle
3bdallah
wide ass angles